• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

初音ミク Magical Mirai 2020

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
Oh wow wonder what that means.
A bit different than before? Hmm of course it is just because it is split in August and December. But does it mean anything else?
And Kaito and Meiko? Like, Mirai 2018 was all about the Kagamine twins, 2019 about Luka (and 2017 technically about Miku's 10th anniversary and the 5th anniversary of Mirai, but then again Mirai is always mainly about her anyway xd), so can that possibly mean they will actually give more attention to Kaito and Meiko this year?
That would be pretty unexpected as they are usually shoved to the back, but like, why not, that would be cool?

What do you guys think?
Excited for what they will say!
Time to decide still if I can go in December too xd Flights aren't as expensive so maybe...

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
I would assume it's the turn of Kaito and Meiko to have their turn to get some more attention than usual, though you can't be sure yet. I must admit I'm personally a little indefferent about them getting their share of the spotlight (as they're my least favourite of the bunch), but why not. It'd make their fans happy.

I'm opting for Tokyo Mirai this year. I know I can't go to both locations, and looking at flight prices I chose Tokyo (flights from Helsinki to Osaka and back in August are upwards of 1000 euros, while Tokyo in December is only 700. Plus I think Tokyo has more to offer as a whole.

JGV

Aspiring Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I'm guessing for Tokyo Mirai will have elements of Snow Miku. It is winter after all. Or two different themes among the two locations. Really hoping for the former. Only time will tell.

As for Meiko and Kaito. I really want more from them. As I grew to love all the crytonloids equally.

I am attending Tokyo Mirai, as my schedule is free for December. Osaka is up in the air. See what I can do.

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
I finished another detailled look on a concert! Check out my passionate coverage of "Magical Mirai 2019" now that the Bluray was released and I had time to sit down for a long time working on this.
It's such an amazing concert so I hope some of you will see why when watching^^
Can't wait for Magical Mirai 2020...

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
I decided to be an early bird this year and booked my flights to Tokyo for December already. The flight prices already went up from the last time I checked 2 weeks ago, so I figured it's better to book now and not risk the prices going up again. Probably they won't go down anymore. Direct Finnair flights for 790 Euros is almost 100 Euros cheaper than what I paid for my previous Japan trip, so I think it was a good deal.

Feels like a horribly long wait, but hopefully we'll get more Mirai news soon to keep the hype up.

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
Yeah I also booked my December flight just a week ago! Price for a direct flight with Lufthansa from Munich was like half of what it was for August.
But going twice is just crazy and super expensive anyway xd

Reactions: hamano

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
The main visual!

This year's theme is Matsuri and the main visual is by Fuzichoco.

And when they said they're gonna have some news about Kaito and Meiko? Well this year's Mirai in Osaka celebrates Meiko's 15th Anniversary (I'm assuming Kaito gets Tokyo then)

They also announced a crowdfunding project for Kaito and Meiko (MK15th project) to create life-size statues of the two.

Last edited:

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
Yep that's all very great! Earlier than expected too!
And it all makes sense now. Meiko will celebrate her 15th in Osaka, Kaito most likely in Tokyo.
The theme is Matsuri, and as you can see by the "mistake" in the shoes reflections, it is likely the winter will get a different costume.
So: Meiko and a summer maturi, and Kaito with a winter one! Real nice!!!

But lol crowdfunding? They always were able to make the statues themselves. Not anymore? xd

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
^o^💗💗💗💗
I also want to add some things ^^
the theme "Matsuri" (festival) is like a come back to the origins of Magical Mirai, back when there was Matsuri da Diva and also other summer and winter events before the first Magical Mirai in 2013. and the Olympics was an occasion to try to split Magical Mirai in two different periods of the year, in this case summer and winter (●'◡'●) nothing is set for the future, but if the new formula will be successful, it is also possible that future Magical Mirai events will always be both in summer and winter ^^ but again, this is only something they'll decide after Tokyo event (●'◡'●) in Japan, there are in fact some events that are organized every 6 months, for example Wonder Festival or Comiket :)

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
probably around february/march 2021, if they plan to include both footage of Osaka and Tokyo ^^
and it would be so nice to have a reversible cover (summer/winter illustration), or even better, 2 different blu-ray releases!! hehe

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
...as you can see by the "mistake" in the shoes reflections, it is likely the winter will get a different costume.
Oh yeah, I forgot that completely! I'm excited to see how a winter version will look.

...but if the new formula will be successful, it is also possible that future Magical Mirai events will always be both in summer and winter ^^
I personally hope this year is an exception and 2021 will be back to normal. Simply because I can't invest the time and money for two separate trips to Japan within a year. 2018 was best as there was only a week between Osaka and Tokyo meaning I was able to attend both. And to me part of Magical Mirai's magic is that it takes place only once a year. If I lived in Japan though, it'd be nice to have the events spaced out a bit (less agonizing wait before the next Mirai :D

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Aw, I was hoping the Meiko-related announcement we were getting would be related to Meiko NT. Still, this is awesome! I love Miku’s summer design so much :kanon_lili:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I really like Miku's design for 2020. It's pretty!

Personally, I think making Mirai happen twice a year isn't necessarily a bad thing. I can see the argument for having it only occur once in order to keep it special; I kind of share it. At the same time, though, having two events spaced out 6 months apart gives more different people a chance to go--if they can't make one concert, they might be able to make the other. IMO, giving more people who want to go a chance to actually attend is a good thing. It's good for them (Yup, I do believe it can literally be good for them.), and it also gives the event a certain amount of new blood. New people might mean new fans in the fanbase (Though I'd generally prefer concertgoers to have some knowledge/actually be fans beforehand, the event's existence could still serve as a gateway of sorts.), increased relevancy of the event to people who aren't in the current core Mirai group...basically, it's a preventative step against stagnation. Too much change or undesirable changes can be bad things, but something that stagnates is on the road to dying. And I don't want that at all. We want to keep the various parts of our vocal synth sphere healthy.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
But lol crowdfunding? They always were able to make the statues themselves. Not anymore? xd
I feel the same way. I saw a nice thread on Twitter giving a different perspective on why they would do it, one of the reasons being to gauge fan reactions for future projects involving them:

(Click the tweet to read the rest.)

I still think it comes off as really mean/stingy, though. Hopefully when the campaign gets funded by fans, then they will be more generous in the future.

Reactions: mobius017

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
About crowd funding, I assume it's really expensive to make these figures and Meiko and Kaito are just not popular enough for them to just "make them"?
Miku got real beautiful ones the last few years at Mirai (wonder where they keep them?) but well, she is Miku. And even she didn't get real good ones until like 2016. The figures from the years before were far less polished!
AND not even Rin/Len/Luka got an original new figure for their anniversaries at Mirai, were just figures they already had! So yeah probably it's just that.

And about Mirai twice a year, hmm...feels like a shame missing at least one, but going forward I can't keep going every year no matter what, so if they helt it twice anyway it would make it easier potentially to at least go to one. Also, flights in December are cheaper for me from Germany (out of my two booked flights, August was like twice the price of December, and that is not because of thy Olympics soley, it was a similar price the last few years).

Reactions: uncreepy

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
The crowdfunding probably does serve the purpose of measuring interest, but life size statues aren't that cheap to make, so only Miku has been getting one every year. When it comes to Kaito and Meiko, CFM knows they're not as popular as Miku and the CV series, so they might be a bit hesitant to throw money into making nice quality life size figures only to discover that ten people who come to Mirai care. Perhaps Crypton isn't sure if funding the statues all by themselves would be worth it?

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
like said, the crowdfunding thing is more a thing to check if there is an interest in making more stuff for Meiko and Kaito :) crowdfunding in Japan is more to make fans partecipate in a project, for example Good Smile Racing (the personal sponsors project held every year) or the recent SMS2020 for Snow Miku ^^
to make another example, when the crowdfunding will be successful, Crypton will be sure to make a big detailed event space area in the exhibition to celebrate their anniversary, make more goods for them, and so on :)

(and yes, every statue is very expensive, an average of 1.000.000~1.500.000yen each, with Miku Magical Mirai 2017 and 2019 being around 2.500.000yen)
(they are in Sapporo Crypton headquarters, some in the same floor of the office, some in other floor ^^ )

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Regarding the statues, it might also matter that, with their new editor, projection tech, etc., CFM is going through a big transition and taking on what might be one of the highest periods of risk they've ever had (Not knowing their full history, that just seems like a reasonable guess to me, as they're moving some of the biggest things at the heart of their company's wellbeing to a new platform that they developed themselves.). Between that and Kaito/Meiko's lesser popularity compared to the CV series crowd, in a way I think it's amazing if they're footing the bill for the statues at all. But they are still doing it. It's more impressive if they have some of their own financial skin in the game rather than leaving it all up to crowdfunding, but even if not, they're still probably devoting their employees' time to managing the creation of the figures, handling some of the logistics of creating/moving/positioning them, doing social media following of the statues' creation (? Could be. We'll see.), and stuff like that. It's still a nice nod of some kind to the 15th of the oldest members of the Mirai cast.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)