• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

初音ミク Magical Mirai 2020

wei wei

New Fan
Apr 13, 2018
^^ i think November is still way too soon to be going to concerts, and social gatherings. this virus is not going to go away anytime soon.

Reactions: goldenchild

Rolo

Watch Levius and Stan Natalia Cromwell
Sep 16, 2019
If I’m not mistaken I think Japan is doing better with cases than other parts of the world. I do agree it’s a risky move but I think if they do a limited audience and space out the venues it should hopefully be okay depending on the case count by then. An online option would be much better and safer though.

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
Seems like they wanna still hold live concerts, but limit attendance to 50%?
Hope they will still offer accomodation plans for foreigners.
Mirai Osaka is unfortunately off the table for me now, but hopefully Tokyo can still happen, also for Miku fans visiting from overseas.

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
I kind of expected that the new dates for Osaka would be around November-December. Nov 27th-29th is pretty late in the year so shouldn't be too risky. The situation with covid-19 hasn't been that bad in Japan to begin with.

goldenchild

Aspiring Fan
Apr 15, 2018
Far away from Japan
Seems like they wanna still hold live concerts, but limit attendance to 50%?
Hope they will still offer accomodation plans for foreigners.
Mirai Osaka is unfortunately off the table for me now, but hopefully Tokyo can still happen, also for Miku fans visiting from overseas.
Unfortunately NO:
Notice for those living overseas :

For Overseas Residents

The World Health Organization(WHO) has formally declared the Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak a pandemic.
Although MAGICAL MIRAI 2020 in Osaka has been preparing preventative measures against infectious diseases, in order to prevent the further spread of the COVID-19, ticket sales for overseas residents will be cancelled.
Thank you for your understanding and your cooperation.

ticket sales for overseas residents will be cancelled.

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
Uhhh this is irrelevant, this is from back when the plan was still for Mirai Osaka to be helt in August.
This is notup to date news anymore, there is no word on what the situation for foreigers will be like for the rescheduled event or Tokyo.

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Yup, the official website hasn't been updated yet.

This is pure speculation, but I think lotteries and accommodation plan should be open for foreigners, November and December are still months away. Bigger concern for foreigners would be whether or not they're allowed into Japan at all. Europeans, Asians and Australians will probably be allowed to enter just fine by November without 14-day quarantines, but the chances for americans look a lot slimmer I think, given the situation with corona over there.

If by any chance there'd be no ticket sales for foreigners for both venues, I'd have to resort to Japanese ticket resellers, something I'd rather not do. I wouldn't want to support scalpers, plus it's just extra hassle in general, but if hypothetically things would go that way, I'd really have no othet choice.

Reactions: 39dearMIKU

Rolo

Sep 16, 2019
If they don’t sell tickets to foreigners wouldn’t it just be better to pass up on the concert. Of course missing an opportunity to see Miku would be sad but it isn’t worth putting others at risk of the virus. I think they will allow foreigners to see it since they’re translating concert information into English still but in case that they do decide it isn’t worth it I don’t think it’s a good idea to try and get around that.

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
from what i've heard, about tickets sold to overseas fans nothing is decided yet and they'll follow the government and prefecture guidelines: for example, between Osaka and Tokyo there can be different rules and guidelines, but it is still early to know..
one solution, in case of worst scenario (no lottery and no accomodation plan for overseas fans), I can imagine, is that they will allow to attend the concerts and the exhibition if you can buy the ticket in Japan directly at the travel agencies or the convenience stores (from the ticket machines), because if you are already in Japan during that general sale period, then it means you are allowed to be there :)

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
If they don’t sell tickets to foreigners wouldn’t it just be better to pass up on the concert
Short answer: No, it wouldn't. Of course if I'm not allowed into Japan or have to stay in quarantine for 14 days upon arrival, then I have no option really other than pass the event. As long as I can enter the country there's nothing to justify not attending, and the organizers can't really restrict the event only to those residing in Japan. The risks are quite minimal I think, as the virus hasn't been widespread neither in Japan nor Finland. It's unlikely I would infect others or get infected myself.

But in the end I believe I won't have to resort to resellers, I think there'll be a foreign ticket lottery + acc plan.

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
Yeah actually, shouldn't even matter to them. If a fan legally gets into the country, then obviously, they are allowed to be there by official government rules.
Just not allowing foreigners would be pretty racist xd

Maybe they should just leave a disclaimer, "purchase at own risk", like they can't gurantee that people will be able to travel to Japan, idk.

Hamano and MagicalMiku are right, once you are in the country, you are allowed to, and restricting you for the event makes 0 sense.

Rolo

Sep 16, 2019
I didn’t actually mean if you’re in the country you can’t get a ticket of course if you’re in Japan you can. But if they’re saying no ticket sales to foreigners I’m sure that means people who would leave their country to come to Japan. As stated above if there are quarantine measures in place around that time then going would be impossible anyway, but if the event still happens, they decide no foreigners (people coming from outside Japan) and there aren’t quarantine measures set by the country of Japan then it seems very unwise to try and go to an event you’re being asked not to go to at least without getting tested and making sure you weren’t exposed to the virus.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
The other Cryptonloids got Mirai costumes as well, like last year

Where do the costumes show up, though? I don't remember seeing them wear them during Mirai 2019. Am I blind/forgetful? It seems like it would be a deal to use them on their concert models.

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Where do the costumes show up, though? I don't remember seeing them wear them during Mirai 2019. Am I blind/forgetful? It seems like it would be a deal to use them on their concert models.
Promotional art and merchandise. Miku is the only one to get a special costume in the concerts. That was the case last year, and will most likely be the same this year. Adapting a new costume design into a concert module is not as easy as one might assume, so it would be very unlikely that any other Cryptonloid would have a special costume in the live show.

Reactions: mobius017

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Promotional art and merchandise. Miku is the only one to get a special costume in the concerts. That was the case last year, and will most likely be the same this year. Adapting a new costume design into a concert module is not as easy as one might assume, so it would be very unlikely that any other Cryptonloid would have a special costume in the live show.
Makes sense. That might help explain why "Survive" didn't actually appear in MM 2019--the artwork for it used the custom outfits.

(And honestly I thought it was too bad that it didn't appear--I had imagined it might be the closing song or something. That would've been EPIC.)

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
Makes sense. That might help explain why "Survive" didn't actually appear in MM 2019--the artwork for it used the custom outfits.

(And honestly I thought it was too bad that it didn't appear--I had imagined it might be the closing song or something. That would've been EPIC.)
Well I can tell you never to expect the song marked "bonus track" to ever be played live, including this year's one.
Of course they could always change this if they wanted to, but so far, the bonus track off the album has NEVER been played live.
You only hear it being played at the expo on the loudspeakers playing the album on loop.

Reactions: mobius017

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Well I can tell you never to expect the song marked "bonus track" to ever be played live, including this year's one.
Of course they could always change this if they wanted to, but so far, the bonus track off the album has NEVER been played live.
You only hear it being played at the expo on the loudspeakers playing the album on loop.
Meh, too bad--would've been cool. I guess it should've been obvious that that was why the song didn't show up (It was "extra," by definition.). I didn't pay much attention to its bonus status when they released it, partially because it didn't make much difference to me at the time, and partially because I was distracted by the awesomeness :) .

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)