• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

初音ミク Magical Mirai 2023

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Just curious: how good are the odds for the ticket lottery generally (meaning they got a seat of any kind)? I feel like I mostly see people posting about being successful, but then again those who aren't might not feel like sharing their misfortune.

Reactions: MagicalMiku

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
Just curious: how good are the odds for the ticket lottery generally (meaning they got a seat of any kind)? I feel like I mostly see people posting about being successful, but then again those who aren't might not feel like sharing their misfortune.
good question! ^^
well, for Magical Mirai the lottery tickets is different for japanese residents and for overseas: usually, the japanese lottery is made in 2-3 parts, with the first part having the most tickets available. then, any remaining tickets are added to the next lotteries. in Japan there is also the general sale period, which happens about 1 month before the event, and also is possible to get tickets from travel agencies, ticket agencies and also fan clubs. in total, the tickets for japanese lottery are about the 60% of total.
(Osaka venue has 4.500 seats, Tokyo Chiba Makuhari about 7.500 seats)
for overseas, the available ticket are only in the form of lottery and accomodation plan (which is very very limited, usually 20-30 seats for every live). I don't have exact numbers for the overseas tickets, but I could say is about 10% of total (and overseas market is divided between western countries, China and Korea)

what are the odds? with many tickets available for the japanese market, the probability is higher, but also there are more and more people applying for that lottery, because the japanese fans know that general sale tickets get sold out in a matter of minutes hehe
the most requested seats are the SS seat, especially for the first lottery, so I would always recommend to apply for at least some S seats, which are still very good. also, the odds are higher if you choose the day concert and not the evening concert (I actually prefer the day concert because one is the first, so you get the "first" feeling, and second, is more calm and you can enjoy the concert more. usually the day concert has more students, family, long term fans and couples) hope it helped(*^-^*)

Last edited:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
@MagicalMiku: Thank you very much for all that information!

Hmm, I wonder if the odds for the foreign lottery might actually be better than in the domestic one. There are far fewer seats available, but there's probably also a smaller pool of people applying. It's not that the demand isn't there, but planning an overseas trip isn't a small feat for everyone.

Honestly, imagining 4500 or 7500 vocal synth fans in one place makes me really happy!

• Love

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
you're welcome!🎈
and yes, you're correct about that, especially considering that Magical Mirai happens in summer, so not only the airplane fees are higher, but also I guess is more difficult to get many days off from work. Since 2018 (and 2014 too), there is Magical Mirai both in Osaka and Tokyo, with a difference of about 2~3 weeks between the 2 events, and I could say the odds are in favor if you choose Osaka lottery ^-^

and the exhibition has even more and more fans! hehe

Last edited:

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
Magical Mirai 2023 song contest winner video<3

comment of the producer 宮守文学さん on winning the Grand Prix award:
この度はグランプリという賞をいただき、大変光栄に思います。
10年目という節目を越え、今年は更に先の景色を見に行くための動力として。
ちょっと強引に手を取って、でも絶対に離したりしない。そんな曲です。
会場でブチ上がれる日を楽しみにしております。

(/translated)
I am very honored to receive the Grand Prix award.
Beyond the milestone of 10 years, this year will be the driving force to go to see the scenery further ahead.
Take my hand forcibly, but never let go. It's that kind of song.
We are looking forward to the day when we can go up at the venue.

Last edited:

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
happy for you!! the S seat in Makuhari is actually pretty good, and because in the last few years they've made the stage a bit higher, the view is very nice from any seat ^u^
S is quite good as long as your seat is not in the extreme left or right flanks, the way the stage projection works means the view to the stage is not so good, at least if you're quite far forward and all the way to either side, I think I had one such seat in 2018, and I think it wasn't very good, but usually yes, S seats are pretty good, sometimes even almost the same as being at the SS block.

@MagicalMiku: Thank you very much for all that information!

Hmm, I wonder if the odds for the foreign lottery might actually be better than in the domestic one. There are far fewer seats available, but there's probably also a smaller pool of people applying. It's not that the demand isn't there, but planning an overseas trip isn't a small feat for everyone.

Honestly, imagining 4500 or 7500 vocal synth fans in one place makes me really happy!
I feel like the odds might be slightly in favour of the foreigner lottery, for the reason you mentioned. But of course it's all down to luck in the end, and I think JP lottery odds are fairly good as well, first round especially.

If you're after an SS ticket specifically, I think the chances are much better in the foreigner lottery. It seems more difficult to get SS in JP domestic lottery, but in JP lottery you can apply for the A section tickets (further away from the stage) as well while gaijin lottery only has SS and S as options.

And yes, the odds are a bit better for Osaka than Tokyo, since you have less people applying. Also, on the topic of increasing chances in the lotteries, Sunday night show is always the most sought after, so you have more people applying for it, while Friday lives are least popular (On Friday a lot of people are at work so obviously less people applying for that). Also daytime shows generally have less demand.

MeekoHaw

New Fan
Apr 11, 2023
Results for the 1st round of JP ticket lottery came in. Knowing there's the foreigner lottery as well i only applied for both Sunday shows (Tokyo) as a safety measure in case I get destroyed by the foreigner lottery. I had decent luck; got an S for both shows. I'll probably apply for an SS for Sunday night still, and sell the S ticket to a friend if I get the SS.
Mind if I ask how you were able to sign up for Pia without a Japanese phone number? Or do you have a friend in Japan and used their number?

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Mind if I ask how you were able to sign up for Pia without a Japanese phone number? Or do you have a friend in Japan and used their number?
I registered an account on Pia last year using a virtual Japanese number (050-number). Unfortunately though the service I used doesn't serve non-Japanese people anymore, but I've been able to use my Pia account without problems so far.

MeekoHaw

New Fan
Apr 11, 2023
I registered an account on Pia last year using a virtual Japanese number (050-number). Unfortunately though the service I used doesn't serve non-Japanese people anymore, but I've been able to use my Pia account without problems so far.
Ah, lucky.

It's unfortunate that it's so difficult for non-residents to get a Japanese phone number. Even in the UAE and Hong Kong, which have relatively strict government controls in other ways, it's easy and cheap (or, at least it was as of 2013) to get a pre-paid SIM. Oh well, shouganai.

JGV

Aspiring Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Well, got my AP. Not the one I want, but I have a LIVE ticket.

It's always stressful when you're trying to guarantee yourself a ticket through this means.

The acommodation plan sales is one thing I don't look forward to when it comes to Mirai. Luckily, I zenned out enough to keep calm throughout the website crashes.

How did everybody else do in the AP?

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
Lol acco plan servers were a disaster again, but Rob and I managed to get 3 for Osaka and 3 for Tokyo xd
First hour was terrible, Tokyo didn't load at ALL, then suddenly it worked perfectly...
Finally Mirai to look forward to again!! With SS tickets for each night!
But DAMN was it expensive... at least we can actually use the hotels this time!

Reactions: MagicalMiku and JGV

JGV

Aspiring Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Good to see that you're going to Osaka and Tokyo. I can only do Tokyo, unfortunatley.

I just got one AP for Sunday afternoon. The rest of the LIVE tickets, I will go the lottery route.

Good to hear from you Kevin!!!!

Reactions: 39dearMIKU

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Damn it was a disaster again. They've been doing the acc plan for years and still their servers crash every time, you would kind of expect them to address the issue by now. I started trying to get in at 6:00 sharp, and took me over an hour to get in, at which point all evening show plans were gone. Also the fact that I was at work already, meaning I had to do it on smartphone and wasn't physically able to sit tight and keep trying all the time didn't help the effort.

Oh well, at least I secured an SS for the Saturday afternoon concert, from here on it's all down to the lottery, I'll roll for Sunday night SS at least, and Friday night.

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
glad to hear that you all managed to get the tickets (or at least, some of the tickets) from the accomodation plan! ^-^
it's been some years since I used the accomodation plan (like Kevin knows, I thankfully get my Magical Mirai tickets from my friends at Sega hehe), but I remember back in 2014 and 2015 that it was quite difficult to get the connection from the website, especially the first 10 minutes.
For any future tickets of accomodation plan, I can recommend some things that can help a bit: use Firefox browser, set the OpenDNS on your computer, disable any kind of antivirus/firewall and never use any kind of proxy or vpn service.
The crashes happen because it is a service provided by travel agency in Japan, so their servers are not used to a very high demand in short time. (also, the system itself is made to accept a limited number of requests per minute, this is made because the available rooms/tickets are little compared to the demand, also to prevent any automated process) I will also share your feedback of website crashes, hoping it will get better ^-^

Last edited:
Reactions: AddictiveCUL (Add)

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
Mirai tickets: GOTTEN
Flight originally meant for August 2020: SOMEHOW REBOOKED FREE OF CHARGE
Hotels for 4 week trip: BOOKED AND PAID FOR (the Yen/Euro was just too good to risk paying on the property like I usually did)
Bank account: EMPTY XDDD Well, major expense done and still a few months to go of hard work xdd

So hyped!! :-D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)