• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

初音ミク Magical Mirai 2023

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
Magical Mirai 2023 karaoke collaboration with special menu and drinks, themed room and concert live viewing(^∀^●)ノシ🎉🎈

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Magical Mirai 2023 in Tokyo band members ^-^

It might be easy for people just getting into the fandom to focus on the vocal synths exclusively. Once you've seen a few concerts, though, you come to recognize and feel fondly toward the band members, too. It always makes me happy seeing familiar faces each year!

Plus, the songs are sometimes slightly remixed and/or the band members seem to add ad-libs at times. You wouldn't want that to be taken too far, but it's sometimes resulted in versions that I prefer to the originals!

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
It might be easy for people just getting into the fandom to focus on the vocal synths exclusively. Once you've seen a few concerts, though, you come to recognize and feel fondly toward the band members, too. It always makes me happy seeing familiar faces each year!

Plus, the songs are sometimes slightly remixed and/or the band members seem to add ad-libs at times. You wouldn't want that to be taken too far, but it's sometimes resulted in versions that I prefer to the originals!
yes yes!! ^u^
and with every concert you really start learning their "signature" and feel the difference, even with same songs and arrangements. with some members that change/rotate during the events, there is always that kind of surprise and different feeling :miku_ani_lili:

Hey, Camacho is Dr. Camacho now lol. (I know, it's supposed to be short for drums...)
hehe Dr. Camacho sounds so nice actually! :ryuuto_ani_lili:

Reactions: mobius017

GreenGummy

New Fan
Sep 2, 2023
Does anyone know if Mekuhari Messe would have much better screen, projection, and sound quality compared to Intex Osaka? I am planning to go to Magical Mirai in 2024, but would also like to go to Summer Comiket as well. I noticed that the Osaka dates are always near Comiket (mid-Aug) while Tokyo is usually a few weeks afterwards (early Sep).
I know Intex Osaka is better than nothing, but I am concerned that I will be missing out by not going to Tokyo's event.

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
Does anyone know if Mekuhari Messe would have much better screen, projection, and sound quality compared to Intex Osaka? I am planning to go to Magical Mirai in 2024, but would also like to go to Summer Comiket as well. I noticed that the Osaka dates are always near Comiket (mid-Aug) while Tokyo is usually a few weeks afterwards (early Sep).
I know Intex Osaka is better than nothing, but I am concerned that I will be missing out by not going to Tokyo's event.
Makuhari Messe location is bigger than Intex Osaka, so yes, that allows more seats and a bigger stage. There are usually more light effects since there is more space available, while the projection is the same. In terms of sound quality, both locations are excellent, with Intex Osaka a bit more bassy sound. Then it really depends on the seats location. Another thing is seats availability: since there are like 1.5x more seats in Tokyo, it is easier to get a ticket I think, but at same time, in Osaka is easier to be near the stage ^^ The exhibition as well is a bit bigger, but really, both Osaka and Tokyo are very very enjoyable ^-^

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
That was so, so good! There were a few well-chosen older songs, and so many new ones! Every vocalist had at least two songs, and everyone had one or two bangers. Kaito's second song was beautiful! And there was the Luka/Rin duet, and the Miku/Meiko duet (pairings we haven't seen in a concert before, AFAIK); and the new Rin/Len duet. And there was that one song of Rin's...and that one of Len's...and both of Luka's...and Meiko's second one....

And can I mention King Jack, which was one of the best-hitting Miku songs I've seen in awhile! As well as Hero, whose effects were phenomenal!

The members of the band seemed to really be enjoying themselves, too! The new band member view was a nice change!

The birthday tribute was also really sweet. I never expected to see that Mitchie song live!

Very, very impressive! Thank you, CFM!

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Alright, Mirai marathon is over. Now the Magical Tsurai is setting in... Magical Mirai is always too short, though admittedly I am tired, tired but happy. Finally after four years I got to see Miku on stage again and meet friends I haven't seen in a long while, as well as making new acquaintances. It was an amazing weekend!

I could say my weekend already started on Thursday with Cheers39 event on Miku's Birthday, continued by Magical Mirai itself on Friday thru Sunday, with Tsunagaru Mirai afterparty on Friday and Saturday nights. I attended one Mirai show on Friday and one on Saturday, and today both day and night concerts. Only downside is that my feet hurt quite a lot. Maybe the four year break from concerts has had an effect, or I've just gotten older and don't have the same physical stamina anymore...
Thank goodness I booked APA Hotel right next to Makuhari Messe, the convenience is near irreplaceable.

One thing I noted about the exhibition was that there seemed to be a lot more people compared to 2019. The queues were insane inside the venue, I didn't even try to get into Creators Market or gachapon area, as the queues looked very long and slow moving. Bit of a shame, especially for the Creators Market, there were some producers I would've liked to meet and buy stuff from. It was nothing like this in 2019... but definitely I'd say this year has broken the visitor record. They should expand the exhibition to three halls instead of two next year to ease congestion maybe.

The concerts were of course the main part of the event. Enjoyable as ever, though maybe some of the setlist choices weren't necessarily to my personal liking. But it was once again proved that songs will be a whole different experience in a live concert vs original release, some songs on the setlist I didn't like that much are actually great as a live arrangement.

I'll write more about my Mirai experience later as it's getting late and I'll have to pack my stuff and head back to Tokyo from Chiba tomorrow morning. It's going to be one more week in Japan before going back to mundane everyday life back home and counting days until the next Mirai.

JGV

Aspiring Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Took a week, but I finally recovered from exhaustion and jetlag. It's been quite a ride, last weekend.

I started my holiday with a concert. So I'm tired before I even set out to Tokyo. I arrived in Tokyo on Monday, heading out to my hotel in Makuhari. Thinking I could relax for a couple of days, but the heat and humidity limited the activities I could do outdoors. So I ended up collecting chocolates and clear files from the Miku x Lawson x Meiji collab. Then chillin at Starbucks and the various restaurants around Makuhari.

On Wednesday, I headed to Miku Promise out in Odaiba. Which is a small exhibit that featured all the full-scale Piapro character statues. Miku history, vocaloid programme history, Dollfie Dream, and various art.

Miku’s Birthday is when all the fun started. I dropped by my favorite place in Shibuya for a drink before the Cheers39 event and that was the only time I had of relaxation. The Cheers39 was just one big reunion of fans from overseas. Great seeing all the familiar faces I’ve seen throughout the years. Got to catch up with @39dearMIKU as well.

The following morning. Along with fellow oversea fans, came "linecon". Upon arriving at the Messe Mall 15 minutes before the 6 o’ clock designated queue time, there were what felt like over thousand fans ready to queue. When 06:00 came about. The chaos began, as staff directed people around the mall towards the Hall 9-11 concourse. Luckily coming early paid off as we were queued in air conditioned concourse. Yet many weren’t so lucky. When the exhibition/expo finally opened we quickly rushed to the official merch queue. After I got my official merch, I rushed to COSPA for the embroidered work shirt, then PIIT. Which took forever. Afterwards, I saw the crazy queues around the exhibition and decided to go back to my hotel. Deciding to see the rest of the expo the following day.

The concert featured many new songs. Which steadily grew on me every concert. I went crazy for the few older songs performed. Can’t wait for the DVD for a different point-of-view. Also, Hall 9 is wide. Being mostly in S seats which are more out on the side. Miku feels farther away. Which made me appreciate Hall 3 more, as you’re more centered towards the stage. Yet the energy is more intense due to the higher seating capacity.

Honestly, the biggest highlight of Mirai weekend is Tsunagarui Mirai offkai. Having the gathering of most passionate/committed Miku fans in the same room is something truly special. As well, seeing some well-known fans who are attending their first Mirai. Saturday was especially fun. As the DJ sets were fire, but unbeknownst to many. Itoh-san, Nishimura-san, and Asakura-san made a visit. Along with a well- known artist, whose name I can’t recall. One thing I completely forget, I got caught up in all the excitement. I wanted to meet @hamano

Coming back to the Sunday night concert. Which is always the best with the shear energy and the ending announcement. And what an announcement!!! I think I mentioned a few times of wishing Magical Mirai be at a different venue and that wish finally came true. Magical Mirai in Fukuoka. Joining Osaka and Tokyo. It was quite a surprise. I fell in love with Fukuoka after my visit for Thunderbolt and can’t wait to return.

Overall, it’s been probably the best Mirai experience yet. It's been 4 years since such a massive gathering of Miku fans. As many couldn’t make Snow Mirai or Thunderbolt. I’m happy everyone could make it to this event. And it’s only going to get better from here on out!!!

Thank you to Everyone!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)