• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Arsloid or Fukase? Only one will win in the end part 2!

Arsloid or Fukase?

• Arsloid

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Fukase

Votes: 22 81.5%

• Total voters

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
Last round, Kiyoteru won after being in a tie with Kaito (I still love you Kaito!!!) :kiyoterunatural_lili::kiyoteru_lili:
This time it is time for two red headed guys to go head-to-head! :sweetann_ani_lili:
Arsloid and Fukase
:arsloid_smile_lili::fukase_lili:
Both are V4 male Vocaloids with Fukase having something against Arsloid, an English voicebank.
As you vote, please let me know why you prefer one over the other. Do you own one or both of them?

Reactions: poser and Lenkomimi

___

Oct 8, 2019
I really like both of their voices, I even considered buying Arsloid at some point but decided against it because I would end up with two useless voicebanks in V5 which is my only Vocaloid editor. What a shame because he sounds so nice in V5.

Now, Fukase's license is a turn off for me. If I were to buy such expensive voicebank I would like to be able to do commercial stuff with it from the get go. But on the other hand, many of us are hobbyists who won't ever profit from our music so his license might not be that big of a deal, for me it is a turn off but I totally get why someone wouldn't mind. And his package offers two solid voicebanks in two different languages...which are both objectively good voicebnks. Unlike Arsloid who has one pretty good japanese voicebank and two other low quality vociebanks that are useless outside of XSY which is pretty overrated to begin with in my opinion.

So Fukase it is.

Reactions: GreenFantasy64

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Now, Fukase's license is a turn off for me. If I were to buy such expensive voicebank I would like to be able to do commercial stuff with it from the get go. But on the other hand, many of us are hobbyists who won't ever profit from our music so his license might not be that big of a deal, for me it is a turn off but I totally get why someone wouldn't mind. And his package offers two solid voicebanks in two different languages...which are both objectively good voicebnks. Unlike Arsloid who has one pretty good japanese voicebank and two other low quality vociebanks that are useless outside of XSY which is pretty overrated to begin with in my opinion.
I keep wavering between these two, I don't know what I'll do about it. I REALLY like Fukase's voice tuned low, he sounds so good, like this:

But then I remember the license and think "Crud, what if I become a rich and famous producer and have to go through the trouble of contacting a Japanese company?!" I have contacted several Japanese companies for various reasons over the last couple years, I HATE writing business emails in Japanese. It takes me a long time to write and to read legal agreements. Even though all the replies so far have been good/timely from various Vocaloid-related companies.

I guess I'm worried about HOW you send them the money each time you make something. Personally, I want to make my own original characters for Vocaloid songs, but even if you do that, you still have to pay Fukase's handlers for using his voice! But his voice is good/useful because of being bilingual.... orz

For his design, I sort of like it but sort of hate it. I like parts of it (the fact that he's spooky, I like black, white, and red), but then I hate parts of it a lot (I hate his stupid hat, I hate that weird little guy grabbing on to him, I hate his cane).

For Arsloid, I didn't really care about him. But Green (yes, you) keeps trying to wear me down and make me like him and it's working. I really like how Green tunes him and makes him speak English, he sounds mind blowingly good and I keep thinking "Whaaaat?! He has this hidden potential!?!" If I got him, using him wouldn't be a problem because I have V4.

For his design, I don't really care that much for idol groups/their outfits (especially not his red pants), but other than that he's fine.

I can't decide who to pick or what I would do with either if I got them. (Trying not to think about either because I have too many Vocaloids and not enough skill to make music for them yet.)
:ring_ani_lili:

___

Oct 8, 2019
I can't decide who to pick or what I would do with either if I got them. (Trying not to think about either because I have too many Vocaloids and not enough skill to make music for them yet.)
I think the best idea is to wait, especially if you don't know what you'd do with them. Once you're more experienced you'll perhaps have better idea which of the two would work the best for you. Who knows? Maybe your attention will shift to different vocaloid altogether because you found out their voicetype works better for the type of content you're/will be making.

Edit: btw I really like the song!

___

Oct 8, 2019
From what I've heard he's much better in V5 anyway- his XSY banks are probably the worst banks of V4 and thus aren't good for much.
V5 has improved sound quality. Many vocaloids already sound smoother there and I think Arsloid especially benefited from it from what I've heard.

His XSY voicebanks weight him down so much, it's such a shame :C I guess they rushed them out to make him stand out among other male vocaloids and male vbs don't sell very well as female vbs to begin with.

GreenFantasy64

Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
Just popping in really quick, but will reply to your posts guys later. :kyo_lili:

I'm actually surprise, but I knew I shouldn't have been in the first place of Fukase winning the lead right off the bat. I thought Arsloid would have a few votes on him at least. Poor Arsloid...:kaito_lili:

GreenFantasy64

Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
For Arsloid, I didn't really care about him. But Green (yes, you) keeps trying to wear me down and make me like him and it's working. I really like how Green tunes him and makes him speak English, he sounds mind blowingly good and I keep thinking "Whaaaat?! He has this hidden potential!?!" If I got him, using him wouldn't be a problem because I have V4.
I'm guilty as charged.... :kiyoteru_lili:

His XSY voicebanks weight him down so much, it's such a shame :C I guess they rushed them out to make him stand out among other male vocaloids and male vbs don't sell very well as female vbs to begin with.
I think Arsloid's two XSY voicebanks was supposed to be like Luka's E.V.E.C. (I think I read this from the Wiki, but I don't know if this is true, but Arsloid is the only one with this unique thing)
And I can't remember this well, but I think I remember someone in youtube with Arsloid said that his XSY voicebanks are better in V5, but for the life of me I can't remember who or which cover it was....:kaito_lili: I might have to ask Pigeon or someone that owns both to check it out for me....

Reactions: uncreepy and ___

GreenFantasy64

Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
A week late, but I forgot to post this here of Pigeon's reply:
ME: Quick question, sorry, but for Arsloid in V5 does his XSY voicebanks sound better? I can't remember where I read someone mentioning that. I thought it was from a youtube cover of Arsloid soft voicebank in V5.....but I can't recall what the cover was and it seems hard to find it again..
Pigeon's reply: they sound better and the work flow of v5 makes it easier to tune them into something decent!! But only as long as you continue to seperate parts properly as usual or the rendering gets too much
He was the second vocaloid I tried in v5 so I haven't done anything since the updates changed a lot
I assume they made it easier
:arsloid_smile_lili:

Wario94

Passionate Fan
Jan 5, 2019
For me I picked Fukase because to me, Fukase's voice sounds very interesting! But for Arsloid, well, it's more like a meh to me because I'm a Fukase listener moreso than an Arsloid listener.

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I voted for Fukase because I love english voicebanks and he has more interesting qualities than Arsloid imo. His design is endearing and his voice is nice, but my biggest qualm with him is his license. If I was a musician making money off of my content, I have so many other voice synths to choose from that don't require dealing with legal agreements and business emails and important information getting lost in translation between me and his company- so I'd probably never use him anyway.
Still, arsloid is so bland to me.

• Wow

Älfa Dröttning

Aspiring Fan
Sep 17, 2019
I vote Fukase mainly because I love how varied his voice can sound. Plus I really like using his soft vb and his English is really good too. I don’t really have anything against Arsloid; I just haven’t really listened to him too much.

Euri

New Fan
Jul 7, 2021
I voted Fukase because he's Fukase (-‿‿-). Jokes aside, he sounds so realistic and has an impressive voice range. Even though I have a love-hate relationship on his Eng vb, I still chose him because I am more of a Fuka listener than an Arsloid listener. I have never listened on Arsloid's songs.

GreenFantasy64

Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
Sad day when you see that Arsloid only has 3 votes, but I'll continue to love him anyway. :kokone_lili::arsloid_smile_lili::midorizakikasumi_lili::akasakiminato_lili:
Also thank you guys for still voting in this thread and commenting of your thoughts/answers. :kaito_ani_lili:

Cerāgi <º•

Passionate Fan
Dec 5, 2019
Italy
I have to break the mold and vote for Arsloid:kyo_lili:. I like both their voices tbh, but I really really am fond of all the energy and brightness Arsloid’s voice radiates, I find it to be something very peculiar which definitely makes him stand out! (Also, listening to “Star Mate” always manages to cheer me up ^^).
I’ve also listened to some of Ars Magna’s albums and loved them, thus I’m a bit biased considering how he sounds so similar to Keiichi 😇.

• Love

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)