• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Other CFM takes measures to prevent COVID-19 infections

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Yeah, they haven't outright postponed the whole tour yet, just the Coachella part. It can go either way, but it's very much possible the whole NA tour will be moved to around October. A concert tour is a big logistical endeavour, so it might make sense to have the whole tour at around the same time, opposed to handling the tour as originally planned and then come back to the US in October for Coachella. Postponing a whole tour is no small thing either though, you have to renegotiate with the venues etc. Time will tell, but the health and safety of fans is important, so we might see the whole NA tour getting moved.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
that's right, but with the virus spread in the US, the best decision could be to postpone the Expo as well :)
Yeah, they haven't outright postponed the whole tour yet, just the Coachella part. It can go either way, but it's very much possible the whole NA tour will be moved to around October. A concert tour is a big logistical endeavour, so it might make sense to have the whole tour at around the same time, opposed to handling the tour as originally planned and then come back to the US in October for Coachella. Postponing a whole tour is no small thing either though, you have to renegotiate with the venues etc. Time will tell, but the health and safety of fans is important, so we might see the whole NA tour getting moved.
Yeah, no argument with any of those points. I didn't realize Coachella was really part of the Expo tour, but regardless of naming, the key point is if the band/Miku are on the continent or not :).

I imagine the dates to which the tour might get moved would depend to some extent on availability for the venues involved. I know the one I'm going to has stuff scheduled out some way, so they need to get to some clear time that works amongst all the venues involved. That might involve going out a while to get to time that more places have open.

I guess there's really no way to know if even the venues/cities will remain the same?

100% behind the health/safety for both the fans and the band, though. I was just reminding myself of that this morning :) . Though NGL, it's going to be an effort to keep remembering that. :)

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Well it didn't take them long to decide the fate of Expo NA

I guess there's really no way to know if even the venues/cities will remain the same?
Depends a lot on the bookings venues have. I'll be surprised if all locations &the order stays the same. Some cities could even be dropped if worst comes to worst and they can't secure a venue in some location.

• Sad
Reactions: MagicalMiku

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
another event cancelled :cry:

I would like to note that this event in particular has been cancelled for the second time, the first time was last autumn when there was a big typhoon in Japan..
the positive thing is, a part of the video performance will be sold online, as well as official goods:

In addition, following the cancellation of this performance, we will be distributing a part of the program as a paid live video so that fans can see "Ningyo Joruri and Hatsune Miku Competition" on March 29 (distribution time undecided) on the performance date. Has been decided. At the same time, we plan to mail order the original goods of "BUNRAKU beyond", which became a vision. Details will be announced on the website (SAP Corporation | 株式会社エス・エー・ピー) in the near future.

Reactions: hamano

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Well it didn't take them long to decide the fate of Expo NA

Depends a lot on the bookings venues have. I'll be surprised if all locations &the order stays the same. Some cities could even be dropped if worst comes to worst and they can't secure a venue in some location.
I'm actually really grateful for how quick their decision was. It was really considerate of them not to make us worry for too long.

I'm also super grateful they're rescheduling and not cancelling.

I'd also like to thank @MagicalMiku, @JGV, and @hamano for sharing the info on Coachella/the potential Expo postponement over the last few days. At least getting the info a few days in advance made it easier to cope with the actual announcement.

Oh well, nothing to do but keep that stiff upper lip and do my best to adjust to the rescheduled tour locations.

Last edited:

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Japan seems to have got away with covid-19 surprisingly lightly so far, but the containment period (ban on large gatherings like concerts etc.) ordered by the government is ending soon, additionally the hanami season is beginning and people will start gathering for cherry blossom viewing. So now's the time when things either go back to normal or the virus will strike heavier and restrictions will continue.

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
Japan seems to have got away with covid-19 surprisingly lightly so far, but the containment period (ban on large gatherings like concerts etc.) ordered by the government is ending soon, additionally the hanami season is beginning and people will start gathering for cherry blossom viewing. So now's the time when things either go back to normal or the virus will strike heavier and restrictions will continue.

My country is only properly entering a lockdown period - knowing how my government prioritises the economy over its people, they might try to get things back to normal around or after Easter, but their current projection is still saying 12 weeks of containment (so no normality until June). But knowing my countrymen, they'll be trying to go back to work and school earlier than that.

I think we're still gonna get Covid spikes once the global containment periods are over. At worst, we might see local and regional restrictions for any small outbreaks, especially since a vaccine won't be around for another year to 18 months. But constant worldwide disruption is unsustainable, especially with how globalised everything is now.

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Well, it's now official that the Tokyo Olympics have been postponed to 2021. This will most likely mean that Magical Mirai 2021 will be affected and probably organized the same way as this year (Osaka in around August and Tokyo around the end of the year). Very unfortunate. I personally prefer the turn of August and September to be the best time to visit Mirai, and Tokyo is the better option of the two locations. We'll see, but I was hoping Mirai would be back to normal next year.

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
it wasn't just possible to do them this year, and on the positive side, they have decided for summer 2021: I've heard that on the draft there was the idea of holding them this autumn (October-November), and that could have caused a cancellation of Magical Mirai 2020 in Tokyo.. let's just hope everything will be good from now on :)

another thing, the agreement is to hold them "in about a year", not really on the exact dates of 2020:

that means, they could decide to hold them even on May or June, and that decision could make sense given all the heat problems of a summer event :)

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
that means, they could decide to hold them even on May or June, and that decision could make sense given all the heat problems of a summer event :)
It would actually make sense to host Olympics in spring when it's not yet too hot. (In that case there wouldn't be interference with Magical Mirai possibly, but that is something we'll have to wait and see).

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo

from what I've heard, Tokyo government is also considering a lockdown of shops, restaurants and some offices/companies in case the situation won't get better in 3 weeks.
I think main problem are the early/late commuter trains, always very crowded, probably Tokyo will adopt same company policies of Sapporo (that is not in state of emergency anymore thankfully), with employees able to start working earlier or later than usual :)

edit: more details of the press conference:

Last edited:
Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
from what I've heard, Tokyo government is also considering a lockdown of shops, restaurants and some offices/companies in case the situation won't get better in 3 weeks.
I think main problem are the early/late commuter trains, always very crowded, probably Tokyo will adopt same company policies of Sapporo (that is not in state of emergency anymore thankfully), with employees able to start working earlier or later than usual :)
To be fair, Japan has done a good job of levelling the curve of Covid infections compared to some other countries (and especially the UK, speaking as a Brit - we're still on a trajectory to be as bad as Italy in two weeks' time, even though we're now under lockdown measures). But Tokyo is infamous for being a cramped place to live and travel through, so I'm not surprised if local lockdowns keep happening there for a while. (I expect the same thing to happen in cities like London once our outbreak is under control).

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
official statement about Miku Symphony 2020 in Tokyo :miku_winter_lili: :miku_winter_lili: :miku_lili: :miku_lili:

初音ミクシンフォニー2020サントリーホール公演は、現時点では開催予定でございます。ただし、今後、政府や関係機関等の発表や対応方針を注視しながら、状況に応じて公演の実施に関する判断を行ってまいります。 最新の情報につきましては当公式HPやオフィシャルtwitterなどにて随時お知らせ致します。

The Hatsune Miku Symphony 2020 Suntory Hall Performance is currently scheduled to be held. However, in the future, while monitoring the announcements and response policies of the government and related organizations, etc., we will make decisions regarding the performance of the performance according to the situation.
We will keep you updated on our official website and official twitter.

Last edited:
Reactions: uncreepy

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Oof, bye bye normal Mirai schedule it seems. If Osaka is in August next year I may have to do Osaka only, unless the flights cost a fortune. I'd just like to have the two locations within a short time so I could attend both, well, maybe in 2022...

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
I think there is still a possibility Magical Mirai 2021 could happen in summer both in Tokyo and Osaka, but only for example if they decide to hold the event in Tokyo in mid-late September (like Magical Mirai 2014), when there won't be any more Para-Olympics events ^^

Reactions: hamano

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)