• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Other Crypton Services Temporarily Unavailable for European Users

Some Crypton websites are currently unavailable for EU residents. As it seems, they have not adapted to the new EU General Data Protection Regulation which defines the usage of EU residents data and is valid since May 25th of 2018.
The websites of other Japanese VOCALOID companies, such as AHS and INTERNET, seem not to be affected.

Unavailable web services:
piapro(ピアプロ)
クリプトン・フューチャー・メディア(株)|Sound the future.
www.sonicwire.com

Some of their web services are still available for EU residents, such as the English VOCALOID registration website.

You cannot access your Piapro and Sonicwire accounts nor receive emails from these services until they have sorted things out. If you still wish to do, you have to use a foreign proxy server or other tricks.

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
I'm from the UK, and the listed unavailable services are all down for me. The English message just says Crypton is trying to sort it out.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
So does anyone still want to fool themselves and believe that Crypton care about Europe? It took us until 2018 to even get Miku Expo.

Reactions: violethaze

Cluemily

cherish chika
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 25, 2018
www.youtube.com
Man I'm feeling the same. I was super excited to go to Miku Expo but with the delayed ticket sales (setting aside it took until 2018 to get an actual tour) plus their lack of preparation for this law that was announced long ago (leaving them plenty of time to prepare) it's really kinda makes things feel really unprepared and I'm honestly unsure about buying Miku Expo tickets in case the date changes or something, or if by the time they do announce it's going to be a chore to even get down to London since the sleeper trains can fill up fast if you don't book far enough ahead of time.

AHS and Internet Co.'s sites are both still available to access and purchase from, for example, so at least some companies were planning ahead for this. I kinda appreciate them sorting this out ahead of time and not inconveniencing anyone who might've wanted to purchase one of their products around this time.

YunīC

Stan Yuezheng Longya
Apr 8, 2018
I noticed this before on piapro and I dislike this because I will have to use a vpn now since I might need piapro soon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)