• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Do Vocaloid Characters actually eat Food?

Vergeilen2

New Fan
Dec 1, 2020
I know, they are a Tool and made for Singing.
But what if there should be a short movie about them, like the Cryptonloids.
Androids don't eat Food.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
That's probably a headcannon question. It would end up being down to your own personal opinion/how you imagine the synth characters behaving or how their technological underpinnings work. For instance, Commander Data of Start Trek: the Next Generation was fully capable of eating or drinking if he chose, but it didn't serve anything other than a social function for him, unless he was consuming a particular kind of lubricant that was beneficial for his internal workings. So it's basically up to you :) .

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
In the early days of the fandom, character items (anyone else remember them?) tended to be based on food and drinks. So Miku had a leek/spring onion, Kaito had ice cream, Meiko had alcohol, etc. Depending on the fan, sometimes they would address the idea of how androids would function in human society, if they depicted Vocaloids as androids to begin with. Most of the time, fans would just portray them as normal humans so they wouldn't have to think too deeply about stuff like this. :tongue:

Krin

UTAU is my religion!!!
Feb 28, 2019
I always pictured/headcannoned vocal-synth characters as actual living people, so yeah I'd say they eat? Plus what Blue of Mind said, I liked how the Vocaloids had items/food tied to them (are they official or just something fanmade that stuck with the character?) and I think it makes the characters seem a little more human-like. It probably just depends on the person though because I know there's a lot that think of Vocaloids as androids.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)