• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Favorite Vocaloid Editor Version

Favorite Vocaloid Editor Version

• Vocaloid1

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Vocaloid2

• Vocaloid3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vocaloid4

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Vocaloid4.5

• Vocaloid5

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Piapro Studio (for Vocaloid)

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
Sep 21, 2019
I personally can't decide between V2, Piapro, and V5~ V5 has lots of neat features, but Piapro has my favorite UI. As for V2, there's just something I like about it! I like the tone the V2 and V5 editors give the vocals!

Reactions: Twillby

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I've only used 4 so I guess I have to pick it lol. But after so many years with it I'm so comfortable and used to it, and I'm very much a creature of habit, so I doubt that i'd ever prefer another editor to it even if i found it objectively better. it's just my bread and butter.

Sep 21, 2019
But after so many years with it I'm so comfortable and used to it, and I'm very much a creature of habit, so I doubt that i'd ever prefer another editor to it even if i found it objectively better. it's just my bread and butter.
Honest to goodness that’s me but with UTAU—I’ve used other editors and find the likes of SynthV 2 to be objectively better but UTAU is my bread and butter so I will always prefer it regardless of how much better another editor is, plus I’m just more comfortable with it. :teto_lili:

Sep 21, 2019
V5, all the way. I haven't been this productive and had this much fun in Vocaloid since I first got my hands on V4 back in 2018. The possibilities are endless!
I've only used Vocaloid5 a small bit, buuuuut I am in love with all the features in there. I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm having a lot of fun doing it. (I love the ornamentation stuff you can add--I haven't found the right song to use any of them, but I know I love them!)
Also, the presets are a lot of fun and really make a world of difference!! Like, damn Yamaha, can you teach me how to compress and EQ like you? XD

• Love
Reactions: peaches2217

Ronny777

VOCALOID5 Tuner
Dec 10, 2020
Canada
soundcloud.com
I have a soft spot for the 4th because it was my first Vocaloid program and I'm glad I had it before Vocaloid5 came out. I have the Cubase Version for mac. But I have to say V5 is my go to. I am tempted to open V4 and see if my tuning style would sound the same on it.:unsure:

KizelFox

Gotta love Spanishloids
Sep 30, 2020
Vet school (help me)
As someone who only started using Vocaloid after V4 went out of production, V5 is (almost) all I've ever known. Besides the ease of adjusting the parameter curves, I do like the convenience of being able to do some basic mixing in the editor itself. It's basic, but for now it's all I need, really.

Vetis

Resident SeeU Enthusiast
Dec 31, 2020
I have used V4, but the first editor I bought myself was V5. I feel that they both have their own advantages and disadvantages, but I am most familiar working in V5 and find that it has more pros than cons when compared to V4. If only V5 had Job Plugins, then I could declare it the absolute winner for me.

Piapro is a good editor, but I do wish there was a standalone version outside of the DAW, like Miku Chinese/NT have. Great for when you're seeking a V4-esque experience in 2021, with V4 being almost impossible to find for a decent price these days!

• Love
Reactions: Vepar and Twillby

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
i own V1, V2, V4 and V5- started with V4 though and while i do like many aspects of how V4 feels (it feels faster and snappier in terms of making actions for everything but tuning) i could live on just V5 tbh and quite like it. it has some great changes imo, with the parameters like air and the growl effects. with some of the updates regardingrender time its even better than before tbh. the "short cuts" for tuning and all that is fantastic and makes tuning so much quicker.

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
???, New York
I voted for Piapro. I have Piapro, V4, and V5, but I mostly use Piapro. I think part of it is familiarity since I’ve been using it since 2016, but it’s definitely easier to use while working on a cover in reaper I’ve found. Especially if I’m trying to use Utau as well.(Standalone programs frustrate me sometimes. I know V5 has a vst version. I just haven’t used it yet)

(I forgot to post when I voted before)

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Used all of them bar 4.5. V4 is superior for actually working in, V2 is best for V2 voicebanks and V5 has the best output. If I actually used VOCALOID I'd probably tune in V4 and render in V5. If V5 had job plugins and XSY support it would probably win out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)