General Discussion Thread

Move->Forward

🔹🔷🔹🔷🔹
Mar 25, 2018
For anything non-specific or for general discussion about something related to Vocaloid or another voice synthesizer.

For heavy topics or discussion, a new thread should be created.

xuu

fly like a butterfly
Apr 8, 2018
England
It wouldn't surprise me if it's a new VOCALOID library. They haven't done anything since 2015 and I'd bet anything they've been working on stuff. As is tradition for Zero-G, it'll be announced now and released half a year later since the DB probably isn't even out of alpha. I hope it brings something interesting to the table!

Infoholic

Yu Sheng Developer
Staff member
Mar 26, 2018
Well why would they tease a bunch of vocaloid stuff then post something like that? Doesn't make sense.

Reactions: xuu

xuu

fly like a butterfly
Apr 8, 2018
England
Well why would they tease a bunch of vocaloid stuff then post something like that? Doesn't make sense.
Exactly! Pretty sure they said on Amino it was a VOCALOID anyway, right? (I don't use it so I wouldn't be able to check)

Salt

New Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Hopefully it's sort of like a Sonika 2.0 (It's not a Sonika update but hopefully it's similar to Sonika)

xuu

fly like a butterfly
Apr 8, 2018
England
Since it's definitely not Miriam and unlikely to be new VOCALOID imho it's got a good chance of being Sonika V4 based on the teaser. It's exciting, ZG seem to finally be releasing an update to a VOCALOID! Wonder if they're re-using the samples or recording completely new...

First Sound Future

Aspiring Fan
Apr 8, 2018
I'm hoping it's a Vocaloid too. I'm thinking if it's a Vocaloid, it might be the rock vocal that was being worked on from 2015... But also, I don't want to get my hopes up too high. They were "teasing" it might be a Vocaloid last time too and it turns out it wasn't that at all. :/

Infoholic

Yu Sheng Developer
Staff member
Mar 26, 2018
Yeah, but it's so much teasing now it serves 0 sense;; Oh boy Zero-G we hope you don't get hopes up lol

xuu

fly like a butterfly
Apr 8, 2018
England
If it's not SONiKA it's definitely a new VOCALOID, whew. Wonder what type of voice they'll have.

Infoholic

Yu Sheng Developer
Staff member
Mar 26, 2018
It'd be nice to get a standard female voice, we have a lot of niche vocal types. Something common would probably pull new producers in.

xuu

fly like a butterfly
Apr 8, 2018
England
I'd really like a good quality and poppy feminine voice that isn't overly nasal or airy. Seems like most developers are missing a trick there, it's something that English VOCALOID lacks.

Reactions: TheStarPalace

Infoholic

Yu Sheng Developer
Staff member
Mar 26, 2018
Yeah most of our young vocals have been airy or nasally, especially with Daina being a falsetto. I love her, but it really limits her in some songs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)