• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

General Discussion Thread

partial

UTAU English advocate
Apr 9, 2018
Watch the Zero-G teaser just be for a sample pack or something. That would be a let down for sure.

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
It shows that for me too. Unless there was a glitch, it appears they have indeed changed the date. The timer is currently counting down to April 18, 16:00. It was previously counting down to April 25. Less long to wait!

Perhaps that was what this tweet was referencing. Curiouser and curiouser.

First Sound Future

Passionate Fan
Apr 8, 2018
I'm glad that it means we have less to wait now, I thought something was wrong with my web browser or so lol

Also I wanna add that even if this does turn out to be unrelated to Vocaloid, Zero-g still might release a Vocaloid this year or at least tease it. I'm guessing because they kinda hinted at it with this tweet.

And considering that tweet and how they put "Not just a sample pack" to one of the replies on the coming soon tweet (Here) I guess it's easy to be hopeful that it's a Vocaloid. :/

Tho what I'm wondering is what could this mean, I can't figure it out...

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
They added a YouTube video of the voice singing on the page with the lowered count down. I guess it really is some sample pack, cause all she's singing is stuff that sounds like "Ahh~" over and over. If it was a Vocaloid, we would've gotten actual words.

Edit: They probably lowered the timer cause they realized everyone was frenzied over a voice pack that wasn't going to be a Vocaloid, they probably didn't want us to get angry for waiting til the end of the month to find out. S:

Reactions: Elsa12TMNT

First Sound Future

Passionate Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Well there actually have been some Vocaloid demos that for example only featured "La" through the song but I'm doubting this is Vocaloid.

I'm dissapointed a bit, but only because they were hinting it to be a Vocaloid when it's not. I'm still hopeful they might tease a new Vocaloid this year, maybe even for a new engine.

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
That definitely doesn't sound like any Vocaloid engine I'm familiar with, but her voice is extremely pretty.

In fairness, I don't think Zero-G ever hinted at it being a Vocaloid. They never mentioned the software in their replies to the Coming Soon post. I hope people don't get upset due to over-hyping themselves.

They seem to have some Vocaloid related things in the works if this tweet is to be believed, but it was posted unconnected to Coming Soon gal.

Reactions: MoaHarbor

Cluemily

cherish chika
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 25, 2018
www.youtube.com
Man, this is kinda disappointing. It felt they were hinting at a VOCALOID since they mentioned it in some replies around the time they brought out this countdown (like here). I do love their Ethera stuff still, but dang I was hoping for a new VOCALOID after all this time.

First Sound Future

Passionate Fan
Apr 8, 2018
In the future, I think it would be better if they just say "no, it's not a Vocaloid" instead of having people get over-hyped about a potential Vocaloid that's not a Vocaloid at all. This is the second time this has happened... I hope there won't be a third time.

Maybe it's important to see how were their past Vocaloids presented. I personally think that from now on, if it's a picture of a real person, it's definitely not a Vocaloid because it seems that since Avanna, they are only making Vocaloids with drawn mascots. Maybe they will only announce new Vocaloids with a silhouette.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Zero-G vs overhyping Vocaloid fans into thinking they're finally releasing a new Vocaloid and then inevitably taking backlash for it...

Reactions: TheStarPalace

Unagi

Passionate Fan
Apr 9, 2018
California, U.S.A
People don't realize that it is difficult making a voice bank, especially for a company. It costs time as well as a lot of money (depending on who you get). But I am glad we're gonna get something.

Cluemily

cherish chika
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 25, 2018
www.youtube.com
It’s been about 3 years since DD hasn’t it? Even 3 years to just announce a coming soon doesn’t seem too rushed, though that’d depend on when a new project was started.

Reactions: YunīC

Unagi

Passionate Fan
Apr 9, 2018
California, U.S.A
It’s been about 3 years since DD hasn’t it? Even 3 years to just announce a coming soon doesn’t seem too rushed, though that’d depend on when a new project was started.
Didn't Square Enix announce the Final Fantasy VII remake and only just finish the opening cutscene? It happens sometimes with companies; they announce a new product whilst barely starting on it just to keep the hype train going. Ambition is good, but being too ambitious is a bad thing.

First Sound Future

Passionate Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Well, the rock Vocaloid was supposed to come out six months after October 2015. This was mentioned way back in October 2015 so I guess that gives a bit of a hint as to when did they start working on their latest project. Unless they for some reason stopped working on this rock Vocaloid and started working on something new in the last 2-3 years.

Here are the two emails where they mention a rock vocaloid: First (image is kind of blurry but it mentions that the next Vocaloid might come out on March "next year" which I think next year was 2016 then, but I'm not sure. I think the mentioned "American voice" are Dex and Daina) and second (mentions the rock Vocaloid will hopefully be released in 6 months or so, this was on October 2015).

Personally, I hope that maybe Zero-g saw potential in the V5 engine, or they just wanted for their new Vocaloid to be actually new to the next Vocaloid engine instead of being released late into the V4 lifespan. I'm pretty sure we will have V5 next year, that's why I hope this is the case and not that Zero-g stopped working on their rock vocaloid... I would hate if it ends up like Avanna's male counterpart. I guess I really just have high hopes for their rock vocaloid somehow. >_< I kinda wish we atleast knew what Zero-g is working on now, whether it's the rock Vocaloid or not, they have been silent about their next release for some time now...

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Ah, it's a shame about Zero-G. That teaser definitely doesn't sound like a Vocaloid, though the voice itself is really nice.

I hope they realize that if people ask if it's about Vocaloid and it's not Vocaloid, they should just cut that bud right there and clarify that it isn't -- people aren't going to buy their non-Vocaloid product if they were hoping for a while that it was a Vocaloid orz.

I do hope we see some actual Vocaloid news from them in the near future, though. They're all the English Vocaloid scene has left.

On a slightly unrelated topic, anyone have any theories about AHS' upcoming Vocaloid that isn't Akari? (it's mentioned at the end of this article)

Something they've been working on since all their V4 updates were completed... Zunko and Nana V4 both released in 2016, so it's been more than a year in development.

I'm personally hoping for an English vocal -- so far they only have Nana, and I remember people discussing a while back that AHS English is its own XSY group? As of now it's just for Nana's V3 and V4 Eng banks, but I'm very interested in seeing that group expand.

Infoholic

CEO of Chorical, LLC.
Mar 26, 2018
They did say they wanted to get more into English Vocaloid and many thought that one of the reasons they picked up Macne Nana was that they could sort of test drive English : oc

Reactions: Elsa12TMNT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)