• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

General Discussion Thread

Move->Forward

🔹🔷🔹🔷🔹
Mar 25, 2018
For anything non-specific or for general discussion about something related to Vocaloid or another voice synthesizer.

For heavy topics or discussion, a new thread should be created.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
It wouldn't surprise me if it's a new VOCALOID library. They haven't done anything since 2015 and I'd bet anything they've been working on stuff. As is tradition for Zero-G, it'll be announced now and released half a year later since the DB probably isn't even out of alpha. I hope it brings something interesting to the table!

Infoholic

CEO of Chorical, LLC.
Mar 26, 2018
Well why would they tease a bunch of vocaloid stuff then post something like that? Doesn't make sense.

Reactions: xuu

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Well why would they tease a bunch of vocaloid stuff then post something like that? Doesn't make sense.
Exactly! Pretty sure they said on Amino it was a VOCALOID anyway, right? (I don't use it so I wouldn't be able to check)

Salt

New Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Hopefully it's sort of like a Sonika 2.0 (It's not a Sonika update but hopefully it's similar to Sonika)

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Since it's definitely not Miriam and unlikely to be new VOCALOID imho it's got a good chance of being Sonika V4 based on the teaser. It's exciting, ZG seem to finally be releasing an update to a VOCALOID! Wonder if they're re-using the samples or recording completely new...

First Sound Future

Passionate Fan
Apr 8, 2018
I'm hoping it's a Vocaloid too. I'm thinking if it's a Vocaloid, it might be the rock vocal that was being worked on from 2015... But also, I don't want to get my hopes up too high. They were "teasing" it might be a Vocaloid last time too and it turns out it wasn't that at all. :/

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

Infoholic

CEO of Chorical, LLC.
Mar 26, 2018
Yeah, but it's so much teasing now it serves 0 sense;; Oh boy Zero-G we hope you don't get hopes up lol

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
If it's not SONiKA it's definitely a new VOCALOID, whew. Wonder what type of voice they'll have.

Infoholic

CEO of Chorical, LLC.
Mar 26, 2018
It'd be nice to get a standard female voice, we have a lot of niche vocal types. Something common would probably pull new producers in.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
I'd really like a good quality and poppy feminine voice that isn't overly nasal or airy. Seems like most developers are missing a trick there, it's something that English VOCALOID lacks.

Reactions: TheStarPalace

Infoholic

CEO of Chorical, LLC.
Mar 26, 2018
Yeah most of our young vocals have been airy or nasally, especially with Daina being a falsetto. I love her, but it really limits her in some songs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)