• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

General Project Diva Discussion

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
special live stream set for June 17 (20:00 JPT) :miku_lili::miku_lili:

details of the live program:

【番組概要】
■番組名:初音ミク Project DIVA MEGA39’s公式生放送 新情報解禁SP
■放送日:2020年6月17日(水)20:00~21:00
■出演者(敬称略):
ゲスト:藤田咲(「初音ミク」キャラクターボイス担当)
中島由貴(『プロジェクトセカイ カラフルステージ! feat. 初音ミク』日野森志歩役)
松並桂一(『初音ミク Project DIVA MEGA39’s』プロデューサー/ディレクター)
島浩晃(ネイロ株式会社『初音ミク Project DIVA MEGA39’s』ディレクター)
※新型コロナウイルス感染症拡大防止の観点から、一部出演者はリモートでの参加となります。

★番組の視聴はこちら
YouTube Live:Periscope:放送時間に行われる「初音ミク×セガ プロジェクト公式アカウント」からのツイートで視聴できます。

Rolo

Watch Levius and Stan Natalia Cromwell
Sep 16, 2019
The PS4 DLC has been announced on the live for July 2nd it will be 3000 yen. They showed off Alien Alien and Hibana with no toon shader. A second DLC pass was announced with some returning songs and two new songs bless your breath and bring it on (both 2DPV) it will release July 15th and will be 3900 yen they’re also giving out a free DLC which has like the wind, after burner, multiple future quartet and a T-shirt. I believe that’s all the important information

Last edited:

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Finally, the Future Tone DLC pack containing the 10 new songs from Mega39's and Catch The Wave module. Available July 2nd.

Here's a brief summary of what's new in Mega39's:

-7th DLC song pack out on July 16th (900 yen), includes Rin Rin Signal, Starduster, Koi wa Sensou, Bless Your Breath (Sega please let us have this in Future Tone too!), Anata no Utahime, StargazeR, Rosary Pale and Hatsune Miku White Eve module

-On July 16th, a Sega Pack will also be released for free. Includes three songs ( Tajuu Mirai no Quartet -Quartet Theme-, Like the Wind and After Burner II) and a special T-shirt design by Kei.

-Rettou Joutou will be available as a DLC in some future DLC pack (not decided yet)

-Season pass for DLC Season 2 (access to new future DLC packs) available starting July 16th

-Schedule for future DLC packs :
7th: July 16th
8th: Aug 20th
9th Aug 20th
10th Sep 17th
11th Sep 17th

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
excellent work to you all! :miku_ani_lili::miku_sakura_lili:

I'd also like to add that another DLC for PS4 is planned , but they'll give more info about it when they feel they are ready to share more info :miku_winter_lili:
(it should come out by end of the year (●'◡'●) )

Reactions: Rolo

Eviltreat16

Probably an Artist, Probably a Praying Mantis
Apr 8, 2018
I'm a simple woman: I see Bring It On in a Project Diva game and freak out. will hope it's in a future mainline game with a PV because I NEED

Glad they're adding more, especially since they're including some new songs even if they are PV's. Hopefully this Season Pass is cheap when it comes to America but will probably end up buying it because I actually enjoy the Switch version over PS4 since I can actually hit the 4 notes. rip tiny hands

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Reactions: Rolo

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
Yeah I don't know.
People who know me would confirm I am a big fan and do defend Sega a lot, but their current actions...
I already thought it was pretty shitty they released Mega Mix with only 100 songs and now they keep charging for old songs that costs them almost nothing to include. Now they release even more of those!
I am glad they bring the 10 new songs to PS4 but I definitely hoped for a better price. Or some sort of discount if you previously also got Mega Mix (which I did). But nope, 3000 Yen, quite a lot.
And just to tease people who wanna get new stuff, they are planning two new songs, which is nice but...only 2D PV? So assumingly it is just gonna be the original video? So in essence, they just have to create the gameplay charts, nothing else.

Yeah all of that together, I can't say I am amused.
I got Mega Mix because I thought it was nice having Miku on the go and hope it makes them enough money to finally make a brand new Miku game again. I also got the physical version of Future Tone. And the digital one.
So I think I have done my fair share of supporting them and hope Sega will finally make some worthwhile Miku content again...!

Rolo

Watch Levius and Stan Natalia Cromwell
Sep 16, 2019
I’m not going to say much because above said it best and I think at this point my feelings are pretty well known but even Japanese players are not happy with the DLC prices, the reselling of songs, and the direction of PV’s. Roki is still pre rendered even on the PS4 which disappointed many people and now it’s beginning to seem like every new song is just going to be a 2DPV. I can’t even justify paying almost $30 for 4-5 Miku songs and the rest being 2D. Sega really needs to pull it together otherwise I don’t see how this game will have a fan base in a few years.

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
Yeah starting to feel that Crypton should partner with somebody else for new games, though I know that is difficult especially considering that, as far as I understand, a specific team of Sega is also in charge of some animations?
Then again, now Crypton has their own concert character model for Miku so maybe they could cut their ties with Sega going forward.
But if it makes them money, and knowing the Japanese philosophy of just "sticking to one thing" that only sounds like wishful thinking.

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
Yeah starting to feel that Crypton should partner with somebody else for new games, though I know that is difficult especially considering that, as far as I understand, a specific team of Sega is also in charge of some animations?
Then again, now Crypton has their own concert character model for Miku so maybe they could cut their ties with Sega going forward.
But if it makes them money, and knowing the Japanese philosophy of just "sticking to one thing" that only sounds like wishful thinking.
mm I understand everything, but let's clarify some things :miku_ani_lili:

- SEGA owns the rights of using Miku and the other Vocaloids in games, concerts, prizes goods, prizes figures, etc.. is like Nintendo that owns the rights of Pokemon
- yes, SEGA's sub company Marza Animation Planet takes care of all the animations of all the official concerts :) when I say take care, I mean everything, not only modules, but also motion capture, stage effects, concert organization
- SEGA is always the main sponsor for the official concerts
- it's thanks to SEGA main Project Diva games and first concerts (let's say before Magical Mirai) that Miku really became so popular (and the whole Vocaloid scene became a thing), I'll never say it enough, but all Vocaloid fans must be grateful for that. Crypton and other companies just couldn't do that all alone
- yes, Crypton now has an official model that can be used in concerts, but the development of that model wasn't made to cut ties with SEGA, it's the opposite actually :) the tech motion can be mixed with the motion capture tech of Marza Animation Planet, their goal is to simplify things more in the future, making both a concert PV or a game PV easier and with less time required :) with Kinect before and now VR tracking, some basic motion capture can be done, but advanced tech (which SEGA uses) is still needed for many more years for an accurate motion capture
- about the packet price, if I remember correctly, in the past (example Project DIVA F 2nd) every new song had a cost of 300 yen, same for new modules (some modules even costed 500 yen or more). so.. the price of 3.000yen for 10 songs is not bad when you think one song is 300 yen
- yes I know, 2D PV, I know. I've talked about it in the past, but let's say it again: songs license. the main cost of putting a song in Project DIVA is the song license fee, and for popular songs, that fee is very high.
- the top staff makes decisions such as setting the price, set the number of songs, etc.. and because it was the first Project DIVA to arrive on Switch, they didn't feel to put all the songs of Future Tone PS4. with PS4, they knew the user fan base was there, but with Switch, it was a "??". in fact, Project DIVA MEGA39's sold very well, but they still have to understand if the Switch user base is the same of PS4/PS vita, a mixed one, or a brand new user base
- lots of SEGA staff still is working from home, so it's just easier to release a DLC with 2D PV. That being said, they are listening to fans feedback and they can make more dance and story PVs in the future (●'◡'●)
- SEGA is also open to make games different from rhythm genre (●'◡'●)

Last edited:

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
I also wonder if they're planning to save some of the newer 2D songs for a future mainline title's 3D roster, like Senbonzakura and End of Solitude in the original Arcade.

The DLC packs back in first also cost about 3000 yen iirc, and while they had a few more songs the PVs were horrible and the songs were much less desirable as a group.

Also, in the case of Sand Planet specifically, I don't blame them for keeping the 2D PV because it's...really good. To the point where I think any 3D effort would have got complaints for being less cool than the 2D.

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
Also, in the case of Sand Planet specifically, I don't blame them for keeping the 2D PV because it's...really good. To the point where I think any 3D effort would have got complaints for being less cool than the 2D.
exactly (●'◡'●)
and all Magical Mirai and Snow Miku theme songs have wonderful original 2D PVs (❁´◡`❁) :miku_winter_lili: :miku_winter_lili:❤❤💕💕

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
I think it's cool to have a mixture of 2D and 3D PVs. Animated 2D PVs take a lot of work, and some are so visually appealing it'd be a shame not to have them in a game (Suna no Wakusei is a great example). In my mind songs would ideally have the original 2D PV and a game 3D PV you can choose between.

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)