• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Hatsune Miku × Kodo Special Live 2023 ~Musubi~

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com

Official website:

Date
June 3-4

Venue
NHK Hall, Tokyo

Ticket prices
SS 9500 yen
S 8500 yen
A 7500 yen
Ticket sales
Lottery reservation: Feb 21-27
Pre-reserve for PIA Card members only:
Feb 28 - Mar 6
Pre-reserve: Mar 7 -13
General sales: starting Apr 9

This is basically the 2020 concert that was cancelled/rescheduled to an undetermined time back then. Glad to see it wasn't forgotten.

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
I am so obsessed with the new song and the character design in the video. Everything is fantastically well done

• Love
Reactions: MagicalMiku

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I really like how the theme song is put together! I know basically nothing about the traditional genre, but based on the sound, it seems like the song was really meant to be in the original style, or at least the producer made their best effort to emulate it. To me, that's possibly the ideal way to integrate a vocal synth into a traditional genre--honor the original source while letting the vocal synth be an active participant to whatever extent is needed. After all, one of the hallmarks of vocal synths is their versatile ability to contribute to any genre. In Miku's case, that's part of what being the world's diva (as she's sometimes called) means.

Last edited:

Vector

Passionate Fan
Mar 6, 2022
I was fortunate to have seen a performance of DRUM TAU in the past. They're another taiko-centric group. I brought ear protection (I usually use ety plugs at concerts, which lower the sound level evenly across the spectrum instead of low-passing, so it just sounds quieter instead of muffled) and you still feel like the sound is punching you in the head and chest lol.

Adding Miku into the mix sounds awesome. It's great that this is a thing.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Agreed! I've only seen little bits of it, but it looked really awesome. I hope they consider streaming it again sometime!

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
The happi this year is really cute. I kind of want to buy it even though I can’t go to the show. Either way hopefully I can see a taiko performance during obon this year. I learned how to play in middle school but we never got to see professionals use the drums.

• Love

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
♪(^∇^*)!!

NEPPU
Sweet Devil
ヒバナ
太陽系デスコ
祭りだヘイカモン
どりーみんチュチュ
大江戸ジュリアナイト
ドルチェ
glow
僕が夢を捨てて大人になるまで
劣等上等
リモコン
いーあるふぁんくらぶ
ワールドイズマイン
グリーンナイトセレナーデ
Tell Your World

千本桜
Blessing
Hand in Hand

Last edited:

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
official goods line-up and photo report of the concert♪(´▽`)

the concert will be broadcasted on NHK channel:
【TV放送】
NHK BS4K 2023年7月22日(土)午後9時
NHK BSプレミアム 2023年8月5日(土)午後9時30分

Last edited:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Been meaning to post this for awhile, but I got a chance to see a video of this show. It was awesome!
  • Tons of new songs.
  • The re-instrumentation of "glow," featuring shinobue flute and koto, was really special. The song really took to its new style.
  • Cool stage effects covering the whole stage behind/around the performers, including behind what look like stairs that go to the stage's second level. There were also these neat lanterns having over the stage that changed color.
Most importantly:
  • There was so much integration between the virtual singers and the Kodo drummers. There were instances where each worked independently, but when they worked together, there was often a degree of synergy we haven't seen before. Miku stood literally right next to the Kodo drummers on either side of her at various points. During "Dreamin' Chuchu," three accompanying Kodo drummers followed the virtual singers as they ran back and forth across the stage. During the first Kodo vocal solo, Miku eventually joined in with the other Kodo members as sort of a backup vocalist. And during another non-vocal Kodo piece, she silently danced along with the other Kodo members.
  • A concert/CD/DJ setlist is really all about the flow of energy/feelings that it inspires in its listeners. This show had a really healthy energy that just kept on building. You could see it on everyone. The Kodo performers and band members were excited and really into it. The audience was so pumped, they kept pumping their penlights harder and harder and yelling or singing along; it wouldn't have been too surprising to see them jumping over each other's heads.
This show was really inspiring in what it hinted that a next-gen vocal synth concert might look like. I don't think there are plans to do further shows in the Miku x Kodo line at the moment, but I hope they consider it--it was really special!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)