• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Hatsune Miku at Coachella 2020

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Free advertisement, wow. But I can't believe they would lump us vocal synth otaku in with your average otaku, though.

We have to wait a few months for this story to develop as it gets closer to the actual event, how painful.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Also, Dazed, if you are reading this, I'm not leaving my "weeb" cave to go to Coachella. I literally only saw like 2 people saying they wanted to go. As in not me. I can't tear myself away from VocaVerse.

Why are people tearing down "World is Mine" on Twitter and stuff?! Are you people insane? 👀 That song is a bop that you can't help but bob your head to. I think it should be at Coachella, it would match all the big egos crammed into one venue.

Eviltreat16

Probably an Artist, Probably a Praying Mantis
Apr 8, 2018
TFW the niche forum you're in gets namedropped.... And Dazed is bold to assume I'd go to Coachella over Miku Expo... even if I can't go to Miku Expo because it's too far

But seriously, this is some wild 2020 Vocaloid-Piapro-Miku news. Miku at the superbowl when?

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I love that Dazed namedropped this forum because the active population of VocaVerse is admittedly pretty small. With forums being a dying format, VVN does pretty well for itself, but there's definitely bigger realms of the fandom they could have mentioned...
"And you bet the 15 regularly active users of Vocaverse are going to back our virtual queen." lmao
But I'm going to school for journalism/media studies and I know how weird it is to write about something out of your realm so I won't rip on them too hard.
Yay free shout out for VVN! :sonika_ani_lili:

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2019
Why are people tearing down "World is Mine" on Twitter and stuff?! Are you people insane? 👀 That song is a bop that you can't help but bob your head to. I think it should be at Coachella, it would match all the big egos crammed into one venue.
Well, I can't argue with that! Also, upon further consideration, I retract my statement about not playing World is Mine. They should play it because Ryo is great and so is his music!
(Maybe I'm just salty because of all my failed perfect attempts of in Pj Mirai, lol.)

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
I feel the same about World is Mine. I mean, it was/is really popular among fans in the west too and easily one of the most well-known hits.
Personal opinion -->please don't play the Anamanananananaguchi Miku song. There's a ton of better songs to choose from

And just for the record: There's no way I'd go to Coachella to see Miku. There's Magical Mirai and Miku Expo that are a way better choice to see her. Not to mention I wouldn't travel to the US anyways

The good thing about Miku being in Coachella is that she gets mainstream exposure. The less prejudice against fans of the "weird singing anime robots" the better. Maybe at least some "normies" will actually start to understand the creative culture that Miku is all about.

Last edited:

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
Thinking about it: I hope they bring Luka Megurine on as a guest. Crypton originally conceptualised her as an 'ambassador' to English speakers, and her design/voice is more inline with the tastes of Coachella goers. Although I understand that Miku is an icon and has to be the front runner, Luka feels like she would be natural fit too. (As natural as a hologram concert can be, of course.)

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Thinking about it: I hope they bring Luka Megurine on as a guest. Crypton originally conceptualised her as an 'ambassador' to English speakers, and her design/voice is more inline with the tastes of Coachella goers. Although I understand that Miku is an icon and has to be the front runner, Luka feels like she would be natural fit too. (As natural as a hologram concert can be, of course.)
Unfortunately, I feel like if any other Cryptonloid were to truly show up, their name would be on the advertisement banner. Maybe Miku will only be on a really small panel of glass (kind of like that collab in Russia) so it doesn't allow for other characters.

• Sad
Reactions: Leon

tokutokun

New Fan
Jan 3, 2020
I'm worried that Coachella is too far of a stretch for your average Miku fan if they're not already going to Coachella. Makes me sad to think there could be very low attendance to her concert.

If I ever set foot at Coachella it would be purely for Miku, but that's a $450 Miku ticket... Meanwhile, San Jose Miku Expo is happening just days before and is only $70.

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
Coachella will hopefully be a gateway- remember, Miku's performing on the same day as BIGBANG. Vocaloid and K-Pop communities have been increasingly friendly to eachother. Maybe we'll get some new faces!
That's part in due with people finding out that several BTS members used to be SeeU's back up dancers.

Getting back on topic. The presale for the second Coachella weekend is starting up tomorrow. Not even going to list the prices because if you have to ask, it's unlikely you're going to be able to afford it haha.

I'm hoping CFM will let Coachella live stream the set on youtube. It might be the only affordable way for most people to watch the performance. If they do i'm thinking it might be one of the most streamed sets from a non headliner.

Last edited:

vocalune

sore wa?
Jan 4, 2020
twitter.com
That's part in due with people finding out that several BTS members used to be SeeU's back up dancers.

Getting back on topic. The presale for the second Coachella weekend is starting up tomorrow. Not even going to list the prices because if you have to ask, it's unlikely you're going to be able to afford it haha.

I'm hoping CFM will let Coachella live stream the set on youtube. It might be the only affordable way for most people to watch the performance. If they do i'm thinking it might be one of the most streamed sets from a non headliner.
For real?! That's crazy, I never even knew that.But yeah, I hope it'll be livestreamed... though I think if *any* nonheadliner gets a livestream, it'll be Lana Del Rey. (RIP my 100 gecs/black midi dreams)

Reactions: peaches2217

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I feel like even if they reschedule Coachella, it's possible some of the artists who were going to attend originally can no longer go to the rescheduled time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)