• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Hatsune Miku Expo 2018 USA & Mexico

dubsteppin

It is your duty to be happy!
Apr 8, 2018
RVA
I recommend going to the back in standing venues.[/SPOILER]
Agreed. At least if you've been to a few shows before. Like for the 2016 show in NYC, I stayed up front for Anamanaguchi and then watched the rest of the show from the back. I was right behind the boards so it was neat to watch how they did everything from the mixer/cpus and then see it on the stage. Plus you get to see all of the crowd involved and it's just a neat sight to behold.

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
I fell asleep the moment I got home, but the concert last night was amazing!! It was my first Vocaloid concert (+ actual concert... ever), and honestly I wouldn't have it any other way.

The final song during the encore was something else (and ngl I teared up), and it was just a wonderful experience all around past the initial merch line confusion (they only let in like five people at a time at most and they stopped the line almost Right after we got in, which made me feel bad for everyone behind us orz. I know there was more opportunity to buy merch later, right before the concert, but still, we were in that line for two hours in the heat so it really must have sucked to have endured that and then... not even be able to go in when you expected).

I ended up having to bring my friend who isn't super into Vocaloid with me (he likes it but isn't a dedicated fan) so that I wouldn't be alone, and he had a great time too!! DC doesn't seem like it was a very popular location compared to all the others, but I really hope they come back here next time, I would absolutely love to go again.

Move->Forward

🔹🔷🔹🔷🔹
Mar 25, 2018
Would someone who went to DC be able to let me know which setlist was played?
Edit: Answered. Thanks!

Basically, assuming the setlist is the same as one of the previous ones, the only difference is one plays Ghost Rule, Double Lariat, and Kimagure Mercy while the other one plays Raspberry Monster, Just Be Friends, and Hibikase.
Which of these was performed?

Last edited:

khanadee

Engloid Fan
Apr 19, 2018
DC
DC was amazing!! I had a lot of fun! I hope they have another one sometime haha

We got Ghost Rule, Double Lariat and Kimagure Mercy!

Reactions: Move->Forward

tundras

Collection Curator
Apr 8, 2018
US
tundras.contactin.bio
Had a blast at both the Let's Paint event and concert! I think the only glaring downside was the 20 minute delay. Some personal favorite songs/moments were
Raspberry Monster, Ageage Again, Glow, Just Be Friends, Remote Control, Satisfaction, Hibikase, Decade, Miku. oh that's already like 1/3 of the setlist

Hope everyone in Mexico City has a great time!

Reactions: Faiyez

BLANAero

Watakushi, Aero de gozaimasu!
Apr 8, 2018
Montréal, Canada
As some of you might know, I make YouTube videos! Has been quite a while since I made one, but today I talk about the most important Miku news for this year as well as share some opinions on recent past live events.
Enjoy! :-)
HOLY HELL I DO ACTUALLY KNOW YOU DAAAAAMN I watched your project Diva videos wo

Ok so I went to New York
I almost died of heat, hunger and tiredness
I waited from 9:30 AM to 8 PM to be the closest possible
But in the end, it was 100% worth it.
Best day of my life, the song list was so INSANE I'm glad I didn't spoil myself, like frl?
Double Lover's Suicide in Oblivion? Doppu Rock? Sekai de? Miku Miku ni shite ageru? 3 duet Rin songs and 2 LUKA SOLO SONGS WHAT like LUKA LUKA NIGHT FEVER? juSt be frIends?
Raspberry monster (HOLY THE PINK SMOKE THAT BECOMeS RED HOOOOO), Melt, and the coolest start of a concert ever possible? like
I knew every song except 1(Through the night, an english song obviously). Like usually there's 4-5 for some reason but boom only 1 dude
At every song start I was NOOOOOO NOT THIS OOOOOONE HOLY HEEEEEEELLLL
And after that we went to Chipotle, my favorite restaurant (ok this may seem like nothing but I like eating ok don't judge me)

Last edited:

tundras

Collection Curator
Apr 8, 2018
US
tundras.contactin.bio
HOLY HELL I DO ACTUALLY KNOW YOU DAAAAAMN I watched your project Diva videos wo

Ok so I went to New York
I almost died of heat, hunger and tiredness
I waited from 9:30 AM to 8 PM to be the closest possible
But in the end, it was 100% worth it.
Best day of my life, the song list was so INSANE I'm glad I didn't spoil myself, like frl?
Double Lover's Suicide in Oblivion? Doppu Rock? Sekai de? Miku Miku ni shite ageru? 3 duet Rin songs and 2 LUKA SOLO SONGS WHAT like LUKA LUKA NIGHT FEVER? juSt be frIends?
Raspberry monster (HOLY THE PINK SMOKE THAT BECOMeS RED HOOOOO), Melt, and the coolest start of a concert ever possible? like
I knew every song except 1(Through the night, an english song obviously).
Like usually there's 4-5 for some reason but boom only 1 dude
At every song start I was NOOOOOO NOT THIS OOOOOONE HOLY HEEEEEEELLLL
And after that we went to Chipotle, my favorite restaurant (ok this may seem like nothing but I like eating ok don't judge me)

I'm glad you had an amazing time, but always remember to take care of yourself! Your health should be the most important.

Oh, it may be worth noting here that the general admission line literally wrapped around the block (I don't know how long blocks are in the city, but they do take a bit to walk). The VIP line only stretched from the right side of the entrance and wrapped around one corner or so.

Last edited:

Move->Forward

🔹🔷🔹🔷🔹
Mar 25, 2018
@BLANAero Could you put the songs in a spoiler, please?
Sounds like it was a blast!

If anyone that attends Mexico City's event could tell me the setlist (or at least what differences there may be), that'd be great!

Tainted

Multimedia Creative
Apr 14, 2018
Philippines

If anyone that attends Mexico City's event could tell me the setlist (or at least what differences there may be), that'd be great!

I'll be impressed if they sneak in a Spanish exclusive version of a song other than the last MikuExpo's Sharing the World theme.

BLANAero

Watakushi, Aero de gozaimasu!
Apr 8, 2018
Montréal, Canada
Oh yeah sorry I suck
Yeah I can confirm what tundras said, but for the VIP: It went all the way to the corner, and then they put new fences on the other side of the sidewalk and they lined up there , when the VIP went in the general admission pals that arrived filled the VIP line. So it was literally all around the block

Tainted

Multimedia Creative
Apr 14, 2018
Philippines
Seeing some backlash in the Miku FB page from Mexican VIP holders
they are getting a postcard set instead of the towel and fan.

Faiyez

Notorious Heretic
Apr 16, 2018
Costa Rica
myanimelist.net
VIP bag and merch were a joke. Mexican fans at vip front with me hoping to score a happi. I felt so bad.

Anamaguchi's song was ditched in favor of Sharing the World (Spanish lyrics version).

idoltrash69

リンちゃんなう!
Miku Expo Mexico was amazing! I had the night of my life. Even though I was also hoping for the towel instead of the postcards, it rarely matters compared to how much fun I had. So many great songs and so many feelings. Thank you Miku Expo!

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Which variant of the setlist was played? I believe New York had the second/San Jose setlist, so is it safe to say Mexico had the first/LA setlist?

Another Miku Expo has come to a close. Now all thar remains isMiku Expo Europe, which has me very curious about their setlist.

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
They played the LA setlist, with one change: "Miku" by Anamanaguchi was replaced with "Sharing the World" (Spanish version)
Ooh, nice. That was probably really fun!

Though a part of me wishes they could've given Mexico two concerts at least to show both setlists...I mean, that seems reasonable to me at least. Maybe next time they come back, that'll be the case, just to give those fans a fair experience too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)