• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

HATSUNE MIKU EXPO 2021 Online

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Heh, well, using both hands is the reason. More light and movement = more support you show to the performers. It makes you look more dedicated. It's said that having only one penlight is usually a sign of a newbie (Like my first concert. I just bought one penlight at the venue, I didn't feel like I needed two identical penlights back then).

Now of course it's up to you how many penlights you bring, there' no obligation to have two in order to be 'cool', but people tend to go for two when they become seasoned. What I always do at Magical Mirais for example is buy one penlight from the respective year and bring one from the previous year.

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
I suppose so, and I also bring multiple...
Though me, as a "plushie lover", prefer holding one glow stick in one and another plushie in the other hand^^ (Vocaloid plushie of course)

CdrSonan

Passionate Fan
Sep 12, 2019
I heard the main reason for bringing two penlights is that you can make two different colors at once, for when there's multiple VOcaloids on stage

Ronny777

VOCALOID5 Tuner
Dec 10, 2020
Canada
soundcloud.com
As someone thats never seen one in person or held a light pen, I honestly thought you needed 2 because you're supposed to hit them together to the beat of the song as well as wave them around.

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
As someone thats never seen one in person or held a light pen, I honestly thought you needed 2 because you're supposed to hit them together to the beat of the song as well as wave them around.
Haha that is funny. But well I guess how would you know?
Yeah, I'd recommend not doing that xd If you do it very lightly, it won't be audible anyway and if you do it...proper? You'll break them xd

• Haha
Reactions: Ronny777

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
I don't even know how many reminders they've posted already, but apparently everyone who backed the project still haven't responded to the survey needed for the rewards

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
For anyone who hasn't responded to the backer survey yet, you should be able to do so by logging into Kickstarter and looking at your Messages (almost positive it was Messages, rather than Activity)--one of them will link to a Google form, I think, where you fill the info in about your address, name you want used, etc.

sketchesofpayne

Listening to Hatsune Miku since 2007
Jan 21, 2021
www.youtube.com
I've seen lots of Kickstarter wrap-up videos that end with the people saying that they still have 100+ items still waiting for backers to send them their mailing address so they can ship them out. People seem to throw money at stuff and then forget all about it.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Concert dates/times announced!

If I'm reading the info at the link they shared correctly, they'll be running a different Digital Stars event before each show, too (Looks like Digital Stars starts at the listed times?), as well as a virtual Let's Paint event and the online Miku World Gallery roughly from the end of May/early June through the end of the month! I think this is gonna be a blast!

Last edited:

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Th times are not the most convenient for Europe (for EET they're 4:00, 11:00 and 15:00). But at least it's Sunday so I'll most likely be at home for one live stream. I probably won't be waking up at 4 on a Sunday though.

Reactions: mobius017

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I totally feel the time thing. There've been a number of events recently that I couldn't get to because they were during the day. For me, that's one of the things that I'm thrilled about in this announcement--two of the times fall semi-late in the evening or in the wee hours of the morning, when I don't have other stuff I have to do. Ideally, I'd like to attend both--live 'em both up and then feel like crap on Sunday, but use the crappy feeling as just a reminder of the fun that was...:happy:.

Now, whether or not my body will support that is another question... :happy:.

Reactions: CdrSonan

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018

Also, if I'm understanding this correctly, for anyone who is a premium Nico Nico subscriber, they're going to show Much Expo 2014 in New York on the eve of (?) Expo 2021 Online.

Last edited:
Reactions: WyndReed

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
cool, an artist from my state is on there!

also i saw the giant dot in the middle of america and was like "wow what state has that many miku fans???" and it was just for america in general i--- :rikka_lili: :koharurikka_lili:

Reactions: MagicalMiku

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Just a reminder: less than 24 hours until Miku Expo 2021 Online begins! Schedule/online venue info here; subevent info here. Available for free on Twitch and YouTube Live, but use Twitch if you want to see Digital Stars! Runs 3 times over the span of 15 hours, so hopefully there's a reasonably convenient time regardless of your time zone.

Last edited:
Reactions: CdrSonan and ---

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)