• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

How's life?

Twentycents

New Fan
Jun 24, 2018
Where are you guys from @Imoxident , @CallmeNerdy ? It seems that you have a lot more responsibility as as class president as we do in my country (france) ^^ I was actually elected as the class rep for the year that has just passed, and I don't feel like it has been stressful or anything. Well, I may be in a school were it is not taken that seriously among french schools but I feel like it's not that of an important role here.
Or maybe it is not the same role from one country to another ? (I'm pretty sure it is though. I've rapidly searched for information on wikipedia and it seems similar)

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Where are you guys from @Imoxident , @CallmeNerdy ? It seems that you have a lot more responsibility as as class president as we do in my country (france) ^^ I was actually elected as the class rep for the year that has just passed, and I don't feel like it has been stressful or anything. Well, I may be in a school were it is not taken that seriously among french schools but I feel like it's not that of an important role here.
Or maybe it is not the same role from one country to another ? (I'm pretty sure it is though. I've rapidly searched for information on wikipedia and it seems similar)
I'm from the USA

Mantis128

"Clock on the wall reads a quarter past midnight"
Apr 9, 2018
I GOT A JOB!
It's just a casual one at a cafe, but it's finally something.

Mika

crying over Rune Factory 6
Jul 5, 2018
Germany
This week was a blessing because I finally could do things I wanted to do again. Uni is so stressful right now that I started to shut myself in again. Leaving the house is still hard for me and it scares me. I love what I learn but it is just too much at once and there is so much expected from me, I cannot handle that. I only get enough money to pay my train ticket and now my boyfriend is going to study again too for 2 years and I know that he also will not have any time to work. I don't know what we are going to do without money. I tried everything I can, asked so many people for help but no matter what I do nothing works. Right now all that I want to do is sleep or draw..

CallmeNerdy

A Miku Nerd
Apr 17, 2018
Hogwarts
Sorry for the late reply. But being class president in my school is stressful more on because 1, you plan almost everything for your class, whether it be as complexas a choreography for a contest or as simple as decorating the classroom. And 2, you get a lot of hate for doing your job lol.

Twentycents

New Fan
Jun 24, 2018
Sorry for the late reply.
Don't mention it, everyone has its own business to take care of ;) Not to mention it took me a week to reply back here

being class president in my school is stressful more on because 1, you plan almost everything for your class, whether it be as complexas a choreography for a contest or as simple as decorating the classroom. And 2, you get a lot of hate for doing your job lol.
Ah I see, it makes you responsible for many events, etc...
In my class all that ever happened this year was maths and physics and no one cared (and no one had the time) to plan any events or so, so I guess it is not a very representative example. However I feel like it is the same as in middle-school and in high school : french class rep are only due to go to class councils every 3-4 months or so, and report their grades/teacher's comments to each student, and that's all.

By the way, what grade are you in ?

Sorry I'm very curious because I'm interested in how school works in other countries ^^ If you don't want to answer it's okay of course.

Reactions: CallmeNerdy

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Very disapointed right now!! I ordered some packages and it says they were delivered the 14th but I never got them. One site will refund me but the other one said "we're not responsible for lost packages" so they won't do anything and I'm so upset T_T Hard earned money gone down the drain! T__T

Pomelo

In 2D hell
Apr 8, 2018
On the bad side of things, I've been dealing with a few health problems lately. Kinda weird and discouraging since I've always been quite healthy besides my chronic headaches/migraines, but I guess this is what happens when you get old lol. :ring_ani_lili:

On the good side of things, I may be going to Japan with my sister next summer, so that's definitely something to look forward to! Seeing the Churaumi aquarium has been one of my dreams for a while now.

D

Discounted account

Life has been up and down. Be back to work some hours to go. Also go 4 days off next month.

BambooGarden101

現実逃避
Aug 10, 2018
La-La Land
I passed JLPT N2! :chika_ani_lili:

Also, I wish I hadn’t spent May and June worrying about what my first (and hopefully not last) summer in Japan was going to be like, because it turned out to be the best summer ever! I got to participate in a summer camp in Nara, introduce my hometown to the public (well, this was a bit of a flop but at least I got 5000 yen as a gift), see fireworks, visit Mount Fuji and even travel to Korea for 3 days. A massive contrast to last year’s summer!

I miss summer vacation... Now I have to devote most of my time to studying and it sucks :sleep:

Last edited:
Reactions: mobius017

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
I graduated from university last month with First Class Honours (that's the highest 'grade' you can get for a degree in the UK), and I'm about to start a Master's degree next Saturday. (They only offered a part-time schedule for the Master's, which is why I have Saturday classes now).

Reactions: mobius017

RabbitWhale39

Devout Mikuist
Apr 25, 2018
I passed JLPT N2! :chika_ani_lili:

Also, I wish I hadn’t spent May and June worrying about what my first (and hopefully not last) summer in Japan was going to be like, because it turned out to be the best summer ever! I got to participate in a summer camp in Nara, introduce my hometown to the public (well, this was a bit of a flop but at least I got 5000 yen as a gift), see fireworks, visit Mount Fuji and even travel to Korea for 3 days. A massive contrast to last year’s summer!

I miss summer vacation... Now I have to devote most of my time to studying and it sucks :sleep:
N2 wow! Utmost respect! Congrats!
I graduated from university last month with First Class Honours (that's the highest 'grade' you can get for a degree in the UK), and I'm about to start a Master's degree next Saturday. (They only offered a part-time schedule for the Master's, which is why I have Saturday classes now).
Congrats and good luck!!

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I’ve been really sick the last few days. Feeling mostly better now but thursday and Friday I didn’t even have the will to get up from bed. Now I’m just tryna fully heal while catching up with schoolwork and other things.

On the bright side, I’ve been very creatively inspired lately. Hopefully that helps me get back to myself faster

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)