• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Kiss (Genbu & Yamine Renri)

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Hey! I'm finishing up my latest Synth V cover. I figured I could use a few extra pairs of ears on this one, because I've been out of sorts and mine aren't cooperating with me.

How does the vocal mix sound on this? Does Genbu need to be turned up? I thought he sounded a bit quiet, but usually whenever I think something's quiet and turn it up it often ends up being too loud and standing out too much.

It's got a lot that still needs done to it (adding in a few spoken parts and breaths and the likes), but the vocal balance is what I need help with. Thank y'all!

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
No, it sounds really good so far! I think you've got the volume for Genbu/Renri set really nicely, with Genbu easily cutting through everything else without being too loud, and Renri being quieter/offering support.

Reactions: peaches2217

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Okay. How does this sound? The breaths sound weird because I haven't got them on their proper channel (I, for some reason, haven't imported Gakupo's or Kaito's breath WAVs, which I was going to use for Genbu, so I had to improvise), and the whisper sections need work, but the vocal mix is set. How does it sound?

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Alright. Minus the lack of breaths (which are very difficult to add with my son - who is a 12-pound cat - sitting on my dominant arm), this is about final. How does it sound? Any feedback?

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Not really anything in the way of critical feedback--it sounds really nice! I like the "harmonic" bits on some of the notes for the voices.

I guess I thought maybe the breath around 2:49-ish was maybe a little heavy? It sounded feminine, so I assume it might have come from Renri, but I thought it was too loud to match up with the volume of her voice for the rest of the song.

If it was intended to have come from Genbu, maybe the volume could be lowered, or it could be pitched down a little so it sounds more masculine (I feel like there are some tools that might do that--either something in Studio One (If you're using that; probably other DAWs would have similar stuff.), or maybe Melodyne, or if you could stretch the waveform somehow (Lower frequency = lower pitch.)? Or if you've got another male Vocaloid, that would be easier, too.).

Or maybe the breath is just kind of a generic breath that isn't associated with either singer, in which case, maybe it's fine.

Reactions: peaches2217

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)