• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Other lost/deleted vocaloid songs

riz_lady

Extreme Sonika Enjoyer
i was recommended here by a fellow ’forumer! i’m gonna spread my knowledge.
there’s this long lost song by masa that has the name of interface!
this was a song made by him when he went by the “ell” alias and was viewed by under five hundred people so kinda underrated. it’s been deleted and no trace of it since.
it was apparently about rin killing miku and i have a theory as to why. perhaps miku was a bully of sorts due to the school theme and her expression we have seen due to stills of the pv and even full fledged recordings that have been reuploaded.
any thoughts?
Oh yes, another member mentioned Interface before, I believe! I looked around a few months ago and I don't remember finding any leads, but I will probably go looking around on some foreign video websites, since that's where Yi x DM was found, and a lot of the times these things are still online, just under different names.

Reactions: ikaroll

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
This may not fit the thread since it's not exactly a Vocaloid song (not the Vocaloid version of it anyway), but the recent IA demo reminded me - there used to be a cover of the song Cloud Rider by IA's VP Lia, but the only upload of it (it was on Nico) was deleted.

The only trace of it I can find that's still up is this Soundcloud upload that just has the IA and Lia versions playing at the same time, which... doesn't exactly sound great. I wonder if the sole Lia cover can still be found somewhere?

• Wow
Reactions: bibbs and WyndReed

___

Oct 8, 2019
This may not fit the thread since it's not exactly a Vocaloid song (not the Vocaloid version of it anyway), but the recent IA demo reminded me - there used to be a cover of the song Cloud Rider by IA's VP Lia, but the only upload of it (it was on Nico) was deleted.

The only trace of it I can find that's still up is this Soundcloud upload that just has the IA and Lia versions playing at the same time, which... doesn't exactly sound great. I wonder if the sole Lia cover can still be found somewhere?
Could it be this?

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Could it be this?
Oh, I haven't seen that! Unfortunately not though, it was a cover using the original instrumental and video, not a live performance :( This is still interesting, though!

edit: Actually, it seems the soundcloud upload I linked in my other post uses this live performance? I can hear some of this live instrumental in that (which is probably why it sounds a little messy, haha). Though I'm positive still that the deleted Nico cover was the original instrumental; it was uploaded by 1st Place themselves.

Anonymous

میخوای بدونی ؟ بهتره سمتش نری
Mar 26, 2022
Ok so I've been obsessed with lost media for like a year now and I noticed that a lot of songs using older, less commercially successful Vocaloids have been deleted off the internet (like holy shit theres so many ones for SONiKA that are just gone). I've been pretty interested and finding these songs and uploading some to YouTube just to archive them (as long as reposts are allowed as stated on the Vocaloid wiki). Are there any that you guys remember?

no.2 TAKUTO 3:01

REDD

Aspiring Fan
May 19, 2020
idk if covers count all that much but there used to be a LOOOOOOOOOT more Leon covers and stuff on youtube in the early 2010s that are just GONE now
Apparently i heard that there used to be a user by the name of NoNeed4Cosplay that had a lot of Leon stuff on their acc but they deleted before i came back to the fandom in 2013

But that's just the tip of the iceberg, apparently.
I sometimes browse the backlogs on Niconico, and sometimes i like to look at the old Vocarankings to see what was popular at the time.
One time i found this:

Apparently this video is CHOCK FULL of old Engloid uploads that you can't find on the website anymore. And there's lots of other vocarankings like this on the site. (i reaallly wish i could see the full version of the video in the thumbnail T_T)

But thats NOTHING compared to this other thing i found....
Seeing as i am a crazy person who has the unfortunate circumstance of having a very obscure Vocaloid as their favourite, I occasionally scrape the bottom of the barrel do advanced Google searches to find any content i've never seen before. And one day a long time ago i found a V1-era Vocaloid forum (endorsed by Zero-G no doubt!), that looked a little defunct at the time. (i think this was around 2014 or 2015 i first stumbled upon this site) Sadly, this website is now officially dead. vocaloid-user.net - This website is for sale! - vocaloid user Resources and Information. (Clicking this link just takes you to a domain placeholder thingy i dont know what its called)

But at one time, a few years ago, you could view the old forums and hear old people from 2004-05 hilariously trash-talk Leon and other V1s (i remember there was an April Fools thread someone made that said that Disney was going to decide to use either Leon or Lola as Donald Duck's new voice, this place was just as entertaining to read as it sounds)

But why is this old, defunct forum related to the thread discussion, you ask? Well...
One day i was curious to see what the website looked like back in the mid 2000s, so I put it through the Wayback Machine, and well,
Capture.PNG
316 files. 315.20 GIGABYTES WORTH OF CONTENT. ALL OF IT FROM THE PRE-MIKU ERA.

This screenshot was taken from the June 17th, 2007 capture of the website, which you can view here.
This was taken a little over a week before Sweet Ann came out. And seeing this is an English-based website, that means that this is over 315.20 gigabytes of almost EXCLUSIVELY LEON, LOLA, AND MIRIAM CONTENT.

But alas, alas.....

When you click on one of the links for one of these song files you either get an Access Denied error, (you would've needed to login to access that part of the site) or a "Got an HTTP 302 response at crawl time" error on Wayback Machine's end (the same happens if you happen to get on the actual song page, and try to click Download Now, unfortunately)
So close, and yet, so far.......:kaito_lili:

Im honestly baffled that there was that many people on the website uploading SO MUCH CONTENT for the V1s and yet.... all of it is gone now. This was before YouTube got really popular and was used by everybody, so bear in mind that most old creative content what was made on the Internet at the time was scattered all over various websites just like this one, and much like this website, a lot of it is nowhere to be found anymore.
There could've been a whole minor scene for the V1s that we'll just never know about because it got lost to time.
And you better believe it bugs me. :))))))))))))

So basically, yeah. If there's any possible way of getting at least SOME of this content back, i'd love to know. So yeah. That's all i gotta say for now.

bibbs

large and in charge
May 12, 2022
the usa

i had no idea lia did a cover of cloud rider, i got a lot of nostalgia for this song. i found the same version pipp petals found on bilibili but no luck on the one you're talking about. i've been lurking around for the past hour to try and find this version. i didn't find it yet, but i found an ia cevio self cover that only has 1k views on nico from last year. i'm on a goddamn mission to find this lia version.

Reactions: Oringe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)