• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Luka V4X- Assassin Princess (English)

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Taking on a Mitchie M song is brave! I applaud you for that!

The singing comes in about a beat before the music does; if timing is something you struggle with, don't hesitate to message me, and I can look it over to help you out! How long did you spend working on this? You tend to upload covers really quickly. Being new to Vocaloid, I feel like you could benefit from spending a lot more time focusing on one cover and making it sound good, rather than just pumping out cover after cover after cover. If you rush to put things out, you're not really learning much, and I'm speaking from experience here. Practice is the best way to improve, so don't stop!

(Also, congrats on getting Luka! She's a tough one, and I admire you for jumping right in!)

Last edited:

vocaloidcreatornoob

Passionate Fan
May 13, 2020
Taking on a Mitchie M song is brave! I applaud you for that!

The singing comes in about a beat before the music does; if timing is something you struggle with, don't hesitate to message me, and I can look it over to help you out! How long did you spend working on this? You tend to upload covers really quickly. Being new to Vocaloid, I feel like you could benefit from spending a lot more time focusing on one cover and making it sound good, rather than just pumping out cover after cover after cover. If you rush to put things out, you're not really learning much, and I'm speaking from experience here. Practice is the best way to improve, so don't stop!

(Also, congrats on getting Luka! She's a tough one, and I admire you for jumping right in!)
I spent about 4 to 5 days on it.

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I admire how you do translyrics so much, I find them difficult and a pain, it impresses me how hard you work.
I think there are some points where you're trying to fit too much into a verse, so the lyrics become really rushed and jumbled (i.e. 0:43). Perhaps cutting down "Also assassinating is my business" (11 syllables) to something shorter like "Assassination is my business" (9 syllables) would give the lyrics more room so they'd be easier to understand.
I hope to see more covers of yours with Luka, it's always nice to see her getting some love ! :luka_lili:

Reactions: peaches2217

vocaloidcreatornoob

Passionate Fan
May 13, 2020
I admire how you do translyrics so much, I find them difficult and a pain, it impresses me how hard you work.
I think there are some points where you're trying to fit too much into a verse, so the lyrics become really rushed and jumbled (i.e. 0:43). Perhaps cutting down "Also assassinating is my business" (11 syllables) to something shorter like "Assassination is my business" (9 syllables) would give the lyrics more room so they'd be easier to understand.
I hope to see more covers of yours with Luka, it's always nice to see her getting some love ! :luka_lili:
Thanks. I also enjoy making covers for popular songs and making up my own lyrics and try to translate them as close as possible

Reactions: peaches2217

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Thanks. I also enjoy making covers for popular songs and making up my own lyrics and try to translate them as close as possible
A good thing to remember is that a lot of the time, when making a singable English translation, you have to sacrifice accuracy for artistic purposes. Think of it as showing your love and respect for the song by making your own spin on/interpretation of it! No one expects singable translations to be 100% faithful word-for-word to the original.

Reactions: vocaloidcreatornoob

vocaloidcreatornoob

Passionate Fan
May 13, 2020
A good thing to remember is that a lot of the time, when making a singable English translation, you have to sacrifice accuracy for artistic purposes. Think of it as showing your love and respect for the song by making your own spin on/interpretation of it! No one expects singable translations to be 100% faithful word-for-word to the original.
And with Japanese and English it’s hard. I’ve studied Japanese for over 8 years and can see that. When doing assassin princess, where Miku says just ‘assassin princess’ I had to change it slightly because of how the notes were put out in the vsqx.

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
First thing first, I don't own Luka, so I can't really help you out much on using Luka much better on her English. :ring_ani_lili:
Second I actually don't like this song
Luka is clipping, so I think that is the mixing problem

But I think you are just using pre-made vsqx and changing the notes to English instead of Japanese right? It's a bit tricky to get it right, but I like to do is first taking my time and splitting the notes after inputting the word. So like you put in Princess and it goes into 2 boxes when you have like six tiny boxes into the next new word (I think) I would memorize the phonemes, then have it like [ ph r I] [- n] [ s e] [-][- s]. Then I would further edit it until it goes smooth as I like it with changing some note phonemes or using the parameters.

And still, if some notes are hard to fit some lyrics you could just simply edit the lyrics a bit more. Like "however, before doing that..." you could have done it as "But before doing that"
"Also assassinating" to like "Assassinating [people?] is also my business (or jo~b to flow better?)
I don't know if that would help Luka sing more better and with more emotion, but she sounds more like she is talking and almost emotionless (in my opinion). Are you using the parameters on your covers?

vocaloidcreatornoob

Passionate Fan
May 13, 2020
First thing first, I don't own Luka, so I can't really help you out much on using Luka much better on her English. :ring_ani_lili:
Second I actually don't like this song
Luka is clipping, so I think that is the mixing problem

But I think you are just using pre-made vsqx and changing the notes to English instead of Japanese right? It's a bit tricky to get it right, but I like to do is first taking my time and splitting the notes after inputting the word. So like you put in Princess and it goes into 2 boxes when you have like six tiny boxes into the next new word (I think) I would memorize the phonemes, then have it like [ ph r I] [- n] [ s e] [-][- s]. Then I would further edit it until it goes smooth as I like it with changing some note phonemes or using the parameters.

And still, if some notes are hard to fit some lyrics you could just simply edit the lyrics a bit more. Like "however, before doing that..." you could have done it as "But before doing that"
"Also assassinating" to like "Assassinating [people?] is also my business (or jo~b to flow better?)
I don't know if that would help Luka sing more better and with more emotion, but she sounds more like she is talking and almost emotionless (in my opinion). Are you using the parameters on your covers?
Yes maybe I can edit them a bit better next time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)