• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Music Recommendations

Paradoxical

Linguistics Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 7, 2018
Canada
Looking for new music from a specific Vocaloid? Trying to find more songs from a specific genre? Or maybe you're just bored of what you have right now and are looking for anything new?

If any of those apply, this thread is the place for you. Let others know what you are looking for or give suggestions if you think you've found what someone else wants!

*If you are embedding multiple videos please keep them under a spoiler tag so as not to cause lag for other users.

Last edited:

Pomelo

In 2D hell
Apr 8, 2018
So glad you guys started up with this and the identify-a-song topic omg

Any notable songs this year/last year? I've mainly been listening to my own library for the last few years, so I'm really out of the loop

TheStarPalace

Hardcore Fan
Apr 8, 2018
So glad you guys started up with this and the identify-a-song topic omg

Any notable songs this year/last year? I've mainly been listening to my own library for the last few years, so I'm really out of the loop
What I remember is that Flower and Una got pretty popular, so there are quite a few songs with high view counts on NicoNico.
The most iconic song of 2017 (to me) was Fixer by nulut. nulut's other songs are pretty interesting if you can bear the tuning(I don't particularly like it.)

Neru changed up his style a little and has been posting lots of songs like Law-Evading Rock, Whatever whatever whatever, and Snobbism.

Maretu was pretty darn popular throughout all of 2017, because of his mixing of rock/heavy metal/dubstep/pop elements in song like I'm High and Darling.

Kurage-P got really popular in 2016, but kept churning out hits in 2017 like Hate it! Hate it! Huge Ego!, DANCE! VR DANCE!, and Trash and Trash! (yes all of their titles sound like they're yelling at you)

The ABCD Project ended this year, but finished off with some great Kaito originals. My personal favorites were ARIA, Plastic Flower, April, and The Clockwork Demon, but you can find the other ones by searching "abcd original kaito" on YouTube.

And I, uh, don't have the best memory so that's what I remember from the past 2 years.

SashaNoWakusei

New Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Oh dear, oh dear, I've got some for you.

Let's start with some western producers:

*CircusP and nostraightanswer collaborated on Patches, sung by Dex and Kaito (there's also a version where the producers sang and it's Good)
*Another by CircusP, which is my favorite from his album 715, 1/4 sung by Kaito (I apparently love Kaito). I quite like the melody and the lyrics.
*when Hurricane Irma was hitting hard, nostraightanswer wrote Suffocate sung by Daina. I love it

*still in the western producers, CrusherP released really recently a Japanese song with LUMi and It's. Beautiful. I sobbed a bit. It's called Itsu Made Mo and it's soothing and nice.
*GHOST-P released several songs but my two favorites are Two Of A Kind by Una (space-y, very different from GHOST's usual style, and so amazing), and Appetite of a People-Pleaser sung by flower, with an amazing clip??? Love it so much

*Less known western producers, strovi wrote Busy Signal with Gumi, instantly fell in love, and ElowTheProducer wrote I Disappear (still with Gumi, she's quite loved by western producers), very relatable since I ghost people all the time eheh

*Now with some very famous Japanese producers:

*Kenshi Yonezu (HachiP) came back with Sand Planet, literally where my name came (Suna No Wakusei). I love it so so so much, the clip is so good, Miku's design is beautiful (I cosplayed her because of how much I loved it) and it has a lot of old vocalosongs refs so it's nice
*Kanzaki Iori is a producer which style is quite inspired by amazarashii, musically and lyrically. I fell in love with Hated by Life Itself, sung by Miku (though her voice sounds like Yowane Haku) and the lyrics that I found beautiful.
*Haruno's style is lo-fi and it's so great. Their most famous song is Deep Coma, by Miku, and it's very nice. I love the tuning too, it fits the style perfectly (also the album is available on bandcamp, I instantly bought it)
*Jin wrote a new song, related to the Mekakucity series!! It's called Never Lost Words, and I love the instrumental and melody so much??? The bass is to die for.
*Thanks for Being Lifeless, by PinocchioP, is about how the producer is glad Miku exists and all. My favorite by PinocchioP

Bonus:
*Fokushi, a French producer who also covers songs as a Youtaite, made a Vocaloid cover on his original song, Seeds with Miku. I really love this producer, he makes beautiful songs about recovery and such, they're really beautiful. Seeds is not my favorite, but it's the only one with an actual Vocaloid so I shared this one (but listen to Akane and Wisteria, they're my personal favorites)

Pomelo

In 2D hell
Apr 8, 2018
Can you hmu with some good Fukase songs please? I was out of the fandom when he was released, but I actually do like his voice quite a bit (shocking for me, I know)

TheStarPalace

Hardcore Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Can you hmu with some good Fukase songs please? I was out of the fandom when he was released, but I actually do like his voice quite a bit (shocking for me, I know)
Of course!! Outside of his demos, Fight for Pride is definitely my favorite (R-16 warning on the video though)
When my World is Broken is good too.
AVTechNO's stuff with Fukase is pretty great, but most of it is album-exclusive. My favorite of theirs is NEL.

If you like English music, Expus is a good place to start for Fukase originals. Anthem is probably their best. AegisSan has a couple cute songs with Fukase, like The Best That You Can Be and Smell The Roses. Also if you want to hear some pretty good tuning, check out this cover.

That's enough to introduce you to Fukase originals I think!

Reactions: Pomelo

Pomelo

In 2D hell
Apr 8, 2018
Thanks for all the great suggestions so far! I especially liked Deep Coma, Seeds, and NEL.
Here's another one: how about your favourite cover(s) of RIP=RELEASE? It's my favourite Vocaloid song, but I've never found a cover that 'wows' me.

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
Thanks for all the great suggestions so far! I especially liked Deep Coma, Seeds, and NEL.
Here's another one: how about your favourite cover(s) of RIP=RELEASE? It's my favourite Vocaloid song, but I've never found a cover that 'wows' me.
My current favorite cover of RIP=RELEASE is done by Kaito where this user makes his voice nice and deep as if they were using Kaito v1 instead!
And if you want to hear it from Fukase instead:

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
So I mentioned this in a status, but those tend to get buried quickly.

I was considering arranging a medley with the following songs:
Hello Halley
Starduster
Meteor
Star (the one with SeeU)

Does anyone know any good English and/or spanish songs to round out the group? I'd prefer native vocaloids but obviously it isn't required.

Reactions: Paradoxical

Paradoxical

Linguistics Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 7, 2018
Canada
So I mentioned this in a status, but those tend to get buried quickly.

I was considering arranging a medley with the following songs:
Hello Halley
Starduster
Meteor
Star (the one with SeeU)

Does anyone know any good English and/or spanish songs to round out the group? I'd prefer native vocaloids but obviously it isn't required.
Is the goal for everything to be star themed?
If so, here's a small list of English originals.

Lonely Flight
Starlight Keeper
Starstruck (Technically a cover, but it's a self-cover by the original producers [I think])
Strange World (Has more moon imagery, but I figured that's close enough)
Galactic Trap
Ten Thousand Stars

anon0101

New Fan
May 6, 2018
This is a great chance chance for me to share some great songs by some great producers!

あえっP(AetsuP):
あえっP niconico acc
あえっP youtube acc

【初音ミク】ルル【アニソンカバー祭り】
【初音ミク】人工衛星【相対性理論カバー】
【初音ミク】気になるあの娘【相対性理論カバー】
【初音ミク】BATACO【相対性理論カバー】

Toa :
Toa niconico acc
Toa youtube acc

【公式】こいあい / とあ feat. 初音ミク - koi ai / toa feat. Hatsune Miku -
【公式】ドライドライフラワー / とあ feat. 初音ミク - DryDryFlower / toa feat. Hatsune Miku -
【公式】君ニ唄ヲ / とあ feat.初音ミク - kimi ni uta wo / toa feat.Hatsune Miku -
【公式】ミュージックミュージック / とあ feat. Fukase - Music Music / toa feat.Fukase -

Black Shock Box :
Black Shock Box youtube acc

[初音ミク] Ne?Ne?
[初音ミク] Mirror [Original]
[初音ミク]マジカルカーニバル [Original]
[UNI] もう,,,,世界最後の景色で

DoNotCrossP(Chie):
DoNotCrossP youtube acc

【Momone Momo ● Defoko】 Meteor Sighting 【UTAU Original】
【Miriam】Here【VOCALOID original】
【MIRIAM Anniversary】 Snowglobe City 【VOCALOID Original】
【PV】【UTAU russian original】 Возвращение (Comeback) 【Senne Ruri】

かめりあ(Camellia):
かめりあ niconico acc
This guy doesn't really focus on producing vocaloid music all that much, but here are some songs he used Miku in-- (they're great)

Camellia ft. 初音ミク - Fly to night, tonight
【初音ミクオリジナルMV】 ココロの質量 【Dubstep】
[Hatsune Miku] Meteor Shower [Original]
【初音ミク】君が死ぬのを眺めているよ【ミックンベースオリジナル】

Reactions: SpaceGhost152

TheStarPalace

Hardcore Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Hi sveryone, I have two new Vocaloid EPs you should totally check out!
primafae's EP, Human, is a collection of amazing synthwave songs. I have been blasting HIGH TIDES all night and I am not ashamed. The producer is also brand new.
HUMAN EP, by primafae ($4 USD)
Vocaloids on the album:
:gumi_lili::fukase_lili:, Cyber Diva

The I Disappear EP by South African producer Elow is pretty good. I liked Secret, I wasn't really feeling the other songs but some people here might like them.
I Disappear EP, by Elow ($6 USD)
Vocaloid on the album:
:gumi_lili:

Last edited:

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Anyone have any recommendations for lesser known songs by western producers? I listen to a lot of the western side of Vocaloid and I'm always looking for new producers to follow.

Reactions: TheStarPalace

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)