• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Music Recommendations

TheStarPalace

Hardcore Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Anyone have any recommendations for lesser known songs by western producers? I listen to a lot of the western side of Vocaloid and I'm always looking for new producers to follow.
Hi, I've been following a lot of new people lately so I might know some you'll like
Athena Z made her first song 1 year ago, and has only gotten better since then. I fell in love with her Cyber Diva usage, and I don't usually like Cyber Diva!
Favorite Song: Clockwork feat. :cyberdiva_lili:

Ferry has a decent-ish following already, but I gotta mention them. Their songs have a moody, dark feeling to them that doesn't quite come across as edgy, but more morbid and macabre. I especially love the swing elements in a few of their songs.
Favorite Song: The Miserable Story of My Destruction feat. :gumi_lili:

Uh...is Italy Western enough? Gigi Miu makes songs entirely in Italian, and they're all very calm and relaxing. Almost like songs to help you sleep.
Favorite Song: Amor Virtual feat. :lapis_lili:

I know I've gushed about Primafae on here already, but I can't help mentioning them again. They make primarily synthwave and 80s retro-wave music, something I've always wanted more Vocaloids to be used for!! While they're new and still have work to do on the mixing front imo, every one of their songs s l a p s.
Favorite Song: Human feat.:gumi_lili:

Moros is someone I've gained a new love for. I initially dismissed him as a GHOST clone, but he is so much more. While his songs have similar themes and PVs, the songs themselves are much more competently written and mixed. He's pretty good at tuning too!
Favorite Song: Malheur de Garcon a la Mode feat. Dex

Vocasy is another pretty new producer who mainly produces EDM, though his more recent songs have a more lo-fi, chill feel. He used Daina exclusively until recently, I would really recommend checking out his Gumi songs.
Favorite Song: All I Do feat.:daina_lili:

NIYMORIY has been around for a long time, but they could always use more views. Though they often use Japanese lyrics, many of their songs are English-only. Their songs are very trance-inspired with hints of drum and bass.
Favorite song: Your Eyes feat. :luka_lili:

Okay I've rambled for a while but if you follow any of these channels, follow Planet Brian. Many of his songs are alt-rock, but he's been branching out recently into a more 70s-80s funk/pop feel. Also he uses Cyber Songman so I immediately love him.
Favorite Song: A Girl Like You feat.:cybersongman_lili:and :gumi_lili:]

Last edited:
A BEAUTIFUL song sung by a favourite VOCALOID of mine (I don't see an AVANNA icon, RIP)
Favourite :mew_lili: song EVER. (Which is saying something because I love Mew.) Also, a favourite producer. Hidaomari is the 2012 CircusP of the Japanese/Spanish world.
I really feel like :bigal_lili: and Sweet Ann's voice here. It is a song that I NEVER get tired of.
Butterfly
First Gakupo song I heard, and immediately fell in love with him.
RE:SOUND
Miriam was once my favourite VOCALOID, thanks to this song. I still love her, and this song.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TheStarPalace

megalines

Miku's Fan
Jun 25, 2018
UK
i'm sorta new to vocaloid, so i'd love any suggestions on what to listen to! i like soft music, but i am looking for anything that is interesting!

ramencup

trashlord of the shadow realm
Apr 11, 2018
my room
been in the fandom for quite a long time but i'm finding kind of an overwhelming lack of what i usually listen to
is vocaloid symphonic/gothic metal a thing? maybe some good rock in general tbh
no language preference

BarkingPup

New Fan
Jul 20, 2018
Any recommendations for super happy songs? I may like the dark and rock and stuff but I also enjoy the upbeat stuff. Except a lot of it is squeaky. So anything like Miracle Paint? Or stuff from J-Rabbit (Korean indie band)?

lil_eggo

(screams eternally)
Apr 8, 2018
USA
i'm sorta new to vocaloid, so i'd love any suggestions on what to listen to! i like soft music, but i am looking for anything that is interesting!
hi! i know this is kinda late, but can i suggest u-skeP? they use a lot of hatsune miku's sweet append, which i love! innocent girl is one of my absolute favorites from them, also rain*sweet*umbrella! also, haruno's gotten kinda more popular? deep coma might be up your alley!

Gralydig

Just a chill dude, doing his thing.
Oct 8, 2018
Chicago
been in the fandom for quite a long time but i'm finding kind of an overwhelming lack of what i usually listen to
is vocaloid symphonic/gothic metal a thing? maybe some good rock in general tbh
no language preference
Hey, I know I’m extremely late to the party but I was bored and stumbled upon your comment. Now here’s my song recommendations when it comes to rock and voicaloid:

Bibuko Songs All Rock:

Solitary Hide And Seek:

Take It Easy:

Now most of these songs are well known so you might know all these suggestions but I don’t wanna clog up this reply. If you want more song recommendations that are similar to these genres just PM me. And tell me what you think about these recommendations.

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Vocaloid I want/own mixtape - YouTube

I made this playlist as a sort of demo track for the vocaloids i want to own. Take a listen, there's a variety of styles and probably a few songs you've never heard!
Ooh, those are all good songs. Some of my favorite Avanna songs in there too! And Bruno/Clara is nice, you don’t hear them much

I’ll thrown in this recommendation for any Porter Robinson/Sad Machine fan. It’s an Avanna original inspired by it, very good “spiritual successor” type of song imo

nightmare

SynthV Tuner
Apr 22, 2019
England
youtube.com
Producer of the song Damnation, Mwk, is releasing a new EP titled Redefinition. I recommend it to any fan of Miku's Dark voicebank, trance and drumstep music, and even the sound of electric guitar in Jun Kuroda's remix of the song. You can pre-order or buy the digital version on 28th April from Bandcamp!

On the other hand, Picon's So Long Goodbye with Miku Dark is a melancholic rock song with slow verses and powerful choruses.

For people who are into J-rock, KANON69 released a new addition to the Royal Scandal series, Phantom Pain. To be frank, I have grievances with the high key Luka was forced to sing in, to the point she is squeezing out those top notes. Fortunately, as always, luz's version was released alongside it, and it's glorious.

If looking for an even heavier sound, Utsu-P recently released Hyper Reality Show, with lyrics about a skeptical view on humanity. It 👏 slaps 👏.

Hitoshizuku, Yama△ and Suzunosuke are still absolute legends. Alice in N.Y. is groovy in every way (and has the best depiction of Gackpo, in my humble opinion).

For something just as groovy but calmer, there is TOKOTOKO's Runway no Fantasista. I'm really happy to hear Miku's voice used in a natural range; it's very pleasant to the ear.

Dios is back with a sequel to Cendrillon, Catastrophe. KAITO and Miku were tuned really well, and you can also listen to Pokota and Hanatan's cover.

I hope this helps people who were a little out of the loop and want to catch up.

Sep 21, 2019
Does anyone know any upbeat English songs? I tend to stay away from English music because the ones I find are typically dark and edgy, but maybe someone knows some ones that are more upbeat? Doesn't have to be three minutes of "omg I'm so happy sunshine and rainbows", but just something not sad/dark, etc.. ^^
(Bonus points if it uses Gumi English!)

___

Oct 8, 2019
Does anyone know any upbeat English songs? I tend to stay away from English music because the ones I find are typically dark and edgy, but maybe someone knows some ones that are more upbeat? Doesn't have to be three minutes of "omg I'm so happy sunshine and rainbows", but just something not sad/dark, etc.. ^^
I have some!

• Love
Reactions: Scarlet Illusion
Sep 21, 2019
I think I'll share a few recommendations!

If you like cute, fluffy, and adorable things then Ann-MeltsP's song Our go-to Alparka is sure to delight!

Deco*27's Heart a la Mode is a sweet, chill kind of song with almost kind of a country-ish(?) (or maybe, western?) flair (thanks to the harmonica that plays in the background). It has a unique style and is a lot different from Deco's more recent works. I highly recommend it!

A couple other calm, but upbeat songs I recommend are Iruka (Dolphin) Jet and Kujira (Whale) Rider by Oster Project! Dolphin Jet gives me "Summer Idol" type vibes and I love it! Whale Rider is also very cute and upbeat.

• Love
Reactions: ThatGirlMyra

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
If you haven't heard of Kira yet, they post a lot of music that has more upbeat lyrics, and he uses Gumi eng a lot. But since he's popular I'm sure you've probably heard of him and I'll move on to other recommendations!

I gave a little description about the lyrics so you can deem if it's what you're looking for or not, because some of them aren't black or white on whether or not they're upbeat.

This song is in JPN and ENG, really cute and fun song about Miku being a voice synth!

This is a funny song about binge watching, it's really catchy.

Quoting V3xman "A song about shallow relationships." While some lyrics might seem...sad? It's mostly just a love song. I wouldn't call it dark or edgy at all.

This one is bordering on dark and sad, but the chorus is about redemption and overcoming your weaknesses, so it does have an optimistic twist.

The song is about bunnies hopping. Very upbeat, very cute.

Cute love song.

This song doesn't have many lyrics, there's a few lines about travelling and looking for a place to land that's repeated throughout the song. It's really calming, I think.

A song about being a musician! Some of the lyrics at the beginning come across as less upbeat, but it builds up to a song about working hard and achieving your dreams (but in a cool rock song way)

Upbeat song about chasing after your visions and watching them come true.

Song about loving the city.

A love song. Featuring Miku, Luka, Rin, Gumi, Daina, Ruby, Sonika, Cyber Diva and Avanna.

Cute song about having a hard time writing a song and Miku being supportive.

Cute song about Miku sharing her music with the world.

Song about wanting to help cheer someone up and solve their problems.

Song about DoNotCrossP's miku expo experience!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Scarlet Illusion
Sep 21, 2019
Thanks so much for the recommendations!! I'll be sure to listen to them! I also appreciate the diversity in vocals here! I've never had the chance to check out anything with a lot of the singers you mentioned, so I'm quite excited to listen to these!

(Also, Bunny Hop is absolutely adorable! I love it!!)

Reactions: cafenurse

Aia

DDR-tist
Jul 14, 2019
The Internet™
Like Whatever by Circus-P
Games and Ridin with U by KIRA
A lot of the stuff I was gonna recommend cafenurse already beat me to them orz but you get the idea.

There's a lot of upbeat English originals out there, you just gotta look hard (most of it is kinda unknown so)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)