• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

my illustrations and MVs

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
Hey everyone! I recently started sharing my work online again, so I figured I might as well share it on the boards, too. I'll update this thread whenever I come up with something new. I'm not a professional artist, but I love creating art for fun and stress relief. I hope that even though my art doesn't have classical technical skill, you'll be able to find a little joy in the passion I put into it! Thank you for taking a look!

Producer
art_2_chair.png
twitter, mastodon
Extra progress images/shitposts: 1, 2

here and there
dateken fanart
art_3_acchikocchi.png
twitter, mastodon

mv test, unlisted vid
an experiment for school. (thanks akem for letting me use your cover!)

Last edited:

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
Oh shoot, I just realized there's a dedicated fanart subcategory orz. Sorry mods.

aru ii

Your Neighborhood Tianyi Enthusiast!
Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor
Hey everyone! I recently started sharing my work online again, so I figured I might as well share it on the boards, too. I'll update this thread whenever I come up with something new. I'm not a professional artist, but I love creating art for fun and stress relief. I hope that even though my art doesn't have classical technical skill, you'll be able to find a little joy in the passion I put into it! Thank you for taking a look!

Producer
View attachment 4995
twitter, mastodon

here and there
dateken fanart
View attachment 4996
twitter, mastodon

mv test, unlisted vid
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa why is this so good

riz_lady

Extreme Sonika Enjoyer

Producer
View attachment 4995
twitter, mastodon

here and there
dateken fanart
View attachment 4996
twitter, mastodon

mv test, unlisted vid
Oooh, I love how angular your style is!!

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
I basically haven't been able to make any art since coming to school, before today. Turns out, working toward an engineering degree is, well... a lot of work! But I have some free time today. I drew KAFU in an ice cream outfit.

I initially did not have much interest in KAFU, but somehow she's just grown on me so much, seemingly against all odds. I like the design, I like the music being made with her, I wish her voice was less high pitched but the way she sings is really cute. I like that she coexists with her voicer and doesn't overshadow her.

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
I'm loving the darker colors! In an odd way I feel like it suits Miku the best.
Thank you so much! I’m with you, I think it’s a fun take on a character that’s usually super vibrant. It’s good to have variety. Hatsune Miku is such a distinctive character design that high-contrast, monochromatic schemes can really put the shape language to good use.

209660C7-DD26-4EC5-918D-C21957AC6405.png
5AAFA948-265E-4E6F-8B8A-BF671E3FAD55.jpeg
I haven’t published this anywhere else yet but I’ve always been inspired by the work of Derek Riggs, the painter that created works of art for the bands Iron Maiden and Budgie, among others. Myself, my siblings, and some of my friends all want to play in a band together. We all have really different tastes in music but we all love music in a distinct way, so we want to cover lots of different kinds of songs.
Vocaloid culture is inherently associated with the internet’s “remix” culture so it made sense that a logo for such a group could be an offkilter take on Hatsune Miku, which is what I tried to capture.

It’s a faraway dream but we’re working hard so that when we can all play together, it’ll be fun.

TL;DR pico uses the prospect of a band that covers lots of music (including vocaloid songs) to exploit the opportunity to create punk miku art

Last edited:

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
9136597D-741E-4A84-8B8E-FB4D63EA64AE.png

upcoming project

I always thought this song was talking about the contrast of Miku and Chiyoko/Powapowa P in some way, given that it's the only Chiyoko song that is a duet between Miku and Rin rather than just Rin and references being "dyed in blue paint".

I think his Soutaiseiriron remix is also a Chiyoko song, but one where Miku is telling the story.

Reactions: FluoroLime

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
searchlight_wip.png
WIP for umi no searchlight. I don't have much time at all to draw, but I think I'm still improving slowly.

Reactions: aru ii

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
Your drawings always have so much dynamic and movement to them
Thank you so much! I'm always striving to move that direction when I have the energy to create and finish a piece. I find myself falling into the trap of drawing pretty similar static poses a lot so it means a lot to me that you can see this in the stuff I make!

In any case, I finished it!

searchlight.png
Twitter, Mastodon. (cowshi RT'd!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)