• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID New VOCALOID6 bank: Po-uta developed by YAMAHA & voiced by Porter Robinson

blackout

Passionate Fan
Apr 13, 2018
Porter Robinson’s history with Vocaloid coming full circle with him having his own V6 is so insanely cool to see. I kind of really love the voice itself as well, I dig the robot-y auto tune-y android-like feel they went with. It feels unique amongst the current synth lineup, honestly hope this bank becomes a success!

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Oh, I just adore that this happened at all. It's really lovely! And so nice to see a passionate VP. I think Po-uta is a fun name for the Japanese pun, and doesn't sound too bad in English if you treat it like Japanese rules ou = long o sound? Sorta? Almost like Porter but without the R. Or just, how you might say his name if you had a particular accent (British? Idk, I hesitate to say since I'm bad at placing accents).

I've been putting off buying V6, but this has me sorely tempted. I'm not actually mad at him being a purposefully robotic voice, and I've seen a few samples (form mixing gods, no doubt) that pulled off a pretty natural sound, too!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)