• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID New VOCALOID6 bank: Po-uta developed by YAMAHA & voiced by Porter Robinson

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
I cannot really put into words how crazy this is to me. I was 6th grade when I started listening to Porter Robinson and Madeon. They were the catalyst for my love of music and first explorations into creating my own music instead of just playing classical music out of obligation. It coincided with becoming excessively invested in the vocaloid scene too.

A lot of people felt mixed about the album Nurture, but I really enjoyed it.

I can't believe this appeared out of nowhere. Kid me is just very happy to see this, I think it's fitting, and I think it will probably get more english-speaking electronic music producers' eyes on VOCALOID 6.

The price feels a little high even though he isn't technically that much more expensive than AI MEGPOID, but I think it's breaking that 100 USD mark that makes it feel substantial. If I had a project in mind I think I would still go for it, just like gumi.

Makes me excited for the nana AI VB release.

Last edited:

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
Porter said in the video description that the bank's capable of realistic vocals but I guess Yamaha decided not to show that off for some reason? Maybe?? (I suppose you could argue it makes sense given the VP's style of music but)

Honestly I'm still processing the fact this bank exists an hour after finding out about it, it's almost trippy to me :teto_lili: I like the play on words in the name

Last edited:

MillyAqualine

Hardcore Fan
Apr 11, 2018
OMG this was very unexpected... I also didn't expect this kind of voice but it sounds nice

It's cool to see a vocaloproducer/voicer x VOCALOID bank project

The Chinese conversion sounds elegant (but yeah you can definitively hear he's made for people preferring the good ol' robotic sound) and the second demo is lovelier *_*

(inb4 the bandwagon of Daft Punk covers featuring Pouta //shot)

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
I'm surprised by how robotic he sounds, but I agree that it sounds intentional. It kinda sounds like a throwback to V1 and V2 banks, actually, including the choppiness.

This is still freaking me out because I was listening to Porter's Virtual Self side project the other day and wishing for new material for that. Instead, the music gods grant me a V6 with his voice lol.

___

Oct 8, 2019
I'm surprised by how robotic he sounds, but I agree that it sounds intentional. It kinda sounds like a throwback to V1 and V2 banks, actually, including the choppiness
Reminds me personally of Aisuu ( who's also somewhat robotic on purpose ) or when robotic-esque voice was considered for Kafu to separate her from Kaf. I think it works! I like it!

On his official website it specifically forbids the usage of Po-uta's name and image in conjunction with ...feminine hygiene?
Can't get on Tianyi's level, I suppose. :tianyi_ani_lili:

ik this is just a joke :LOL: but on that topic! apparently this is the reasoning, but I'm not from the US so *shrugs*

MillyAqualine

Hardcore Fan
Apr 11, 2018
Reminds me personally of Aisuu ( who's also somewhat robotic on purpose ) or when robotic-esque voice was considered for Kafu to separate her from Kaf. I think it works! I like it!

ik this is just a joke :LOL: but on that topic! apparently this is the reasoning, but I'm not from the US so *shrugs*
It always amazed me that
people (not only in the US, though they're really big about it) don't mind about jerking jokes and talking about male genitals or masculine problems all the time but feel grossed out by simply seeing a red drawing on feminine hygiene products

Didn't know in the gross corporal fluids there was a hierarchy about what could be seen as respectable //irony

Also yeah, now I'd be curious about an Aisuu x Pouta duet

TheStarPalace

Hardcore Fan
Apr 8, 2018

Tortoiseshel

Aspiring Fan
Aug 23, 2021
This is really cool, I just wish he had a better name. Po-uta is a great pun in Japanese, but in English- his primary intended language!- it sounds so weird on my tongue.

Also those character guidelines are pretty odd. Aside from the stuff already mentioned, it's both really broad and super vague. I understand the No Politics parts, but "social causes"? Would making a music video about like, respecting the environment fall under that? Seems excessive.

___

Oct 8, 2019
This is really cool, I just wish he had a better name. Po-uta is a great pun in Japanese, but in English- his primary intended language!- it sounds so weird on my tongue.

Also those character guidelines are pretty odd. Aside from the stuff already mentioned, it's both really broad and super vague. I understand the No Politics parts, but "social causes"? Would making a music video about like, respecting the environment fall under that? Seems excessive.
here's good tweet that talks about his license

basically, it's just the character/illustration license, the voicebank license is a free game, including song themes

from my personal observation the character license terms aren't even that out of the ordinary either, the feminine hygiene products are stand out and silly on the surface but that seems to have grounded explanation too.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)