• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID Pokemon feat. Hatsune Miku Project Voltage

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
the song and the video are so good, sooooooo good!! and it really fits with Eve style :miku_lili:
ohh I remember that..hehe but i'm super fan of sasakure ,from his classic songs to Future Eve of Magical Mirai 10th Anniversary (I'm forever grateful to him for the sweet memories), so the news of additional song made me so happy(●'◡'●)💕

(Fit Boxing is really well done and it gives some nice vibes, similar to Project Diva! if you can't wait, you can buy it also digitally from the nintendo e-shop✨)

Reactions: WyndReed and nene

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
Yeah, definitely still a good song, I like it better than the "usual" Eve songs.
Btw I updated my previous post slightly.

Haha not trying to be mean (just a matter of taste, I know I know!) but to me, Future Eve is the "worst" of all the Mirai songs and I wasn't too upset it's the only one I have never heard live (they replayed the ones I missed during Corona last year, except that one xd It's like they agree with me lol).
But yeah of course I appreciate any producer making Miku songs and I know he is an "original", has been there for so long, just not my style much. I am happy so many other people enjoy his stuff much more than me. I have enough producers I really really love anyway^^

I will wait, I am not paying twice, I just have to wait for Miku to help me exercice for two more days^^ (Off topic again, the songs made for the game are all super super good too!!)

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
I think it was fun to have some guesses during the countdown days, and reading the various twitter comments, I think nobody mentioned Eve, so that made it a bigger surprise, together also with sasakure new song announcement and CD album in production ^-^

I know I know! hehe especially sasakure style is not for everybody, I understand that.. but Future Eve is..❤
and about the 18 PokeMiku songs, they are so well done and I like so much that they've put so much variety in both the songs and videos, so much that they would fit so well in a concert or a game.. who knows..? hehe(^∀^●)ノシ

Reactions: WyndReed and nene

nene

OSTER project fan!!!
Oct 13, 2023
Eve did such a great job!!! It really felt like a song that captured the feel of the journey! Kind of like Yoasobi's Biri Biri!!! ♡

Editing, it didnt show pervious posts:
I think that the choice to pick a big mainstream producer makes sense for the finale?

A lot of the producers before this also were ones that do a lot of commerical work (deco, giga, mitchie, kagayama yuri, cosmo) & then some that just fit the 'vibe' like orangestar!

It's also a shame you didn't get the producer you wanted 💔😔 I don't know how active KZ is in the vocaloid scene currently (if I recall not very) so I think they also tried to pick more modern producers?

I don't know though. Maybe they'll do a round 2 someday. Rin/Len version!! (Kidding).

Last edited:
Reactions: WyndReed

nene

OSTER project fan!!!
Oct 13, 2023
I think it was fun to have some guesses during the countdown days, and reading the various twitter comments, I think nobody mentioned Eve, so that made it a bigger surprise, together also with sasakure new song announcement and CD album in production ^-^

I know I know! hehe especially sasakure style is not for everybody, I understand that.. but Future Eve is..❤
and about the 18 PokeMiku songs, they are so well done and I like so much that they've put so much variety in both the songs and videos, so much that they would fit so well in a concert or a game.. who knows..? hehe(^∀^●)ノシ
When they had the livestream I saw a lot of Eve.. but was confused where it came from! It was quite a shock to me!!! :O

I'm not sure what tipped people off...

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
:miku_lili::luka_lili::len_smile_lili::rin_smile_lIlI::kaito_smile_lili::meiko_lili:
(translated)
Pokémiku planning team interview]
・Looking back at the trajectory of Pokémon Miku
・Congratulations! Continuation of Pokemiku decided!
・Future developments such as additional songs/CD releases
・Passion for creation and a desire to connect to the “future”
・Weekly Famitsu (released March 21st) will feature the second Poke Miku feature!
edit: some interesting things from the interview:
We conducted our second interview regarding this project, which marks a break after releasing all 18 songs over a period of about six months. Looking back on Pokémiku and "creation" with the key person behind the project. We also directly discuss future developments, such as additional song by sasakure.UK and CD version of Poke Miku songs.

In addition, the second Poke Miku special feature will be published in the April 4, 2024 issue of Weekly Famitsu (released March 21, 2024)! [10 song interviews & comments] + [supporting illustrations & comments] released in 2024 that were not published in the previous Weekly Famitsu January 25, 2024 issue (released January 11, 2024) Introducing all at once. There is also a long interview with Eve, who composed the 18th song " Glorious Day ".
Takaki Matoba
Pokemon Co., Ltd.
“Pokemon feat. Hatsune Miku Project VOLTAGE 18 Types/Songs” planning and production leader

Wataru Sasaki
Crypton Future Media
The creator of Hatsune Miku. Involved in numerous projects such as "Hatsune Miku - Project DIVA", "Project Sekai Colorful Stage!" "feat. Hatsune Miku".

--The volume was truly overwhelming, including illustrations of 18 types of Hatsune Miku and her partner Pokemon, songs by 18 Vocaloid Ps, and support illustrations. It's amazing that all of this was packed into about six months.
Sasaki: As a planning team, I don't think we had envisioned everything concretely from the beginning. I think the first break was when we released the four songs up to PinocchioP. I wasn't 100% sure what was going to happen from there, so I was just looking at the reactions.

This was my first time doing a project where 18 songs were created around a single theme, and I think it was an amazing experience. What's more, each creator has a different view, so they are well balanced and do not overlap.

Matoba : Looking back, the number 18 fit perfectly. Speaking of Pokemon, it's one of the numbers, and when you look at it as a song production, it's not a small amount, but it's not too much. What other symbolic numbers do you think of Pokemon and Hatsune Miku? 01, 6, 8, 16, 39…151…1025? (lol). Well, the goal shouldn't be to make a large number.

Sasaki: I think Matoba would probably do it if time allowed (lol).

Matoba (lol): The more, the happier! I'm sure there are people who would say that, but if we make too much, it's too much work for both the creators and the listeners, Hatsune Miku, and the Pokemon. At the beginning of the project, the number 6 was considered because of the number of songs I had on hand, but I felt that 6 songs would not have been able to fully bring out the diverse charm of Hatsune Miku, Vocaloid songs, and Pokemon. In the end, I think 18 was the best balance.

Matoba: Projects that develop music, illustrations, etc. in real time and with operational aspects are rare, especially in Pokemon, and I'm grateful that this project is being created together with the fans.

The easiest thing to understand is the timing of the song's release. There was a combination of luck that went into that decision.
--In the previous interview, you said that you kept your requests to a minimum in order to let the creators express their individuality to the fullest, and instead of asking them to create a song that suited the day they uploaded it, It means that they later chose the best date to release it.

Matoba: Yes. We decide on each song as a setlist, taking into account the balance between the songs before and after.

Sasaki: I think the creators also saw the songs and illustrations that were released in advance and felt the reaction and enthusiasm of the fans, which influenced their own creativity. Therefore, it naturally became rich in variety.

Matoba: creators are people with extremely high information gathering and empathy skills. That's why I am very sensitive to the reactions of my fans, the changes in trends within Pokémiku, and the changes in the feelings of the listeners, and I have created a work that precisely combines what is currently needed and my own strengths. I wonder if I can make it. I was truly moved by these many wonderful ideas.
--For Eve's 18th song, "Glorious Day," "18 types of Hatsune Miku and her partner Pokémon" appear in the music video. Was this also a result of "improvisation"?

Matoba: Yes. This is the luckiest “improvisation”. “18 Types of Hatsune Miku & Buddy Pokemon” started as a visual collaboration of design and illustrations to convey the diversity of Pokemon types, and each “ ``Pokemon feat. Hatsune Miku'' was an image from a different point. Although it is the same "Pokémiku", the region where it is based is slightly different.

There are various factors that led us to this future, but the biggest one is that the fans who have been following us since the beginning of the illustrations have continued to support the "Pokémiku" project. The 18 designs and illustrations and 18 songs and MVs have become vivid because of everyone's cheers and everyone's enjoyment of the unique "Pokémon feat. Hatsune Miku" created by a wide variety of creators, saying, "This is also Pokémon Miku." We were able to join together. Of course, I've been thinking about how I could somehow produce a moment where the 18-type Hatsune Miku and her Pokémon companions exist together with music. After all, there were 18 combinations created through music.

One of the factors was that Eve wanted the song to be an ``anthem for the Pokémon Miku project itself.'' After listening to the song demo, I asked for advice, and after many discussions with Eve's side, I decided to create Hatsune Miku as the culmination of the past six months, in order to make it the first moment when illustration and music, which have been running together, intersect, and the Pokémon will be appearing in full.

The theme that Eve chose was "Champion", which is the ultimate goal of the Pokemon story, and also conveyed the message that the adventure does not end there, but that the adventure continues.
Matoba: Right now, I feel like I've been on a trip. I want to look back and listen to the songs that bring back memories from those trips, and I want to talk about them with my travel companions. I also feel like I want to listen to the songs again in a different order and go on a journey.

I would be happy if everyone reading this could look back on their journey over the past six months and choose their favorite songs and illustrations.

Even if you can't narrow it down to just one, you might choose six based on nuances like, ``If I had to keep them...'' or I might think, ``This is the ace...'' and pay particular attention to the order in which they are arranged. If you're more of a Vocaloid listener than a Pokemon trainer, you'll be happy to have fun creating your own playlists like "Pokemiku ◯ Selection." The experience of creating works that we can talk about together with everyone is a precious treasure for us.
--I heard that you have decided to produce additional song following the 18th song. Was this development planned for a long time?

Matoba : As the name "Project VOLTAGE 18 Types/Song" suggests, it was a project consisting of 18 songs. There are various factors that changed this, but the voices of support we received from everyone have been huge.

--Sasakure.UK will be in charge of producing the additional song.

Matoba : I don't need to go out of my way to explain it, but speaking of game sounds, Vocaloid producer and Hatsune Miku, many people expected it to be the 18th song, but sasakure.UK has a lot to say about the adventures that all the creators have passed on so far, and how Eve and artist Rella have come to a conclusion, and their future. We are pleased to be able to take a new step together with you.

Last edited:

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
interesting things from the interview (part two for characters limit) :miku_ani_lili: :luka_lili::len_smile_lili::rin_smile_lIlI::kaito_smile_lili::meiko_ani_lili:
Takaki Matoba
Pokemon Co., Ltd.
“Pokemon feat. Hatsune Miku Project VOLTAGE 18 Types/Songs” planning and production leader

Wataru Sasaki
Crypton Future Media
The creator of Hatsune Miku. Involved in numerous projects such as "Hatsune Miku - Project DIVA", "Project Sekai Colorful Stage!" "feat. Hatsune Miku".
--Please tell us why you asked sasakure.UK.

Matoba : First of all , it was easy to imagine how well the sound would go with the Pokemon game sound . In addition, I thought it would be better to have a nuance of the possibilities that will expand in the future after the game is cleared, and after that, I decided to ask sasakure.UK. Of course, we informed sasakure.UK in advance that this is the 19th song.

――Have you decided when it will be released?

Matoba : At this point, I can't give you specifics yet. We will be sure to inform you on the official account, so please look forward to it! We are currently considering what will happen after that. We have just begun our next adventure, our next journey towards the future, so we hope that you will be patient with us.
--Please tell us about another new development that has been announced: the release of a CD.

Matoba: thank to everyone, we can now see a future in which we can deliver the "Poké Miku CD album". We kindly ask that you please wait for further announcements such as specific product details. Of course, it is a real product that you can hold in your hands.

We are truly grateful that we have received requests from many fans, and as a user myself, I understand the desire for something that will remain in a tangible form, so I will work with Crypton to create something that will satisfy them.
--There are also many people who are looking forward to the sales of goods. Is there anything decided?

Matoba: There are currently no plans, however, we are listening to everyone's voices, so we will continue to explore various possibilities.

Sasaki : When I first heard Matoba-san story, I thought it was an amazing story. In this day and age, companies are collaborating to create such early Hatsune Miku projects that are not commercial in nature, and they continue to do so. I'm happy, but I'm still surprised.

I can understand the feelings of those who feel that it's scary if it doesn't feel like a market-based business . I would appreciate it if you could actually enjoy the unusual and mysterious relationship between the planning team, creators, and fans surrounding the Pokémon and Hatsune Miku at this point in this project.
――In recent years, we have heard many voices from fans expressing their desire to support high-quality content. Of course, there is also the feeling of wanting the goods purely as a physical product.

Matoba: is a great thing. We can't make any promises, but we want to continue considering various things, not just merchandise, so it may be a few months, a year, two years, or even a few years away, but we'll do it!

Until then, I hope you can enjoy adventures with Pokemon you don't know yet, listen to Hatsune Miku's music you've never heard, and think of Pokemon Miku every now and then and talk about it. That small conversation may lead to an unexpected future... Well, I'll try my best to make that happen.
--From now on, I would like to focus on what the two of you felt through Pokémiku. First of all, how have you received the reaction from the fans?

Matoba: before releasing the Project to the world, I thought I would be happy if fans could express their impressions on social media, but even if they don't, I would be very grateful if fans could simply enjoy the work and project. It was a good feeling. Looking back, I am very grateful that there were more people than I imagined who saw the various possibilities in this project and enjoyed talking about it to the fullest.

--Sasaki-san, what do you think of that?

Sasaki : To be honest, at first I was a little nervous about working with Pokemon on this project. Hatsune Miku doesn't really have a clear central axis; the Miku that each creator draws and sings is Miku. I've been working with this myth-like stance for 16 years. On the other hand, although it originally existed in the electronic world of games, it has a magnificent world view that has accumulated over 28 years of history, and it is a collaboration with the existence of Pokemon, a mysterious creature that makes you feel the workings of life in a real way. I wonder if Miku can play the role expected of her.

--I had no idea that you felt so anxious.

Sasaki: yes, perhaps because Miku has so many songs, I don't think it's common for a lot of Miku fans to get together and talk about the same topic for months on end. However, this time, we saw many scenes where Pokemon fans and Miku fans came together and had fun talking about the one theme of Pokemon Miku. The scenery was new and moving to me.

Miku can also create projects and movements like this with Pokemon. Through Poké Miku, I was able to see a side of Miku that even I, who have been watching for 16 years, didn't know about. Seeing the fans enjoying themselves with such enthusiasm, I felt once again that I wanted to seriously consider the possibility of a collaborative project. The people who made me think that way are all the people who enjoyed Pokémon Miku. Please let me also say thank you.
--I'm really glad that you were able to get some good inspiration from it. I have high hopes for Hatsune Miku's future.

Sasaki: I think that because Matoba was my partner on this journey, I was able to enjoy it even though I was anxious. The experiences I gained and the scenery I saw through this project will last a lifetime for me.

Matoba: Ever since I approached him with the project, Sasaki-san has been seriously working on Pokemon, and I'm really happy that he's become very knowledgeable about them!
――In addition to seeing the reactions of fans on SNS, you must have also received reactions from within the company and those around you in real life.

Matoba: Yes, the production of additional song and CD album is not something that can be decided by me or anyone else alone. Expanding the possibilities of Pokemon is an important job for us, so we are asking Hatsune Miku, Crypton, and other creators to think about how much more interesting it can be if we develop it with music as the key. I am very happy that I was able to express myself with all of your help.

Sasaki :As for someone close to me, my nephew, who found out that I was doing this work, once appealed to me from an unexpected angle by saying, ``I like Piplup'' (lol). The internal reaction was, ``18 songs...are you serious?''

――Even for Crypton, 18 songs is a lot.

Sasaki : Yes, it's definitely not normal (lol). What's more, the creators are working on a common theme. Such projects are rare. In the first place, there aren't that many contents like Pokemon that have a view that is deep enough to withstand 18 song variations.
――Please let us know if you have any insights from this project that can be used in the future.

Sasaki: Since I started spending time with Pokémiku, I have naturally started to notice the Pokémon that fill my daily life. Once you become aware of it, you realize that there are Pokemon really everywhere in the city. When I look at it, I feel that the attractive way the Pokemon produced by the Pokemon Company are presented, and the sense of balance between the commercial and non-commercial aspects, is something to behold. It would be presumptuous to say that I learned a lot, but I think I learned a lot.

Matoba : I have learned countless things from you, especially about how to deal with creators and how to encourage them to freely and fundamentally create. Thank you for letting me know. We both enrich both the real world and the virtual world, and while we have similarities, we also have clear differences, which is why I think we learned a lot from each other both as individuals and as a company.

This time, by working with Hatsune Miku, Vocaloid P, and illustrators who have been weaving Vocaloid culture together with Crypton for 16 years, we were able to express things that we would never have been able to do on our own. I think we were able to bring out the charm of Pokemon even more.

--We saw many "unique Pokemon combinations" that you don't usually see.

Matoba: there are combinations that would never occur outside of Project VOLTAGE. Especially for the support illustrations, I was aiming for such a combination as much as possible.

By collaborating with Hatsune Miku and the virtual singers, we were able to create not only music, but also sound, dance, and a variety of other themes that have never been seen before. I think that all, including the Pokemon chosen by the Vocaloid P members, showed their individual charms on a fresh and different stage than usual.

Sasaki: this time, even if everyone watched the same work, each one had different impressions. By exchanging this information, we can both get a sense of enjoyment, get a better sense of the creative details, and come to love the work even more.

Matoba : We also feel that we are being helped by Sasaki-san and Crypton. In particular, their insight into music and their understanding of the unique sensibilities of Vocaloid culture are unparalleled to ours.
――After listening to the two of you, I realized once again that as a fan, I am happy and grateful that there are people on the planning side who are producing content with such passion.

Matoba: I think that each of the Pokemon and Hatsune Miku have their own things that fans love and cherish, and these are the great charms. There are countless people who love Pokémon and Hatsune Miku in a way that neither I nor Sasaki-san can match. I think it is natural that we will do our best to meet everyone feelings.

Sasaki: For those reading this interview, the Pokémon Company has people like Matoba-san who have a love and passion for content, and it is because they continued to give their all that they were able to complete the project called Pokémon Miku. I want you to know that.

Matoba: I'm truly humbled that Sasaki-san, who has been supporting Hatsune Miku for 16 years, can say so much..
--please give a message to all the fans who are looking forward to Pokemon Miku.

Sasaki: I think this project created an opportunity for Hatsune Miku fans and Pokemon fans to tell each other that they like what they like, saying things like ``This is cute'' and ``I like this song.' ' Matoba-san is taking the initiative and enjoying side by side with the fans.

Thank you very much for all of this. And I look forward to your continued support. Also, I would like to once again thank all the creators and the staff who were in charge of communicating and coordinating with the various parties involved. Thank you for your careful work.

Matoba: I'll keep repeating this, but my strongest feeling is to express my gratitude to the Pokémon, Hatsune Miku and the virtual singers, the creators, and all the fans.

I believe that all the planning staff and creators, including myself, are participating in this project with the desire to have fun together with everyone. I'm sure that when a piece of work was released, everyone involved was extremely excited. I can only be grateful to the fans for welcoming me so warmly and for the fact that everyone is enjoying it to the fullest.

I think it's truly amazing that we were able to produce additional song and a CD album because everyone really enjoyed it. While we express our gratitude, we will continue to work diligently to ensure that people continue to enjoy Pokémon Miku. I hope to brighten the future adventures and futures of as many people as possible.

Now, while you're waiting for additional song and CD album, I hope you'll enjoy the existing content to its fullest. Thank you so much for everything. We look forward to your continued support of the ever-expanding world of Pokémon Miku. When we meet again in the next adventure and the next future, let's raise the voltage as much as possible together!
GIOKDvxaQAAzaML2.jpg

Last edited:

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
Famitsu magazine is available with special PokeMiku of 34 pages, featuring:
-Vocaloid P interview for songs 9-18🎁
-Supporting illustrations posted✨
-Comments from over 30 creators⭐

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)