• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Pokemon General

Cluemily

cherish chika
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 25, 2018
www.youtube.com
I'm SO EXCITED for "Let's GO!" like it's so cute and I'm glad they're testing this possible style of gameplay with the first gen (plus some Alolan Pokemon). I got super hyped especially over the co-op and the fact the Pokemon following you is back again. I've really missed that little feature so it's great to see it again since I've been waiting on this since the move to 3D. It's been so long since I played FireRed so I'm hoping for some revamped Kanto themes and seeing some really cool stuff.

I've tried Pokemon Quest and I feel if you enjoyed things like Rumble it might be up your alley but it's a nice little simple game to play on and off. I'll probably play it for a bit now and then but I couldn't see myself religiously playing it.

Reactions: xuu and Pomelo

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Definitely lots of announxements for Pokemon standards.

Honestly, when I first saw the trailer for the Let's Go games, I kinda thought oh wow Pokemon Go for lazy people! Kinda really hoping it's not just that though, I want a decent story at least.

And real freaking hyped about a new main series game. Alwo kinda worried though, there's a higher chance of it on Switch and from other Switch releases, I worry it'll be too different from the base formula. I mean, Alola was different but still basically the same in a way. BUT that being said, if they DO go drastically different, I have very timy hope it'll be like two trainer paths (like how the anime has Ash and then female trainer that's never going for gyms)...though that's probably way too much. Other way too unlikely things I'd love to see is coming from a village where yku get a non-traditional starter (think Iris in BW), having champion time outside hall of fame, like cutscenes/battles/quests of your trainer as the champion for a bit doing speeches, fighting trainers, etc, and big, big one I wish could happen; a prehistoric gen. This comes from replaying BW and seeing that lore soecifically, but I'd love seeing all the prehistoric Pokemon and more plus more in depth stories behind Pokemon like Genesect or the BW legendaries

Actually plausable things that'd be cool: a starter that's not fire/fighting, walk with Pokemon like GSC and Yellow, (please) bring back some form of contests, less Kanto please, and maybe maybe a new region BW style where old Pokemon only show up in post game and we actually get a big gen (unlike XY and SM), gen 4 remakes

I just have A LOT going through my head with this. I'm happy with anything Game Freak and The Pokemon Company do though so I just can't contain the excitement! Really hope to see trailers of any kind for the main series game throughout the year....

Reactions: Pomelo

Pomelo

In 2D hell
Apr 8, 2018
@Kona A prehistoric Pokemon game would be AWESOME and something I didn't know I desperately wanted until just now. :stardust_lili:

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
A prehistoric region would be more likely to happen in a spinoff rather than a game. But different time period regions in general would be interesting. What about making the world-hopping mechanics shown in SM/USUM an important part of a core game? Like, you have to stop events in different time periods from changing due to villain interference? (Mind you, Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky did this before on a lower-key scale where you just go to the future and have to prevent things in you present.)

I can't say I'm impressed with the Let's Go games so far (more Kanto pandering, plus no wild Pokemon battles), but it's clearly aimed at people who played Pokemon Go and want something similar to that. I think I'll just wait till next year when the next core game should be revealed.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Was very taken aback by the sudden announcement but I'm also super hype now! I want to get a Switch ASAP so I can play these awesome games. From what I've seen Let's Go! are basically remakes, I expect there's gonna be plot but they didn't show it off in the trailer. Time to figure out how to afford a Switch..

Cluemily

cherish chika
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 25, 2018
www.youtube.com
@uchuu If you're able to use Paypal Credit, places like GAME in the UK will actually let you pay back your purchase monthly for as low as £5 (for me, anyway, not sure if it varies).

So if you can afford at least £5 a month online you can slowly but surely pay back a Switch. If you can find a good bundle for yourself that'd be even better since you get more bang for your buck.
PayPal credit FAQ
Here's GAME's FAQ page on it.

I'm unsure if any businesses outside the UK are doing this also, but if they are this is a good way to get a Switch without paying a huge amount of money in one go.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
@uchuu If you're able to use Paypal Credit, places like GAME in the UK will actually let you pay back your purchase monthly for as low as £5 (for me, anyway, not sure if it varies).

So if you can afford at least £5 a month online you can slowly but surely pay back a Switch. If you can find a good bundle for yourself that'd be even better since you get more bang for your buck.
PayPal credit FAQ
Here's GAME's FAQ page on it.

I'm unsure if any businesses outside the UK are doing this also, but if they are this is a good way to get a Switch without paying a huge amount of money in one go.
omg thats so sexy..... I might do this actually.

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
Some of those early sprites are absolutely terrifying. (Wtf is up with demo Bayleef?! ...If it was even called Bayleef at all back then.)

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA

Second half of 2019 is the time to wait for it seems. I'm guessing it's gonna release during November, seems to be a trend by this point

Most interesting to me, designed for experienced fans. MThank god. My guess is Sun/Moon were intended for beginners so now they're directing attention to the experienced players given they have a lot less limitations from moving consoles.

Pomelo

In 2D hell
Apr 8, 2018
Some of those early sprites are absolutely terrifying. (Wtf is up with demo Bayleef?! ...If it was even called Bayleef at all back then.)
Seems pretty par for the course for Gen 1 sprites. I couldn't even look at gen 1 Golbat until I was a teenager tbh (I'd always cover the screen if I had to fight one).

Excited for 2019 Pokemon! I'll mostly likely still get Let's Go! Eevee, but the 2019 core series is what I'm mostly looking forward to. :stardust_lili:

Maribelle

GalacOH no she didn't
Apr 9, 2018
Can't wait for lets go eevee and also bellsprouts evo did not deserve to be scrapped :(

sleepysheep7

GET OFF MY LAWN YOU WHIPPERSNAPPERS!!!
Apr 8, 2018
Guzma is my trash child.
Ah pokemon that thing that has followed me since I was a child. Not sure how to feel about the let's go games because I don't have a switch but I am really thinking about getting one because compared to a lot of the other system it seems like a lot of fun. I have been playing through Pokemon Sun but kinda stopped right before the elite four or whatever they call it now for alola. As for which is my favorite, I think it has got to be the Sun and Moon series so far. Maybe it is because I have grown up but I found the characters a lot more interesting in the newest series compared to the older games. I'm sure if I went back and replayed the old games though, I would find them to be more interesting.

Pomelo

In 2D hell
Apr 8, 2018
Hey, does anyone have a totem Togedemaru they'd be willing to trade? I have Ultra Sun, so I get Vikavolt instead...I really want a big round boy for my team, though. :clara_lili:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I'm really late to the party (going through my Moon playthrough now), but here's a FYI to anyone who hasn't gotten bitten yet: once you transfer Pokemon (via Bank) from X/Y to S/M, you absolutely can't transfer them back. (I almost sent my Talonflame to Moon to help me hatch eggs; glad I used my Magby instead! At least the others who got marooned weren't as important!)

Last edited:

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I'm really late to the party (going through my Moon playthrough now), but here's a FYI to anyone who hasn't gotten bitten yet: once you transfer Pokemon (via Bank) from X/Y to S/M, you absolutely can't transfer them back. (I almost sent my Talonflame to Moon to help me hatch eggs; glad I used my Magby instead! At least the others who got marooned weren't as important!)
Oh yeah, that bites hard to people who aren't aware. I believe this happens because transferring forwards, there are differences in Pokemon between every generation therefore they aren't able to go back. I do think they should make that more apparent to those who don't already know that.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
I do believe it's possible to transfer then back if you have CFW and PKSM but it's quite a roundabout way of doing things...

I played through Platinum for the first time in a almost 10 years and I remembered just how much I love it as a game. Diamond/Peal were a mess but Platinum basically fixed every problem I ever had with them bar movement/battle speed. I wanna play through Black/White next... (Really I'm just distracting myself from working on my Living Dex but finding all the Gen 2 and Gen 5 Pokémon I need will be a pain in the ass)

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I do believe it's possible to transfer then back if you have CFW and PKSM but it's quite a roundabout way of doing things...

I played through Platinum for the first time in a almost 10 years and I remembered just how much I love it as a game. Diamond/Peal were a mess but Platinum basically fixed every problem I ever had with them bar movement/battle speed. I wanna play through Black/White next... (Really I'm just distracting myself from working on my Living Dex but finding all the Gen 2 and Gen 5 Pokémon I need will be a pain in the ass)
Ha ha, yeah, I'd rather stick by the rules if I can (Even if the rules can be stupid/arbitrary/infuriating. Honestly, I only got back into my Moon playthrough recently. The first day I was back, it struck me how I'd been reminded of how I love Pokemon. Revisiting crap like this similarly reminded me of how I sometimes hate Pokemon. :) )

Black/White are good games. Hope you enjoy them! Personally, I think Sun/Moon are my favorites so far due to how all the "gym battles" are so different and the elimination of HMs as moves, though I'll always adore the original RBY and XY, too.

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Tomorrow is the big day~! I’m curious to know which one eberyone got/is getting, Let’s Go Pikachu or Let’s Go Eevee.

I pre-ordered myself Let’s Go Eevee off Amazon this week, really excited about it. I wanna get Let’s Go Pikachu sometime too but eh, one day. For now, I’m just team Eevee and I plan to get the Pokeball controller during Christmas.
Something I thought aboug recently, could this be the first Pokemon spin-off but kinda a remake (I think it is supposed to be a remake of Yellow but I can’t remember) game with multiple saves? Because how the Switch is, you just make a new account (that’s how Zelda did it instead of the usual at least), so...does this mean multiple saves? I hope so, I can just make a new account on my Switch and play the adventure again for this and the future main series games.

And what did everyone think about Detective Pikachu? I think it looks freaking amazing and I love Ryan Reynolds playing Detective Pikachu. Definitely gonna go watch it next year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)