• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV POPY and ROSE for Synthesizer V AI

Maribelle

GalacOH no she didn't
Apr 9, 2018
The fact that they still sound like a cevio voicebank to my ears is cool af tbh instantly makes them unique among the other synthV voicebanks

Reactions: Ryleigh Goldner

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
Rose and Popy are out! We didn't have many demos, so here's some early examples from users:

*edit*
Rose's English + vocal modes!

They sound genuinely excellent. Rose, in particular, brings emotion and power that's always in demand, and a fantastic androgynous tone that slays on both female and male parts. Which only makes it more disappointing that they're under an extremely anti-consumer licence. You have to distribute any original music through Bushiroad's associated Japanese labels with their permission. This means musicians are only able to use them for as long as both the labels and the third-party distributors continue to operate and respond to emails, and there's no guarantee they'll allow you to distribute your music.

The corporation retains full control and you don't gain any rights during the purchase - which is why products with ToS like this are almost always free. You're basically buying a trial. Not a product, but the possibility of a product.

I'm fine with more restrictive guidelines on what a voice can be used for (if anything I think there should be stricter rules to prevent voicebanks voiced by POC from being used for hate speech, as has happened); but I'd rather those rules be transparently stated up front, instead of every song needing to go through approval. It's too much of a raw deal for me to invest in, no matter how good the voicebanks are, and feels like companies trying to take an extra cut of the profits from the songs people make.

Last edited:

Ryleigh Goldner

Worst conversational timing in the game
Feb 25, 2023
Bangkok, Thailand
Which only makes it more disappointing that they're under an extremely anti-consumer licence. You have to distribute any original music through Bushiroad's associated Japanese labels with their permission. This means musicians are only able to use them for as long as both the labels and the third-party distributors continue to operate and respond to emails, and there's no guarantee they'll allow you to distribute your music.

The corporation retains full control and you don't gain any rights during the purchase - which is why products with ToS like this are almost always free. You're basically buying a trial. Not a product, but the possibility of a product.

I'm fine with more restrictive guidelines on what a voice can be used for (if anything I think there should be stricter rules to prevent voicebanks voiced by POC from being used for hate speech, as has happened); but I'd rather those rules be transparently stated up front, instead of every song needing to go through approval. It's too much of a raw deal for me to invest in, no matter how good the voicebanks are, and feels like companies trying to take an extra cut of the profits from the songs people make.
WHAT?????????????????

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

P.S.:
I watch Louis Rossmann on occasion, so...

EDIT:
I assume major labels or their distribution networks (Universal Music Group's Virgin Music and Ingrooves, Sony Music Entertainment's The Orchard, and Warner Music Group's Alternative Distribution Alliance) (EDIT 3: that aren't associated with them [EDIT 4: Bushiroad]. Just assuming when I should probably refrain from doing so) don't even count. What a shame.

EDIT 2:
Moved 'don't even count' to the end of the first sentence.

Last edited:

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Seems that this is the same TOS as their CeVIO banks had, so if it wasn't some big deal then then it probably won't be now either. I do hate the restriction, but I guess it's not as bad as some banks' have been in the past. And tbh if the company ever stops responding to inquiries then imo, FAFO and ignore the rules at that point 🤷‍♂️

Ryleigh Goldner

Feb 25, 2023
Bangkok, Thailand
PLEASE SAY PSYCHE these two queens can't be getting the fukase treatment i refuse to believe it:kaito_lili::lily_ani_lili::ring_ani_lili:

i don't even write originals and this is making me reconsider getting rose
I'm so sorry but both ROSE and POPY are getting defenestrated (read: thrown out of the [figurative] window [in my house]) if this keeps up
'Cause I can't with this shit anymore

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Understandable but tbh if you don't write originals, it probably won't really apply!

And while I 100% support artists and producers getting paid for their work, there are users who will make originals but aren't selling them or monetizing their YouTube's, and I think they're fine too... Someone correct me if that's wrong. I understood it as selling the music, not just posting it somewhere

Ryleigh Goldner

Feb 25, 2023
Bangkok, Thailand
Understandable but tbh if you don't write originals, it probably won't really apply!

And while I 100% support artists and producers getting paid for their work, there are users who will make originals but aren't selling them or monetizing their YouTube's, and I think they're fine too... Someone correct me if that's wrong. I understood it as selling the music, not just posting it somewhere
I think you're right. I was getting too emotional. I'm so sorry for how I acted back there. It wasn't very mature of me to behave that way. I won't do it again.

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
One risk to note is that we don't know what Bushiroad's criteria are for rejecting/accepting songs. Do they want to control their brand's image, and if so, how strictly? If I'm writing songs with dark themes or content that's explicitly LGBTQ+, will it be accepted? Do they need the music to hit a certain professional standard, could I be rejected as an amateur? I'm all for ignoring the ToS if the company stops communicating, but that could cause legal problems in the lucky scenario your song blows up and needs to be licenced to another party (e.g. Project Sekai), which means it'll always be risky.

The company might be super chill and I hope they are - I just don't want to pay $70 to find out, haha. I don't think it's fair on producers.

I love how they both sound and look forward to hearing everyone's usage of them, but I'm going to be waiting and hoping for a vocal synth with a similar voicetype from another company this time. orz

Last edited:

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
I think you're right. I was getting too emotional. I'm so sorry for how I acted back there. It wasn't very mature of me to behave that way. I won't do it again.
No you're fine! I wasn't specifically @'ing you or anything, and it is certainly frustrating anyway

One risk to note is that we don't know what Bushiroad's criteria are for rejecting/accepting songs. Do they want to control their brand's image, and if so, how strictly? If I'm writing songs with dark themes or content that's explicitly LGBTQ+, will it be accepted? Do they need the music to hit a certain professional standard, could I be rejected as an amateur? I'm all for ignoring the ToS if the company stops communicating, but that could cause legal problems in the lucky scenario your song blows up and needs to be licenced to another party (e.g. Project Sekai), which means it'll always be risky.
You make fair points. I suppose it'll probably just be like, you can't make the character promote things like SA or genocide and so forth, but we don't know for sure... Well, maybe. What kind of originals have they gotten with their CeVIOs? Maybe that's a clue. Although I agree that it sucks to not know 100% up front. Do they not have a list of unacceptable topics? :(

nene

OSTER project fan!!!
Oct 13, 2023
I decided to peek at some CeVIO originals to see how it worked....
**attached in the spoilers is a few example videos that had streaming linked & ones with no streaming

In the case of posting commerical music, Popy/Rose songs have been posted to youtube/NND by producers.

However, still streaming can only be done on the listed sites.

(I have youtube premium so I don't know if the videos themselves are monitized)

----------------------

Also... some original songs for Popy and Rose also don't have any streaming links at all????

This could be a choice on the part of the producers (maybe they don't monitize any music), but I don't know.

If not, then maybe content has to fit their brand image? 🤔

Sorry if this doesn't help.

Edit: i also didn't visit the streaming hubs since I assumed it'd be the same content on NND/YT... maybe wrongly?

Last edited:

nightmare

SynthV Tuner
Apr 22, 2019
England
youtube.com
I listen to UtsuP's Sushi-Go-Round with Rose on Spotify all the time, so I don't think Bushiroad is unreasonable about where songs with Popy and Rose can be streamed. Still, needing permission to sell your original song with them is very annoying. It doesn't make sense. Characters like Miku and GUMI became popular because of the freedom their companies gave producers.

But as long as you're not selling your original songs and covers, and you label your work clearly with their names, then there is no issue.

Rose is everything I ever wanted from a vocal, her and Popy's licence aside. Rose's vocal modes and English are great. I got her for £45 from DLsite, but something unexpected happened. I got my serial/activation code without a problem, but the download link DLsite provided did not have the actual voicebank installer in it. I had to go on Dreamtonics Download, put in my serial code, and get the installer from there. Is that a new norm? I got a couple of voicebanks from DLsite before, and never encountered that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)