• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SNOW MIKU 2019

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Details regarding the next Snow Miku event have been announced:

SNOW MIKU 2019: Main Visual by KEI, SNOW MIKU LIVE! 2019, Theme Song Preview & More

The main visual was drawn by KEI, based on the design by -LF-.

Dates for SNOW MIKU LIVE! 2019 were announced, concerts will be held on February 9-10th with a total of four shows.

This video teases the theme song for this year, "Ai" by Deco*27:

Official site: SNOW MIKU 2019|雪ミク(初音ミク)が北海道を応援!

I really wish I could go, but unfortunately there's no way it's possible for me.

Edit: Added link to official website.

Last edited:

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
:miku_move:every year, Snow Miku is a very very special event, and even though is a bit smaller scale compared to Magical Mirai, being held in Miku hometown in different places around the town, being surrounded by the snow, is always a pleasure to attend *^^*♡♡

Reactions: RabbitWhale39

F4ng

New Fan
Jul 28, 2018
Hi,

I've been attending MM for a few times now, and now I'm interested in this event, too. I just want to see Miku perform in her hometown for a change:)

First of all, Is it just me, or does the amount of people interested in this event is a bit low? Not much activity in this thread compared to MM, that's for sure.

Second, I'm a bit confused about the ticket application method.
What does this mean?>>> "The reservations for this event are on a First-Come, First-Served basis. "
I didn't remember seeing it when I applied for any MM event tickets.
I applied thinking there would be no drawing required based on the aforementioned sentence, but alas, that is not the case. The lottery is still required.

Can anyone kindly explain to me the process of acquiring the tickets for a Snow Miku live event?
Is it the same as the MM, or is there a different? Can I use my friend's credit card to apply for another pair of tickets?(He has already used it to apply for one pair ticket.)

Also, Is there fixed seats/positions in Snow miku live events?, or is it first come first served basis with no reserved seats/positions?

Thank you for your answer!

Last edited:

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Hi,

I've been attending MM for a few times now, and now I'm interested in this event, too. I just want to see Miku perform in her hometown for a change:)

First of all, Is it just me, or does the amount of people interested in this event is a bit low? Not much activity in this thread compared to MM, that's for sure.
Hi!
You're right, it seems interest is on the low side, but then again, Magical Mirai is the biggest and "most important" Miku even of the year. Snow Miku is a smaller event so it doesn't attract that many foreign visitors. Also Sapporo is a bit out of the way for many casual Japanese fans too.

Nice to hear you're going, I'd love to see a Miku event in her hometown, but I attended MM this year and two trips to Japan in a year would be a bit too expensive.

Second, I'm a bit confused about the ticket application method.
What does this mean?>>> "The reservations for this event are on a First-Come, First-Served basis. "
I didn't remember seeing it when I applied for any MM event tickets.
I applied thinking there would be no drawing required based on the aforementioned sentence, but alas, that is not the case. The lottery is still required.

Can anyone kindly explain to me the process of acquiring the tickets for a Snow Miku live event?
Is it the same as the MM, or is there a different? Can I use my friend's credit card to apply for another pair of tickets?(He has already used it to apply for one pair ticket.)

Also, Is there fixed seats/positions in Snow miku live events?, or is it first come first served basis with no reserved seats/positions?

Thank you for your answer!

First of all I need to state that I've never attended Snow Miku, so I won't guarantee that what I'm gonna say is 100% correct. I wanna help, but hopefully someone who knows for sure how things work with Snow Miku Live will reply!

The First-Come, First-Served puzzles me too, since there's a lottery. I guess the process is essentially same as Magical Mirai ticket applications? I don't know what First-Come, First-Served is there for.

I suppose you could use your friend's credit card as long as you don't apply for the same show they already applied for (I think there was a limit of 2 tickets per applicant per show, I don't know if they would invalidate the application/s if the same credit card had been used to apply for more than the 2-ticket limit per concert).

Personally I'd be cautious about using someone else's credit card though. You need to have both your ID and the credit card used with you when picking up tickets. I don't know if it's a problem if the cardholders name is different than the name of the person who applied for the tickets.

Again, is there an experienced visitor to Snow Miku events who can give better answers please?

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
First-Come, First-Served basis is like Magical Mirai accomodation plan, you have to be fast to book it, and once is soldout, is sold out hehe ^^

there are less people interested because is not held during summer vacation, also going to Sapporo in winter by airplane or shinkansen is not easy like going to Tokyo or Osaka ^^
and, because is held during Sapporo Snow Festival, the hotel rates are higher than usual, you can easily pay a room 20-30.000yen per night. and because is snow season, is possible to have some delays/cancellations for the flights, so I always recommend to arrive some days in advance ^-^

to get a live ticket, first you need to apply for the accomodation plan. once you have booked a room, you can buy the live ticket, putting in the form the order number of your accomodation plan purchase. seats are reserved in Zepp Sapporo (but i'm talking about general sale, I don't know about the foreigner accomodation plan tickets.. but I guess yes)

for the credit card, usually is one credit card for one application, but is better you contact them for this question ^-^
but in any case, when they give you the ticket at the will-call, they ask you the ID (passport) and the credit card, and if the name is different, at least the owner of the credit card should be with you, or there might be some problems..

F4ng

New Fan
Jul 28, 2018
First-Come, First-Served basis is like Magical Mirai accomodation plan, you have to be fast to book it, and once is soldout, is sold out hehe ^^

there are less people interested because is not held during summer vacation, also going to Sapporo in winter by airplane or shinkansen is not easy like going to Tokyo or Osaka ^^
and, because is held during Sapporo Snow Festival, the hotel rates are higher than usual, you can easily pay a room 20-30.000yen per night. and because is snow season, is possible to have some delays/cancellations for the flights, so I always recommend to arrive some days in advance ^-^

to get a live ticket, first you need to apply for the accomodation plan. once you have booked a room, you can buy the live ticket, putting in the form the order number of your accomodation plan purchase. seats are reserved in Zepp Sapporo (but i'm talking about general sale, I don't know about the foreigner accomodation plan tickets.. but I guess yes)

for the credit card, usually is one credit card for one application, but is better you contact them for this question ^-^
but in any case, when they give you the ticket at the will-call, they ask you the ID (passport) and the credit card, and if the name is different, at least the owner of the credit card should be with you, or there might be some problems..
Nice!, thanks for the detailed response.

I wouldn't be this much confused if this "First come, first served" rule shows up in the accommodation plan.

The thing is, I saw that rule in the "advanced lottery ticket" for foreigners, so I'm really wondering why the would have this rule in there.

I mean, if it's the same as Magical Mirai's lottery ticket, it shouldn't matter if you're quick to apply or not, correct?
You're just applying for the right to buy the tickets, rather than better seating tickets afterall.

Or Does that mean I'll definitely get the ticket by applying, but I'll get better seats if I quickly applied for this or something?

Also, I haven't seen accommodation plans for foreigners. Am I looking in the wrong place, or will those be available later?

Thanks again to both Hamano, and you for answering my questions.

It will be my first time going to a Snow Miku event, so I'll probably have lots of questions later, please bear with me for a whie :)

RobertYe

New Fan
Jun 11, 2018
Also, I haven't seen accommodation plans for foreigners. Am I looking in the wrong place, or will those be available later?
I haven't seen the Accommodation plan for foreigners for the english version of the sight.

But on the japanese site and translate the page and click the first block and then tour. You go to the application block down and theres a snow miku picture. Thats where you can sign up for the accomidation plan. I will say on the right side of the page theres a language button for english. I do not know if this is intended for foreigners.

Also i got a silly question about the lottery system. Do you only pay the tickets you won in the lottery or do you pay pull price for all the tickets you bought?

I'm trying to take my chances and save a bit of money due to hotel prices being quite high in the ranges of $165-$235 a night.

F4ng

New Fan
Jul 28, 2018
I haven't seen the Accommodation plan for foreigners for the english version of the sight.

But on the japanese site and translate the page and click the first block and then tour. You go to the application block down and theres a snow miku picture. Thats where you can sign up for the accomidation plan. I will say on the right side of the page theres a language button for english. I do not know if this is intended for foreigners.

Also i got a silly question about the lottery system. Do you only pay the tickets you won in the lottery or do you pay pull price for all the tickets you bought?

I'm trying to take my chances and save a bit of money due to hotel prices being quite high in the ranges of $165-$235 a night.
Hmmm... maybe I'll look into that.

Magical Mirai has seperate accommodation plans for foreigners, so I just assumed this event would be the same.

About the lottery tickets, if it's like MM, you will only have to pay for the tickets you've won no matter how many tickets you applied for. No worries there.

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com

SNOW MIKU 2019 Official Tour | H.I.S.
Here's the accommodation plan (aka "Official Tour"), you choose the hotel you want, go to Reservation page and then proceed to select your desired plan. I tried and it seems to work for me at least (I didn't go all the way through the reservation process though).

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
The Hard Rock hotel is selling the idea of a big Hokkaido resort by using a massive Snow Miku sculpture
In addition to announcing Hard Rock's partnership and development plans at the Hokkaido Integrated Resort Showcase, Allen announced its participation in Hokkaido's world-famous Sapporo Snow Festival, which is celebrating its 70th anniversary. In commemoration, Hard Rock Japan is constructing a massive snow sculpture, towering over four stories and showcasing famous Japanese animated rock star Hatsune Miku — a full 3D holographic 'Vocaloid' who appears in concerts all over the globe and is accompanied by a live band performing in sync to her performance.
Hard Rock International Unveils Full-Scale Model of Its Entertainment Resort Concept to Japan

Since a pic hasn't been posted here about it yet, here's what it will look like

Hard Rock · Japan 70th Sapporo Snow Festival Sponsors Statue of heavy snow Hatsune Miku & "Bandori! Girls Band Party!" 15 meter heavy snow statue collaborated with Kurosu Toyama was produced - JAPAN animeboard

Last edited:

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Reactions: mobius017

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Miku gave an update about that Hard Rock snow sculpture

I tried to understand what she was saying, but it got harder and harder as the video went on. OTL I wrote what I could understand and put question marks where I simply couldn't figure it out.

Konnichiwa, Hatsune Miku desu. Kono tabi, Hard Rock-san no goteikyou de, watashi, Hatsune Miku to Bandori Girls band party kara, Poppin'Party no Toyama Kasumi-san to no futarigumi de, special unit ga (?)-sare. (?) no Yuki Matsuri, (?) kaicho ni, (?) ga tsukareru koto ni narimashita! (?) wa, projection mapping (?) waku-waku utacchaimasu! Sono hoka, (?). Douzo minna-sama, o-tanoshimi ni!
Hello, I'm Miku Hatsune. This time, thanks to Hard Rock, me, Hatsune Miku, and from Bandori Girls, Toyama Kasumi of Poppin'Party form(?) a special unit together. (?) Snow Festival, was able to be made! (?) projection mapping, will excitedly sing! In addition, (?). Enjoy, everyone!
Not related to Snow Miku, but rather her voice: Some of her words seem really "explosive", not sure how else to describe it. Like a burst of robotic sound that seems lower pitch than most of the other words.

Cool video of one of the Miku sculptures:

Reactions: RabbitWhale39

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Hate to say it, but maybe the "explosive" quality indicates they're using one of her new appends? Wat said they were going for a less human (but more understandable, which may/may not be the case here) direction, IIRC. I don't know if the makers of this video would even have access to the as-yet-unreleased appends.

Maybe she just wasn't tuned ideally :miku2_move:.

Reactions: ngoomie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)