• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID Sonicwire lists their best selling Vocaloids in 2018

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Their top three best selling Vocaloid products remained the same for a third year in a row, with Hatsune Miku V4X Bundle being first, followed by Hatsune Miku V4X and Megurine Luka V4X respectively. The only non-Cryptonloid to make the top ten this year was Yohioloid.

It's worth noting that the ranking only includes sales of Sonicwire's product downloads and not physical copies sold. Unfortunately the ranking doesn't include the actual number of sales for each product.

You can check the whole top 10 ranking here:
SONICWIRE 2018年セールスランキング!~ボーカロイド編~ – SONICWIREブログ

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Wait, what? If Yohioloid's so popular sales-wise, why does it seem like he's rarely used?

Anyway, very interesting info!

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Interesting peice of infromation there. It's a little sad MEIKO is in 10th, but maybe it's because V3 is pushing 5 years now...

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
Wait, what? If Yohioloid's so popular sales-wise, why does it seem like he's rarely used?
Perhaps he's being used by producers outside the fandom who don't advertise that they've used his VB? English Vocaloids have a habit of selling well, but end up being rarely used within the Vocaloid fandom, while producers not in the fandom just pick them up and use them as instruments rather than virtual singers.

First Sound Future

Passionate Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Yohioloid coming in top 10 is especially surprising since apparently, according to PowerFX, he didn't sell well? Not exactly even sure if he's selling that well now since PFX left the Vocaloid scene because something else made by them was bringing more money and Vocaloid just wasn't worth the investment anymore but I could be remembering wrong.

I wish there was an actual number of sales too because I kind of get the feeling that the only one that actually has highly significant sales on this list is Miku. I don't know if the machine translation is good but I got "There was a difference of about 2.5 times between 3rd place "Megurine Luka V4X" and 1st place "Hatsune Miku V4X BUNDLE" which made me think that. I could be misunderstanding something however. orz

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
I don't know if the machine translation is good but I got "There was a difference of about 2.5 times between 3rd place "Megurine Luka V4X" and 1st place "Hatsune Miku V4X BUNDLE" which made me think that. I could be misunderstanding something however. orz
I think that's exactly what they mean, Miku V4X Bundle sold 2.5 times more than Luka V4X.

I agree that Yohioloid (and others on the lower ranks, like Meiko, Miku V4 English and Kaito) probably didn't sell that well in numbers, but still, Yohioloid outsold Meiko and all Vocaloids not on the list, which I think is still somewhat surprising.

Reactions: xuu

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
I agree that Yohioloid (and others on the lower ranks, like Meiko, Miku V4 English and Kaito) probably didn't sell that well in numbers, but still, Yohioloid outsold Meiko and all Vocaloids not on the list, which I think is still somewhat surprising.
Yeah this is the big part, Miku will always be far and away the best seller but selling 2.5x more than Luka V4X says more about Miku's popularity than the others. I think more can be gained by looking at who placed where outside of Miku and trying to figure out why that is LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)