• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV Synthesizer V Discussion Thread

sleepysheep7

GET OFF MY LAWN YOU WHIPPERSNAPPERS!!!
Apr 8, 2018
I'm super excited for this. In my personal opinion this is some of the best English singing I've heard from a vocal synth. Feels awesome to have a better option on the table.

Not expecting this to be free, so I'll save up and just hope I have enough. The demos sound freaking great so I really want my hands on this either way.
If it is paid software, I feel it will have a hard time competing (Remember it would be going up against Vocaloid, Cevio, and UTAU) unless it is on the cheaper side. If on the other hand it is something like the basic version is free but there is a premium version that you can pay for (within reason), then I could see it doing okay.

RawBeansP

feng yi supremacy
Apr 8, 2018
elsewhere looking for oarfish
If it is paid software, I feel it will have a hard time competing (Remember it would be going up against Vocaloid, Cevio, and UTAU) unless it is on the cheaper side. If on the other hand it is something like the basic version is free but there is a premium version that you can pay for (within reason), then I could see it doing okay.
I agree with this to an extent, of course any new vocal synth is going to have a hard time competing esp in a Vocaloid/Utau dominated community. But really a good majority of the western community values quality and good marketing over much else, this is especially true to any English bank on any engine. But I think Synth V is the first synth in a long time that could compete with the Vocaloid engine from a quality and user-friendliness standpoint. I like to believe that, while it realistically won't garner the same amount of support as Vocaloid for obvious reasons, if Kanru Hua plays his cards right then Synth V could have a moderate amount of success.

At the very least, I really hope so anyway bc I really like the sound of it and I'd like to see it flourish amongst both the western and eastern communities. Not saying it'll be the next Utau, but I like to think it could achieve maybe CeVio status down the line

Last edited:

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
How exciting! I hadn't heard of this before, and that Silence cover is astounding. I'll keep an eye on this for sure :)

Reactions: Elsa12TMNT

DarkFlameSquirrel

VSTi Metal Producer
I agree with this to an extent, of course any new vocal synth is going to have a hard time competing esp in a Vocaloid/Utau dominated community. But really a good majority of the western community values quality and good marketing over much else, this is especially true to any English bank on any engine. But I think Synth V is the first synth in a long time that could compete with the Vocaloid engine from a quality and user-friendliness standpoint. I like to believe that, while it realistically won't garner the same amount of support as Vocaloid for obvious reasons, if Kanru Hua plays his cards right then Synth V could have a moderate amount of success.

At the very least, I really hope so anyway bc I really like the sound of it and I'd like to see it flourish amongst both the western and eastern communities. Not saying it'll be the next Utau, but I like to think it could achieve maybe CeVio status down the line
^ this, basically.

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
Based on a hybrid of artificial neural networks and concatenative synthesis
(^from the webpage) I HAVE ALWAYS WONDERED IF THIS COULD BE DONE excellent

I've only spent two seconds in the editor but I'm already considering marriage

Something I thought worth mentioning: it can import midis and USTs... and can export to them too!

Last edited:

sleepysheep7

GET OFF MY LAWN YOU WHIPPERSNAPPERS!!!
Apr 8, 2018
I just downloaded it, I like it so far. Pretty easier to understand and the vocals are clear. Kinda wish it was a little easier to figure out phoneme mode but that is just probably from first learning vocaloid x-sampa.

edit: Okay now I'm starting to get it, it was programed to use the 2 letter arpabet for the vowels instead of the 1 letter.

edit 2: The tension parameter is nice. Helps with transitions of multi syllable words. (At least I am hoping i am using it right)

Last edited:

BenHo

Aspiring Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Her voice is fucking great? I'm listening to these demos people are doing and she's so versatile. Also she's really understandable in most of them. I can't wait to try her out, but I don't have any recent projects to use on her so it will be a bit.

Also that design is gorgeous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)