• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV Synthesizer V Discussion Thread

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Kyaami got to try Synthesizer V!

I think it sounds REALLY good. There were some parts that were hard to understand, but I got it for the most part. I don't really like the voice that much though, but it's not the only one so hoping to find one I like. Don't think it'd ever get me to trade over from Avanna as my main English synth but it could be cool to use.

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
Kyaami got to try Synthesizer V!

I think it sounds REALLY good. There were some parts that were hard to understand, but I got it for the most part. I don't really like the voice that much though, but it's not the only one so hoping to find one I like. Don't think it'd ever get me to trade over from Avanna as my main English synth but it could be cool to use.

At the beginning yeah the voice sounds at times too quiet/muffled (from the tuning I guess), but overall she does sound nice. :akikoloid_lili:
It's weird how I'm slowly doing a [UTAU] JPN cover of Silence then heading over here to find this. :clara_lili:

Reactions: Elsa12TMNT

sleepysheep7

GET OFF MY LAWN YOU WHIPPERSNAPPERS!!!
Apr 8, 2018
It sounds nice, I do wonder how much they are going to charge for it. Or maybe they will do a freeware version and premium version kinda like what Alter/ego did.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
In the Chinese demo, you can see the parameters currently available in the engine, being:
  • Pitch Deviation
  • Vibrato Envelope
  • Loudness
  • Tension
  • Breathiness
  • Voicing
Which I would imagine generally equate to:
  • PIT (VOCALOID)
  • VIA (CeVIO)
  • DYN (VOCALOID)
  • Mt flag (UTAU)
    • Since it doesn't have a direct equivalent in VOCALOID/CeVIO, the closest I can think of is BRI.
  • BRE (VOCALOID)
  • OPE (VOCALOID)
    • More likely to be closer to the VOCALOID2 version where it, you know, actually worked.
  • GEN (VOCALOID)
Which is really solid IMHO. Good range of parameters and I can't really think of anything that I would really want other than this.

lil_eggo

(screams eternally)
Apr 8, 2018
USA
i love those transitions from soft to more powerful!! super clear too. i can't comment much else about parameters and stuff bc i've only ever dabbled in UTAU, lol.
i saw stuff on my twitter feed earlier about how people said SynthV was the "new UTAU"? maybe if it ends up being freeware and people can record their own vbs... but i don't imagine that would be the case? i would be really glad if SynthV got to be as popular as UTAU though. it sounds absolutely divine.

CallmeNerdy

A Miku Nerd
Apr 17, 2018
Hogwarts
This makes me really hyped for the final product! Kyaami did an awesome job at making the vocals sound awesome, and the parameters seem interesting, to me at least.

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
A Japanese cover has been posted. Honestly not a fan of the voice but hey more showing off the tension parameter!

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Nice to see more usage! I will say this demo doesn't sit with me well and I don't know exactly why. The voice sounds fine to me for the most part, just something that makes me dislike it.

Regardless, it's exciting. I've found myself really liking how this editor looks now, kinda wish it could have parameters so we could see a bit more though, but that's not a big deal

Zeetheus

A random jellyfish
Jun 2, 2018
Really impressed with the English demo! There are a few snags in pronunciation/tension that seemed... off? But, as someone who hasn't read the lyrics to Silence in a hot minute, hearing it performed with such clarity was very refreshing! I'm excited to see further updates.

The Japanese demo does seem very muffed in comparison... but I don't speak natively, so I might not be the best judge.

RawBeansP

feng yi supremacy
Apr 8, 2018
elsewhere looking for oarfish
I really like what the engine is capable of doing, esp with Tension, a feature that I feel like the Brightness of Vocaloid tries to do but doesn't do quite right. I really like the Japanese bank a lot, she sounds fairly close to a human and I like that she almost sounds human but you can still tell it's a robot. The same goes for the English bank that was demonstrated

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Japanese VB sounds muffled because of the voice type. Sounds very "precious" and emotional. I like it a lot!

DarkFlameSquirrel

VSTi Metal Producer
I'm super excited for this. In my personal opinion this is some of the best English singing I've heard from a vocal synth. Feels awesome to have a better option on the table.

Not expecting this to be free, so I'll save up and just hope I have enough. The demos sound freaking great so I really want my hands on this either way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)