• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV Synthesizer V Discussion Thread

Viomomo

All hail the new queen- Ellie
Aug 19, 2018
YOOO! She's fantastic! I am just tinkering with her for now but I may have my new favorite~

(Really hope there is a mac port update soon so I don't have to struggle with Wine to use it)

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
I know it's a little bit unfair but lets do a side by side comparison. Miku's 1st english bank with the backing of a major label plus Circus' outstanding and well experienced tuning versus a quick test with Eleanor made on the first day a new singing synth was released that was uploaded onto Soundcloud.

Last edited:

squeaky_chair

New Fan
Aug 10, 2018
I've never used English Vocaloids before, primarily because I thought they sounded like bad autotune. However, this Synthesizer V thingy is quite impressive.

And according to that twitter account linked above, the author of Synthesizer V has recently completed a three month internship at Yamaha. Hmm...

Maribelle

GalacOH no she didn't
Apr 9, 2018
I love it but I am having issues making her sing certain words such as bows like in rainbows any tips for this?

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
I think this will be the last side by side comparison video i'll post in this thread. This one is IA Eng C vs Amy vs Eleanor.

I feel bad for many of the producers who dished out hundreds for V5 and/or IA Eng C this past month. I mean both of those engine improvements to english voices sound quite minimal compared to a synth that's still in technical preview.

But can you imagine what this could do to the morale over at 1st Place and Yamaha's software division?

I mean. 1st Place released a english voice to online webstores that might be difficult to order from if you don't have enough decent working knowledge in japanese. Yamaha in response to that IA english bank does a soft launch of v5, throwing everyone off except for the AHS folks. A soft launch of what we can honestly call v4.9 really because liked things such as cross synth and job plugins are missing from this plus there's only two third party japanese banks are out for it with third party banks being released in the future WAY down the pipeline (i'm guessing you'll see them sometime in early spring 2019) because they just dropped that info on developers including freaking Crypton like that. Multiply those feelings several times over at Yamaha when corporate finally realizes an intern they had knew how to make english voices sound significantly clearer just up and released his own engine that he's currently at the moment is giving out for free. A voice and engine that's much easier to get, cheaper and clearer than CeVIO and IA Eng C on top of all that.

Some people don't quite realize that guy has completely disrupted the market with that move this past weekend.

Last edited:

Viomomo

All hail the new queen- Ellie
Aug 19, 2018
I love it but I am having issues making her sing certain words such as bows like in rainbows any tips for this?
Type rainbows. Hit ctrl P for the pronunciation and carefully delete the rain part (keep the .)
-----
Check this out, guys. Especially towards the end where she BELTS out her high notes beautifully with a little tweaking.

Last edited:

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
If no one has seen, you can give feedback to help inprove SynthV while it's still in development!

The download links have also been updated! This is for Windows users who were having issues downloading SynthV in the past, everything should be fixed now.

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Is there an easier way to convert phonemes from a ust into lyrics than just editing every note?
i want to make sure there's no easier alternative before I take the tedious route because I always end up doing what takes the longest and then later find out there was a much simpler way to do it lol

Infoholic

CEO of Chorical, LLC.
Mar 26, 2018
Is there an easier way to convert phonemes from a ust into lyrics than just editing every note?
i want to make sure there's no easier alternative before I take the tedious route because I always end up doing what takes the longest and then later find out there was a much simpler way to do it lol
Nope no other way then deleting VC notes and putting in lyrics

Reactions: cafenurse

Elsa12TMNT

Uses Too Many Obsolete UTAUs
Nope no other way then deleting VC notes and putting in lyrics
Editing the phonetics for every single note is my biggest gripe so far.
Honestly neither of these things bother me. As someone who came from UTAU and hasn't learned much about tuning (besides a little messing with pitchbends and a touch of vibrato here and there), I don't have a problem editing phonemes constantly; for whatever reason it feels like a given to me. I also save most of my own USTs with a blank copy of just the notes anyway to more easily switch from one UTAU to the other. Something that might help that would be having one of those lyric bars (Like UTAU) where you type out each syllable from your lyrics and it distubriutes like that. However, I hardly use the bar in UTAU anyway. My main focus has been teaching myself phonetic input for English, and a lot of reclists require you to click directly on the note and write it in because if you use the bar UTAU won't recognize it as something to be distributed and it doesn't do it. But obviously, since no other list is most likely gonna be in SynthV that most likely would not be a problem. The bar could even have it set up where a word is regesitered as a word and something /in slashes/ is registered as phonemes, for tricky syllables that get pronouced wrong. I guess a "find replace" type feature would also do the job.

Hmm maybe I should send this in XD

Reactions: ngoomie

Stigbn

Aspiring Fan
Jul 21, 2018
Denmark
It's interesting that the database for Eleanor is only about 100 mb, compared to several Gb for an English Vocaloid. I don't know how the programming works, but maybe it means that we could have even better voicebanks, with more phonetic variance in the future, without filling up our harddrives.

I'm also impressed by the 'note properties' - the parameters you can change seem very 'musical'.

Infoholic

CEO of Chorical, LLC.
Mar 26, 2018
It's interesting that the database for Eleanor is only about 100 mb, compared to several Gb for an English Vocaloid. I don't know how the programming works, but maybe it means that we could have even better voicebanks, with more phonetic variance in the future, without filling up our harddrives.

I'm also impressed by the 'note properties' - the parameters you can change seem very 'musical'.
It's because the VB is compressed and a model of the voice data

Reactions: TheStarPalace

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)