• New accounts will normally be approved within 24 hours.
    Note: We're currently having issues with our e-mail system, anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) must be changed manually by an Admin. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV Synthesizer V Studio 2

Bookworm2

Your friendly neighborhood Vocaloid nerd
O-Oh my god, they're releasing so many of them. Why are they releasing so many of them? We just got two others quite literally three days ago. They clearly must not take much money to produce, because jeez they're pumping them out like a factory. Also, they're still two letters. Was Shao Ling an outlier with three?

I can't listen to the demos right now, but I'll update this post when I do.
 

Bookworm2

Your friendly neighborhood Vocaloid nerd
I don't think Shao Ling was anything special/a move towards using three letters for good. They just... decided to use a name that already shared letters with Sylva and I guess. Didn't care to think of anything else that didnt conflict??? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Looking through the letter voicebanks, this does seem to be the case as both SH (Sheena) and SL (Sylvia) are taken. The only other letter combo I can think of that would fit is SG, but that admittedly doesn't look very good.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Leon

lIlI

⚡
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 6, 2018
1,300
Kanru's walls
I desperately wish Dreamtonics would hire a graphic designer to manage their typography. Rochelle's 'R' logo is not good, with unbalanced proportions and inconsistent angles everywhere, and Nanami's 'N' has multiple errors where they've forgotten to trim the edges properly. I respect their choice not to use character designs, but the visual first impression given by their logos is not good. They look like they were made in a hurry with the polygonal lasso tool and break every principle of good font design. If they just typed out the letters with the Synthesizer V logo typeface their branding would look much cleaner and more pleasant, and require less effort! :ring_ani_lili:

Graphic design crashout aside, the voices all sound nice.
 

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
1,199
Huan Zhang, Shao Ling, and Nanami are all pleasant and sound high quality, but didn't tick any specific boxes for me

I adore Rochelle's tone. She's really mellow when she's soft, and warm when she's powerful. Very nice. And Kohki is absolutely gonna gain a fanbase. All the comments on his demo are already calling him Yuma's brother or the return of Piko

The terrible design of the letters is just a funny thing to me at this point. Never change, DT... OTL

EDIT: I forgot to add my usual complaint. I am once again asking DT to PLEASE make at least 1 or 2 banks in the other official languages. Spanish and Korean are starving here
 
Last edited:

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
405
???
EDIT: I forgot to add my usual complaint. I am once again asking DT to PLEASE make at least 1 or 2 banks in the other official languages. Spanish and Korean are starving here
Thank you for the comment, I literally forgot that these languages are supported because DT hasn't released any vbs for them.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Leon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)