• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV SynthV AI An Xiao

Cluemily

cherish chika
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 25, 2018
www.youtube.com
Dreamtonics has just dropped a new masculine Chinese vocal on their store called An Xiao.

After some searching, I believe this is a demo.

PearlStarLight5

Miss Retrocore, at your service!
Wow this changes basically everything I was speculating about the Dreamtonics vocals. I assumed that their 6th member would be an English female but nope, they just drop a second Chinese male. So for all we know, their second English vocal could also be male, or they could make a third Japanese vocal.
And I don't have my headphones on hand otherwise I would have listened to the demo already lol

• Wow
Reactions: poser and lIlI

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Wow! Dreamtonics keeping us fed. I have so many SVs I need to pick up now 😩
I plan to buy Mo Chen and An Xiao eventually just to keep feeding the new rush of male voices, but I do hope we get one that's very different eventually. I like this demo! Don't get me wrong. But he reminds me of Mo Chen a little bit 🤔

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
I think that it's great Dreamtonics is building up their library of vocals. I think it's equally great that people seem to be latching onto them despite their being avatar-less. I'm looking forward to seeing what people make using such a big selection of vocals-- and the cross-synthesis to really expand each language's repertoire.

I was wondering before why Mo Chen was the first vocal to have a slightly different style with two letters-- we know now it's because there's an accompanying An.

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
wow, what a nice surprise. makes me happy theyre releasing another male voice, when many of us thought it would just be a set of male and female for each language. so that certainly makes me hope we will see a variety of gendered voices instead of just one of each! while i think all the mlaes have some kind similarities (which isnt bad, they arent trying to make exaggerated character voice types after all, but still), i like the more strong tone in an's voice, with ryo and mo chen being a bit softer.

Last edited:

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
It's so good Dreamtonics is picking up the slack third parties have left with male vocals! Hoping for more genre variety in future, but just having another masculine voice option is reassuring to see. Deep voices were Synth V's weakness, and they seem committed to improving both their selection and performance.

aru ii

Your Neighborhood Tianyi Enthusiast!
Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor
i can't listen to it rn, but i really hope he doesn't sound like a kevin/ryo/mo chen copy :chiyu_lili:
Just listened to him, and yep! Another saki clone:D
Although despite the fact that I still think that he’s very generic and similar to the male ais, his voice is more to my liking compared to other ai male vbs

Reactions: Cerāgi <º•

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
Oh thank you his power does seem a little lacking. I wonder why his English sounds so bad.

PearlStarLight5

Miss Retrocore, at your service!
Even with Mo Chen too, his English sometimes sounds like dictionary mode. I would say this maybe means that vocal modes + cross-lingual synthesis is too taxing on the AI, but that sample did not have vocal modes turned on, so I wonder if this has to do with how the AI is being trained (they probably took more time to train the AI for Saki and Qingsu than Mo Chen and An Xiao)

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
i wass going to say that as well- i didnt think mo chen's english was all too great either which is why i didnt plan to buy him, and an xiao sounds kinda similar. ryo's is also in my opinion not as good as some of the others like qing su or saki, but he still sounds a bit better to me than these two chinese male voices? and of course their source language has something to do with it to some degree i think, but i am now wondering if time spent training is affecting some of these newer released voices too.

___

Oct 8, 2019
Even with Mo Chen too, his English sometimes sounds like dictionary mode. I would say this maybe means that vocal modes + cross-lingual synthesis is too taxing on the AI, but that sample did not have vocal modes turned on, so I wonder if this has to do with how the AI is being trained (they probably took more time to train the AI for Saki and Qingsu than Mo Chen and An Xiao)
I have my own tinfoil hat theory abt that, which is that the quality output still depends on whether samples in the other languages have been recorded as well, like, no one can convince me that Stardust Infinity, who has trilingual vp in all the languages supported by SVS, has the same crosslingual capabilities as say, Karin, whose marketing is exlusively targeted at the japanese audience, where they offhandedly showed off her chinese on a stream, forgetting the language was still set to japanese hggfhg no shade @ Tokyo6, it's not like I begrudge a company called Tokyo6 of all things for having their priorities hjkl

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
I have my own tinfoil hat theory abt that, which is that the quality output still depends on whether samples in the other languages have been recorded as well, like, no one can convince me that Stardust Infinity, who has trilingual vp in all the languages supported by SVS, has the same crosslingual capabilities as say, Karin, whose marketing is exlusively targeted at the japanese audience, where they offhandedly showed off her chinese on a stream, forgetting the language was still set to japanese hggfhg no shade @ Tokyo6, it's not like I begrudge a company called Tokyo6 of all things for having their priorities hjkl

Pfft I misread your post on first glance and was about to present my own tinfoil hat theory that was the exact same as yours! I'm more hesitant about it because it doesn't quite hold up for the banks that came out before the feature did, unless they planned this far ahead. But it would make some sense!

___

Oct 8, 2019
Pfft I misread your post on first glance and was about to present my own tinfoil hat theory that was the exact same as yours! I'm more hesitant about it because it doesn't quite hold up for the banks that came out before the feature did, unless they planned this far ahead. But it would make some sense!
I and my gf have speculated on this theory and have came up with some explanations for what you're adressing, but I don't wanna go off topic on the thread 😭 but feel free to DM me abt it!

• Love
Reactions: Leon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)