• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

TALQu - An Unofficial English guide thread on TALQu and it's voice model creation!

HoodyP

Aspiring Fan
Jan 12, 2020
Also, as of now, TALQu (especially the free version) doesn't support the normal English Tacotron2 models (as it can make the model sound incomprehensible/improper pronunciation)

HoodyP

Aspiring Fan
Jan 12, 2020
UPDATE 2/14/2022: Haruqa announced a new version of TALQu has released and now the vocoder that was included in the current HaruqaCorpus became the default vocoder for TALQu! (Also model switching speeds have been increased and shortened!) Please update your TALQu for this new function!

CatsterCatster

Official Feet Liker
Jan 20, 2022
randythellama.wixsite.com
I keep getting error where it basically tells me something's wrong with the model and something about Visual Studio???: how do i fix it? because once i was waiting a full 24 hours and the model still hasnt loaded. i also tried both the CPU and GPU version, and i installed CUDApatch and everything. even the CPU version (the latest one) doesnt work. how can i fix it?

HoodyP

Aspiring Fan
Jan 12, 2020
I keep getting error where it basically tells me something's wrong with the model and something about Visual Studio???: how do i fix it? because once i was waiting a full 24 hours and the model still hasnt loaded. i also tried both the CPU and GPU version, and i installed CUDApatch and everything. even the CPU version (the latest one) doesnt work. how can i fix it?
Have you installed atleast .NET Framework version 4.8 and over and also the latest version of Microsoft Visual C++? To be honest, TALQu’s working enviroment is somehow slightly messy and even I myself can get confused sometimes (the creator even admitted it in a reply email one time), but if the CPU version of TALQu can’t even have a model loaded/working, then it has something to do with Microsoft Visual C++ and/or .NET Framework I suppose…

CatsterCatster

Official Feet Liker
Jan 20, 2022
Have you installed atleast .NET Framework version 4.8 and over and also the latest version of Microsoft Visual C++? To be honest, TALQu’s working enviroment is somehow slightly messy and even I myself can get confused sometimes (the creator even admitted it in a reply email one time), but if the CPU version of TALQu can’t even have a model loaded/working, then it has something to do with Microsoft Visual C++ and/or .NET Framework I suppose…
I'll go ahead and download those now, I'll tell you if it works or not.

HoodyP

Aspiring Fan
Jan 12, 2020
Also, speaking of the Microsoft C++ enviroment, it is confirmed (through it’s Booth page) that Microsoft C++ 2013 to 2019 has been confirmed tested and working… But as I said, I’m mostly just guessing and I’m not really a technical expert in the whole matter myself… As of writing this I was supposed to be sleeping rn lol (it’s literally like 5AM here)… So, I might reply again a little longer and sooner…

CatsterCatster

Official Feet Liker
Jan 20, 2022
Just making sure, Visual C++ and Visual Studio is the same thing, right?

HoodyP

Aspiring Fan
Jan 12, 2020
Just making sure, Visual C++ and Visual Studio is the same thing, right?
Not really, but in some way they are both connected in some way or another…
Visual Studio is the coding software/editor used to build TALQu (from what I know).
Microsoft Visual C++ is one of the main coding languages (i.e. base code) used in Visual Studio and many other softwares…
To put it simply, Visual Studio is the editor that programmers used to make many programs while C++ is the actual base code that runs these programs

CatsterCatster

Official Feet Liker
Jan 20, 2022
Not really, but in some way they are both connected in some way or another…
Visual Studio is the coding software/editor used to build TALQu (from what I know).
Microsoft Visual C++ is one of the main coding languages (i.e. base code) used in Visual Studio and many other softwares…
To put it simply, Visual Studio is the editor that programmers used to make many programs while C++ is the actual base code that runs these programs
I see, can you send a link to the download please?

HoodyP

Aspiring Fan
Jan 12, 2020
I see, can you send a link to the download please?
Here is for Microsoft Visual C++:
Here is for NET Framework 4.8:

If even the CPU version doesn’t work then I don’t really know what’s going on and can’t really help much… However, if you wanted a more concise way to solve the problem, recommended to just @/reply to Haruqa (the creator of TALQu) on Twitter, though you have to write it in Japanese (and also don’t spam)

CatsterCatster

Official Feet Liker
Jan 20, 2022
Here is for Microsoft Visual C++:
Here is for NET Framework 4.8:

If even the CPU version doesn’t work then I don’t really know what’s going on and just recommend @ing/reply to Haruqa (the creator of TALQu) on Twitter, though you have to write it in Japanese (and also don’t spam)
Thanks! I'vealready contacted Haruqa and they told me that it's the specs of my PC, even though I meet all the requirements except for one.

HoodyP

Aspiring Fan
Jan 12, 2020
Thanks! I'vealready contacted Haruqa and they told me that it's the specs of my PC, even though I meet all the requirements except for one.
What was that one exception? It could be somewhat of a key point into solving your problem…

HoodyP

Aspiring Fan
Jan 12, 2020
Yeah, I am pretty low
Well, then, that might be a factor into why TALQu was running slow or doesn’t work. cuz the latest version has the new Hi-fi gan Vocoder implemented into it (as well as setting it up for use at startup), and it really requires ALOT of memory to run it… So, it might be one of the factors into why it wasn’t able to load the models… Anyways, if installing Visual C++ and NET Framework doesn’t work, then it’s prob the RAM

CatsterCatster

Official Feet Liker
Jan 20, 2022
Well, then, that might be a factor into why TALQu was running slow, cuz the latest version has the new Hi-fi gan Vocoder implemented into it (as well as setting it up for use at startup), and it really requires ALOT of memory to run it… So, it might be one of the factors into why it wasn’t able to load the models… Anyways, if installing Visual C++ and NET Framework doesn’t work, then it’s prob the RAM
Alright, thank you for your help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)