• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

The Beauty Thread

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I gave up on eyeliner completely around the time lockdown came into force in my country, because trying to apply it correctly always pissed me off. (My eyeliner never looked even. I know it's difficult for everyone to try and apply eyeliner with your weak hand, but eyeliner constantly varied for me day to day. Some days, it looked perf, but other days, I looked like a raccoon. So I just gave up and let my mascara give the illusion of a slightly thicker lash base.)
Truthfully, I’m the opposite - I gave up on mascara when I started wearing glasses (around 10th grade), because my lashes are really long and if I try wearing mascara, they streak my glasses. It’s more trouble than it’s worth. :yohioloid_lili:

For eyeliner, my friend taught me a method that’s given me near-perfect (or at least consistent) results: place a dot of liner where you want the wing to end, then connect it to your eyelid. It’s a method tailored for liquid eyeliner, but I‘m sure It would work with pencil liner as well!

Krin

UTAU is my religion!!!
Feb 28, 2019
To anyone who wears makeup, how are you coping with the pandemic and mask requirements? I've only been able to wear a tiny bit of foundation on my forehead, concealer around my eyes, my eyebrow pencil and my usual eye makeup. It's annoying the crap outta me that I can't wear a good chunk of my face makeup and none of my lip makeup at all. :sad:

On the other hand, I have been experimenting with colourful eyeshadow, since I can't add colour to my lips in indoor spaces for a while.
IT SUCKS!!!! I still doll myself up with a full makeup look when I've got nowhere to go some days though :mirai_ani_lili: but usually when I'm out in public, eyeliner & mascara is petty much the only thing people are gonna see! I recently got a haircut and a new do, and now I've got straight bangs that cover my forehead to the middle of my eyebrows (don't have to do my eyebrows anymore!! :,((( ) and that with a mask, 80% of my face is covered lol. As for foundation/concealer I hardly need that either now because my skin has improved so much over the months. I think the combination of not wearing makeup as much + on a new birth control, because my skincare routine hasn't changed at all since the lockdown.

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Anyway how dare Colourpop release a Barbie collection after already releasing a Sailor Moon and Animal Crossing collection, my wallet can't handle this! But I collect Barbies so of course I have to get the Barbie collection...

• Wow
Reactions: peaches2217

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Anyway how dare Colourpop release a Barbie collection after already releasing a Sailor Moon and Animal Crossing collection, my wallet can't handle this! But I collect Barbies so of course I have to get the Barbie collection...
I'll tell you what's got me hooked: the Wet n Wild x Spongebob colab. I don't wear makeup much aside from eyeliner, and the ingredients in the skincare-leaning products are horrible (denatured alcohol is the second ingredient in the F.U.N. mist), but dammit, it's all so bright and colorful and Spongebobish!

I caved and got the Gary brush cleaner, because I do use brushes to apply SPF powder, so I can genuinely use it.

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Omg I want that collab for the sponges. I mean I already have a collection of sponges but I dont think Ive seen a single makeup collab yet do fun sponges?!?! Everyone always plays it safe with eyeshadow and lip products and what not but THEMED SPONGES?!?!?! adorable. I want the patrick one so bad haha.
I'm thinking I'll pickup at least the patrick sponge, maybe the other two, and the brush cleaner (both the gary soap bar and the krabby patty brush cleaning kit), but thats about it. The eye palette actually looks beautiful but I just own far more than I need.

To anyone who wears makeup, how are you coping with the pandemic and mask requirements? I've only been able to wear a tiny bit of foundation on my forehead, concealer around my eyes, my eyebrow pencil and my usual eye makeup. It's annoying the crap outta me that I can't wear a good chunk of my face makeup and none of my lip makeup at all. :sad:

On the other hand, I have been experimenting with colourful eyeshadow, since I can't add colour to my lips in indoor spaces for a while.
I'm just now seeing this post, but everyday I leave with a full face of makeup even lipstick on LOL. All my masks are heavily stained, and no one ever even sees what cute lip color I put on today, but I don't like leaving the house feeling incomplete haha.

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
The SpongeBob collection popped up on my Facebook a while back, and it made me sad because while you can buy Wet 'n' Wild in the UK, it's pretty much limited to Boots stores, and I don't even know if you can buy the collection here anyway...

I do adore the sponges, but they look so cute I'd never use them! If I ever saw the brush cleaner, I'd probably pick it up because despite my makeup routine becoming more minimalist over the last year, I still use at least two brushes regularly, so I would use it every so often.

I'm just now seeing this post, but everyday I leave with a full face of makeup even lipstick on LOL. All my masks are heavily stained, and no one ever even sees what cute lip color I put on today, but I don't like leaving the house feeling incomplete haha.
I can't wait until mask mandates end, so I can experiment with lipstick again. Glossier have announced the Ultra Lip, which is meant to be the satin/sheer equivalent of the matte Generation G, and I'm already in love with at least three of the colours revealed on Instagram. I've also been wearing a full face of makeup again over the last few months (masks be damned) because I've been so depressed from the situation, but with British infection and death rates decreasing over the last few months, and society opening up, it's looking more likely that mask mandates will cease in the UK at some point.

Reactions: Krin

Krin

UTAU is my religion!!!
Feb 28, 2019
I swear this pandemic has been the best thing for my skin though!! While I do really miss being able to go out in a full face of makeup, one thing that I'm really grateful for from all of this is how comfy I've become with my natural self, with minimal (and sometimes no!!!) makeup on! My skin has cleared up a lot too so now when I go to my classes I don't really have to do much for coverage. It feels so empowering to finally be happy with my own skin because it's something I've struggled with for a long time, which I think only made my skin problems worse since I'd be piling on foundation and concealer every day.

A few weeks ago I was doing a major cleaning of my bathroom at home and I noticed I had been storing a lot of makeup that I never really used much, and now with covid and all and not even wearing half the makeup I used to last year, it was a little easier to throw some out. I had so many old eyeshadow pallets and I kinda just forgot about a lot of them too. It was still a little tough though parting with my lipsticks, but some of them were old and gross so they had to go! But omggg it felt so good to finally get rid of the things I hardly used. Now my collection consists of really only the things I KNOW I'd wear, and my most used items. It's oddly satisfying to look at my now only-kinda-big makeup collection lol.

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
cry. i wish this pandemic had cleared my skin :kaito_lili: :kaito_lili: :kaito_lili:
ive been on minocycline for the second time and for about a month my face was showing some progress but i guess i got immune to it or something cause its just as bad as before. :( i go up to the next medication next month and then after 3 months of that i go on accutane. :cyberdiva_ani_lili:

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
My skin has cleared up a lot over the pandemic too, since I decided to spend more of my time on skincare while indoors. Now I only get localised outbreaks on my chin every so often, and this is an improvement on my teen years, when I would have spots appearing everywhere lol.

Reactions: WyndReed and Krin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)