• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Underrated producers?

andantina

Jun 10, 2020
ashes to ashes
- nekomura / catnap
chill pop and lounge music. sometimes the producer does duets with Miku which is cute
- HiRyang
mostly happy-sounding Korean electropop songs, but dabbles in other genres. he deserves to be at over 1,000 subs already
- Shirokuma Keshigomu / シロクマ消しゴム
More electropop, this time in Japanese
- saiB
other than their song Pyrokinesis they're super obscure, which is a shame since their production style is reallllllly cool
- deeepiii
one of the only English-speaking vocalsynth producers that has a distinctive style of lyric writing

(edit: added channel links)

Reactions: sketchesofpayne

Katastrophe

Not An Actual Phoenix
Apr 8, 2018
Seconding ANGL, I love the Len rock song they composed this year!

I cannot recommend Takagi Masu enough. Their tuning style is so unique and fun to listen to and their music style is reminiscent of Ringo and Maretu with bits of Wowaka, but it still makes for a unique listen. I'm glad subbers like Magenetra subbed their work otherwise I wouldn't have found them at all.

I also think SocialPhobiaSynaps deserves more attention. They only drop a song once a year but their glitchpop style is amazing and also all of their songs are part of an ARG, with (what I think is) the culmination being their latest song REVERSE EDEN, which was tuned by Creuzer!

I'd also like to rec UmiKazeTaiyouP, who does really good work with Miku's mid-range (and I love their songs that use Miku Solid!). I would describe their style as jazzy rock (or just straight up jazz).

I really wish more people would check these producers out because they have such great songs and they really deserve more eyeballs on them...

Krin

UTAU is my religion!!!
Feb 28, 2019
Let me introduce you all to saikawa!

I just found out about them while searching around vocadb and I am so so glad I did. They have a very "feel good" vibe in a lot of their songs. They're still a bit new to the scene though and only have a few songs out so far but I went through all of them and they do not have one bad song!!! Imo at least! Genuinely enjoyed each one.

A side note is I'm so happy to see small producers like this give out the instrumental in their songs! Too many times have I come across a hidden gem and want to cover it only to find out they didn't have an instrumental available to the public. Very happy about this though because saikawa's songs are definitely my taste.

Drawing_Monkies_01

Who Needs Sleep Anyway?
Sep 18, 2021
Ohio, USA
There's this one producer called Oichan-P who hasn't uploaded on Nico Nico since 2013 and (to my knowledge) doesn't have a Youtube. They mainly used the Kagamines and had this bear-mascot-thing in every one of their music videos. Their songs and art are really simplistic and kind of odd, but really charming (they also use a lot of video game and (I think?) Japanese pop culture references). Their portrayal of Rin and Len in their songs are also really funny

I've never heard anyone talk about this person, which is sad, but not surprising. They didn't get too many views on most of their songs and I can only find two english translated videos on YT. I really like their songs and wish that more people knew them.

Here is a link to their NND account and the reuploads of their songs on YT (only the first two songs are eng sub, the other two are not):

NND: ニコニコ

sketchesofpayne

Listening to Hatsune Miku since 2007
Jan 21, 2021
www.youtube.com
LIQ
For months I've been doing what I can to draw attention to LIQ. He's been putting out quality metal and rock music consistently since 2008. This past year he's experimented with a rock/rap hybrid style. Something I'm not hearing anywhere else in the Vocaloid community. In some of his older work he's used Yuzuki Yukari. In his newest songs he's been using Miku, Rin, and Len together as a trio.

For years I had a bunch of random Vocaloid hard rock/metal songs I had downloaded loaded on my MP3 player. I listened to it over and over again. They didn't have good song ID data, so I didn't really know who the producers were, or even what half the song titles were. It was only much, much later that I discovered the playlist was mostly Utsu-P, yuyoyuppe, and LIQ.

He has produced over a hundred original songs and his work has been included seven compilation albums. I'm baffled as to why he doesn't get more recognition.

Latest Release: "Digital Rhyme Chaser"
Fast rap vocals combined with electrorock riffs

poser

sekai liker
Mar 27, 2020
www.youtube.com
blues : very cute and like fast paced music! hard for me to describe

KISARA (im bad at describing music my bad)
AegisSan-p - makes cute engloid songs
blackshockbox
faulheight - their music reminds me of the 2014 era of vocaloid, so i like it alot
EO -エオ- . makes alot of laid back type music but dabbles in other styles

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)