• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Unpopular Opinions

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
I like Meiko's V1 and V3 designs about the same. It really was just kind of a facelift between the two, and I think it was done well.
I actually like Kaito's V1 more than his V3 but they're both good. Mostly I just miss his tacky khaki's with the arrows on them. Petition for Kaito NT to have pants with arrows again, even if they're still the blue pants from V3.

Tbh I like Ann's boxart. Considering she and Al had a Frankenstein's monster + Frankenstein's bride thing going on, it makes some sense. Al's original boxart matched hers stylistically too, so. I do wish she'd been given an animu design to match Al's current one though, since they look weird next to each other now--

And, I like Nana V4's design a lot but I do miss her V3/UTAU design sometimes too. They're both good!!

___

Oct 8, 2019
All the designs are just fine I think, having pink accent in her design for her eng vb is super cute and def better than her holding american flag gzhu I did like the previous artstyle better but at least the current artist isnt drawing her with that ridiculous looking bust so Im not complaining that much :teto_lili:

• Haha
Reactions: Leon

ikaroll

I wanna scream
Jan 23, 2020
My computer
Tbh I like Ann's boxart. Considering she and Al had a Frankenstein's monster + Frankenstein's bride thing going on, it makes some sense. Al's original boxart matched hers stylistically too, so. I do wish she'd been given an animu design to match Al's current one though, since they look weird next to each other now--
I’m pretty sure Sweet Ann had another design?

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Yeah all the V2 Engloids got Taiwanese designs, but even default Al has that anime design now and I wish Ann had been given one if only to match him.

Also I think an unpopular opinion?? I hate Taiwanese Prima with a fiery passion. Popular Prima designs already offend me for being so cutesy moe, when her voice is very regal and elegant, but Taiwanese Prima is even worse. She doesn't even have like a normal art, only a chibi-ish one. God it annoys me.

ikaroll

I wanna scream
Jan 23, 2020
My computer
You mean this one right?

This design was used by e-capsule which was a company that just distributed her to China.
Ah that makes a lot of sense. I don’t remember seeing that design on any English Sweet Ann voicebanks

Yeah all the V2 Engloids got Taiwanese designs, but even default Al has that anime design now and I wish Ann had been given one if only to match him.

Also I think an unpopular opinion?? I hate Taiwanese Prima with a fiery passion. Popular Prima designs already offend me for being so cutesy moe, when her voice is very regal and elegant, but Taiwanese Prima is even worse. She doesn't even have like a normal art, only a chibi-ish one. God it annoys me.
I just looked at her Taiwanese design and wHY it doesn’t even seem close to a design that would fit her voice.

• Sad

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
I just looked at her Taiwanese design and wHY it doesn’t even seem close to a design that would fit her voice.
EXACTLY UGH
I love all the other Taiwanese designs, even if I typically deign to draw default Tonio and Al. But Sonika's has practically become her default design, and Ann's has been incorporated to some extent with her popular designs, which is lovely.

EDIT: Although again, I don't think the giddy cutesy tutu Prima that people draw is fitting either. I just draw her with her hair up in an elegant black dress usually, myself. Fits Tonio too, since the two are meant to be counterparts.

Reactions: peaches2217

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Ahh Sonika has a lot of similar-ish designs so I get them mixed up sometimes. Thank you!

ikaroll

I wanna scream
Jan 23, 2020
My computer
All the designs are just fine I think, having pink accent in her design for her eng vb is super cute and def better than her holding american flag gzhu I did like the previous artstyle better but at least the current artist isnt drawing her with that ridiculous looking bust so Im not complaining that much :teto_lili:
The previous art style wasn’t bad by any means, but there was the bust which turned me off. I’m just glad that the outfit looks better, and having pink instead of green accents is acceptable.

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
I actually lowkey miss Nana's old artstyle. I felt like it had a lot of personality, and I had no real issues with her having big boobs -- yeah the chest was drawn a bit unrealistically, but the proportions of all of it was a bit silly which I thought was fine. Her new art is super cute by all means, and I enjoy both the pink and green versions (+ the ruffles are super cute) but I just don't like the art style quiiiite as much :')

Reactions: peaches2217

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
Whenever people say Prima's Taiwanese design looks too young tbh it comes off as utter nonsense to me. Like, there's a good chance her VP was fairly young- people under the age of 40 are allowed to sing opera? It's entirely fair if you just don't like it, but opera was traditionally sung by singers in their 20s/30s- it only started skewing older towards the end of the 20th century as the genre fell out of fashion.

I don't like IA English C, it doesn't sound good, like, at all. I'd like to hear a native English bank on CeVIO to get an idea of it' actual English capabilities!

Reactions: Leon and Aia

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Whenever people say Prima's Taiwanese design looks too young tbh it comes off as utter nonsense to me. Like, there's a good chance her VP was fairly young- people under the age of 40 are allowed to sing opera? It's entirely fair if you just don't like it, but opera was traditionally sung by singers in their 20s/30s- it only started skewing older towards the end of the 20th century as the genre fell out of fashion.

I don't like IA English C, it doesn't sound good, like, at all. I'd like to hear a native English bank on CeVIO to get an idea of it' actual English capabilities!
A. That's totally fair, but Prima's voice doesn't sound young and moe to me. Taiwanese Prima just doesn't suit her voice at all, imo. A young design would be fine if it wasn't all cutesy. But I mean, you are of course allowed to love the design -- to each their own!!

B. Oh big agree. Her tone is sort of off to me?? I'd like to hear another English CeVIO too! :)

Reactions: TheStarPalace

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I don't hate IA English, but I'm really not in love with it and I'm kind of disappointed because I was very excited for an English IA bank...to be truthful, I really don't like the engine noise of cevio and it's so harsh with IA. I wish her english would have been a Vocaloid vb.

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
I doubt a native English voicebank would be much better than IA English. Lia's English may not be native but from what I’ve heard of it she’s fluent enough I can’t believe it would make a significant difference. That said, I kind of like IA English so I want more English banks anyway X’D

I feel like CeVIO's phonetics system is missing something, somehow? I don’t know much about phonetics though so I could be wrong

(That and I want the deep learning update @ CeVIO gods please. It may not be perfect but it does seem to smooth the results enough for my tastes)

Reactions: Aia and Leon

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
I doubt a native English voicebank would be much better than IA English. Lia's English may not be native but from what I’ve heard of it she’s fluent enough I can’t believe it would make a significant difference. That said, I kind of like IA English so I want more English banks anyway X’D
Yuu Asakawa is pretty fluent in English too, but Luka V4X still has a lot of weird accent issues. (She's still good but like)

Also some of the issues probably happen on the coding end, when the people setting up the engine phenomes aren't fully fluent- I know GUMI got hit really hard by that, supposedly.

Sep 21, 2019
The actual voices for Vocaloid are good, however the actual editor... not so much. You can't draw the exact pitchbends you want; you have to guess by drawing on a green bar at the bottom of the screen. You can't even see the pitchbends at all when you work in the actual editor unless you render them, but as soon as you change something, they disappear. The interface is also just plain clunky. How the actual hell do any of you get anything done in there?? (Honestly, I have a new respect for anyone that uses the Vocaloid editor and not Piapro.)

I think Piapro Studio is much, much better. The only thing I hate is that it's a VST only.

UTAU definitely has the better manner of tuning. Outdated as it is, at least I can see what I'm doing, and despite it being outdated, it still holds up incredibly well! (Now if only we could get a brightness parameter and the envelope editor from UTAU synth, I'd have everything I need.)

Edit: I also don't like SynthV's style of tuning, but I do really like the interface! I haven't had the chance to use it much since most of the voicebanks don't really suit my needs. (Aka not enough Japanese voicebanks for a cover artist who mainly does Japanese covers. ;-;)

(This was made by the person behind a computer screen who's currently trying to figure out how to use V4, lol.)

Last edited:

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I just got used to Vocaloid because I didn't realize for a long time that there were other options. (I'd tried Piapro, but for some reason it would never load on my old laptop, and once I did start using it I kept getting frustrated at how Piapro will keep playing a few notes after you hit Pause or Stop... which is still one of my only complaints against it.) Since discovering more and more editors, I've really come to believe Vocaloid gives you the least amount of precision and control. Like, making pitch bends in UTAU is a little tedious, but it at least lets you do exactly what you want to do. So I'm with you on this one, Kazumi.

I'm a little scared about whether or not Piapro for NT will mess with being able to use Piapro for V4X, because I do NOT want to go back to the Vocaloid editor for my non-Crypton VBs.

Sep 21, 2019
I'm a little scared about whether or not Piapro for NT will mess with being able to use Piapro for V4X, because I do NOT want to go back to the Vocaloid editor for my non-Crypton VBs.
I'm sure it won't mess with Piapro for V4x since Piapro V4x was made using Vocaloid's API. Piapro NT seems to be a complete overhaul of the software rather than just an update, and I can't see any reason why Piapro V4x would no longer work. ^u^

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I'm sure it won't mess with Piapro for V4x since Piapro V4x was made using Vocaloid's API. Piapro NT seems to be a complete overhaul of the software rather than just an update, and I can't see any reason why Piapro V4x would no longer work. ^u^
Phew! I hope you're right. I know it'll probably all be well, but paranoia, y'know? 😅

In terms of ease of use, here's how I'd personally rank the editors I've used:
  • Synthesizer V > Piapro Studio > CeVIO > Vocaloid > UTAU.
(UTAU has a much steeper learning curve, in my opinion, but ultimately gives you more control than Vocaloid; that said, Vocaloid's what I started out with, and I just recently started using UTAU, so my perception may be warped.)

EDIT: I didn't wanna give UTAU too much flak for the above reasons, but ultimately, it's still harder for me to use than Vocaloid, so I adjusted my ratings as such.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)