• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Vocal Synth Releases of 2021 + Voicebanks Announced for 2022

Who was your favorite synth of 2021?

• Nakumo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. 7

• Koharu Rikka

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Tsurumaki Maki

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Tsuina-chan

• Qingsu

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Eleanor Forte AI

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • ANRI

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • KAFU

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • ROSA

• Iori Yuzuru

• Adachi Rei (Replivoice)

• Total voters

TheStarPalace

Hardcore Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Who's ready for another yearly roundup of all the synths released this year?! This is a spiritual successor to my other thread, which had a similar concept. I'd also like to revisit that thread and give updates on the synths I talked about there.
I've noticed a lot less confusion among fans about new synth releases, but there are still more than ever and they're split up across multiple engines. There were also a few new programs developed this year to mostly positive feedback. Talking vocal synths have been extremely popular, with A.I.VOICE rising to prominence. The Western community is mostly excited about English voices like Maki, Anri, and Solaria but here's some updates about other synthesizers if you're interested. Feel free to add ones I forgot to the list!

Vocaloid - Updates for Yuezheng Ling, Luo Tianyi, and Yanhe are all planned and demos have been posted for them, but they are not commercially released.

Neutrino - Was released last year. Hasn't regained its peak of popularity, but is used by producers mostly on Niconico. Two new voices were released for it this year; Nakumo, the first male Neutrino, and No. 7, an expressive voice provided by Kotori Koiwai, the actress behind the Vocaloids Meika Hime and Mikoto. Zunko also got an AI neutrino Database this year.

Synthesizer V- Synth V was updated last year and had AI functionality added. A number of popular releases came out this year, with Rikka being the most popular among Japanese producers. The first Mandarin AI voice was released this month.
  • Koharu Rikka AI - 3/18
  • Koharu Rikka Standard - 3/18
  • Tsurumaki Maki AI (Japanese) - 6/18
  • Tsurumaki Maki AI (English) - 6/18
  • Tsurumaki Maki Standard (Japanese) - 6/18
  • Tsurumaki Maki Standard (English) - 6/18
  • Tsuina-chan AI - 11/26
  • Tsuina-chan Standard - 11/26
  • Qingsu - 12/1
  • Eleanor Forte AI - 12/6
  • ANRI - 12/11

CeVIO/CeVIO AI - Like Synth V, Cevio has had many successful releases this year. (And some, er...controversial ones.) The number of talk banks released are almost enough to rival AIVOICE's releases this year. I tried to use product names for this list, but some are long/hard to remember and don't specify if it's a song or talk bank, so I tried to.
  • Yuzuki Yukari Rei - 1/29
  • Tohoku Kiritan CEVIO AI - 2/12
  • IA TALK - 3/12
  • ONE TALK - 3/12
  • Koharu Rikka Talk Voice - 3/18
  • Tsurumaki Maki Talk Voice (Japanese) - 6/18
  • Tsurumaki Maki Talk Voice (English) - 6/18
  • KAFU - 7/7
  • Satou Sasara CeVIO AI - 8/5
  • IA Cevio AI - 10/27
  • ONE Cevio AI - 10/27
  • IA English AI - 10/27
  • FEE-chan Cevio AI Talk - 11/26
  • ROSA Cevio AI Talk - 12/17

A.I.VOICE - AIVOICE has always been a prominent character based talking synth, but it rose to new heights this year. The Kotonohas received multiple new and updated voices, and a new character was released, Yuzuru. The UTAU Adachi Rei had a successful crowdfunded and got a talk bank of her own. The AIVOICE Announcers are a set of four professionally oriented voicebanks and can be seen at the bottom of the official site. Akari (Tsubomi) is technically a future release, but she's coming only a few days after I write this, so I felt it better to put her on the actual list.
  • Kotonoha Aoi/Kotonoha Aoi Tsubomi - 2/22
  • Kotonoha Akane/Kotonoha Akame Tsubomi - 2/22
  • Iori Yuzuru - 2/22
  • AIVOICE Announcers -7/21
  • Yuzuki Yukari /Yuzuki Yukari Shizuku - 10/22
  • Adachi Rei (Replivoice) - 10/23
  • Kotonoha Akane and Aoi English - 12/10
  • Kizuna Akari/Kizuna Akari Tsubomi - 12/24

Piapro Studio New Type - Miku's Dark and Whisper voices for NT were released this year and I had no idea! Oops!
  • Hatsune Miku NT Dark+ - 6/24
  • Hatsune Miku NT Whisper+ - 6/24

AmadeuSY - Another AI-based vocal synth with a single developer. Two previous UTAUs have voices for this software, with one more planning to be made.
  • Namine Ritsu AI - 8/6
  • Akesato AI - 10/15

NNSVS - This was meant to be an AI based synth that lets users make their own voicebanks. The project isn't super active, but the UTAU Namine Ritsu got a voice for it this year.
  • Namine Ritsu - 9/1
Coefont - A talk synth released this year. Has a couple free voices named Allial and Millial, but some UTAU users, etc have applied to make their own Coefont voices. I don't have concrete release dates for them, sorry

Vocalsharp - A Chinese synthesizer that allows users to make their own voices for it. I...have no idea if it's been released or not since most of the information about it is confined to a QQ group, but it generated some buzz earlier in the year. Here's a newer demo.

ACE Virtual Singer - An app-based Chinese AI vocal synth. Currently has 13 different voices.

Maghni AI - The team has been updating their progress every month. They how have a functioning engine with basic features. A demo was posted in September but few other concrete announcements have been made.

X Studio - Singer(X Studio · 歌手) - An AI based synth created by Microsoft. It's still open to hiring new vocalists. Their official website is still out of date and you need to install the program to see all the singers. However, according to a fansite for the software, there have been over 20 different singers added in 2021. My personal favorite is Mu Lingxian (a sample of him can be heard by clicking the play button in the upper right).

The last release I'll mention is REV, CUL's male counterpart who got a free Deepvocal voice on 5/24.

Future Releases
And now we get to the real fun part. The announcements, speculation, and teasers! Get out your bingo cards and your predictions. Maybe a surprise release will happen again! Or...new Vocaloids will be released? There are no less than seven AIVOICE products planned to release in the future, along with 4 confirmed Synth Vs and 4 Cevios. Thanks to the users on this forum for making threads about some of these projects!

Confirmed
  • SOLARIA (Synthesizer V) - 1/19/2022
  • Kyomachi Seika (Synthesizer V) - 1/27/2022
  • Tohoku Itako (CeVIO AI Song) - 1/27/2022
  • Tohoku Zunko (CeVIO AI Song) - 1/27/2022
  • Unoka (AIVOICE) - Early 2022
  • Natsuki Karin (Synthesizer V) - April 2022
    Natsuki Karin (Cevio Talk) - April 2022
  • SEKAI (Cevio AI) - Spring 2022
  • Hanakuma Chifuyu (Synthesizer V) - June 2022
  • AIVOICE Shiki Rowen and Shiki Taigen - 2022
  • Rosa (Synthesizer V) - 2022
  • Male Synthesizer V AI voice - early 2022
  • Hanakuma Chifuyu (Cevio Talk) - Unclear release date
  • Ria AIVOICE - Unclear release date
  • Tange Kotoe AIVOICE - Unclear release date
  • Quadimension AI updates - Unclear release date, Cangqiong AI Beta is out already
Speculative
  • Eleanor Forte Standard Update
    • Dreamtonics has mentioned considering an update to Eleanor Standard, but it's unlikely to happen next year.
  • Rosa English Synth V/Rosa English Talk
    • Rosa's Synthesizer V voice was confirmed to come out in 2022. HirotoP has mentioned wanting to make English voice databases for her, but it's not clear if those were serious plans or just a hypothetical idea. In any case, there will be more news on Rosa next year.
  • GENBU AI
    • A Genbu update technically wasn't DEconfirmed, but I won't hold my breath when it comes to anything Genbu related for the time being. There's also his friends in the VirVox Project who have never been confirmed to get Synthesizer V voicebanks but are synth-adjacent.
  • Stardust Synth V
    • Stardust Synth V as a concept was pitched years ago, but never got much follow up until recently. An updated version of her for Synth V was announced to be in production on August 25, and there's concept art for 3 designs of her. Recordings for her are supposedly finished by now. The main programmer of Quadimension noted he wanted to make an AI voice for Stardust, so she's probably AI and not Standard.
Thanks for reading! Have a great winter holiday and New Year!

Attachments

Last edited:

___

Oct 8, 2019
Rosa Japanese + English Synth V/Rosa English Talk
  • Correct me if I'm wrong, Rosa was meant to have singing banks but I don't think they are confirmed yet? Her Cevio Talk voice did need to be crowdfunded, so probably other crowdfunds will be done for the other banks. In any case, there will be more news on her in 2022.
There are plans for Rosa's singing vb for next year.

And she's officially eligible for running a SynthV crowdfund so that's most likely to be expected.

Also hopefully this is an okay place to ask, how concrete are the plans for Rosa's english voicebanks? I recall them being as more of a speculative concept on HirotoP's part before the final vp was chosen, I, however, might be misremembering things, I'm just not sure of their validity or chances of them happening are on par with her japanese voicebanks so I'm wondering.

Last edited:

YOYo_MAMA

I am Thou and Thou aren't Shit...
Oct 19, 2018
I believe the remaining Tohoku sisters, Itako and Zunko will be in Cevio AI Sing. It's still to early but it was tweeted by AHS.

Reactions: TheStarPalace

TheStarPalace

Hardcore Fan
Apr 8, 2018
I added Zunko and Itako's Cevio AI databases to the list, and updated Seika's release date for Synth V!

There are plans for Rosa's singing vb for next year.

And she's officially eligible for running a SynthV crowdfund so that's most likely to be expected.

Also hopefully this is an okay place to ask, how concrete are the plans for Rosa's english voicebanks? I recall them being as more of a speculative concept on HirotoP's part before the final vp was chosen, I, however, might be misremembering things, I'm just not sure of their validity or chances of them happening are on par with her japanese voicebanks so I'm wondering.
Looked into this; I remember Hiroto tweeting about it but looking around, I couldn't find much other than this tweet about using CeVIO if he wanted to produce an English version of Rosa. But it's obviously just a "what-if" type thing and not an actual announcement. I changed the part about that in the original post accordingly.

choripan

New Fan
Aug 6, 2021
You should add the AI updates for all the 6 Quadimension SynthVs... announced like 2 minutes ago and coming out in 2 hours.
EDIT: one is coming today, the rest probably will take more time

Last edited:

TheStarPalace

Hardcore Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Added the Quadimension AI updates and the newly revealed release period of the male AI voice for Synth V! Though I'd rather keep news about certain projects to their own threads; this one is mostly to recap 2021 vocal synth releases.

TheStarPalace

Hardcore Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Big update for the Xstudio section of the original post- I found a fansite for Xstudio that has profiles of all the singers and tabs to find songs using them. There were a little over 20 new voices added this year it seems. According to update logs, a batch of singers are added at once, so most of them have the same "release dates". Also Eleanor AI seems to be winning the poll by a landslide! It's no wonder, seeing as Eleanor was already very popular and any update for her would garner a lot of attention. :lapis_ani_lili: :eleanorforte_lili:

Reactions: aru ii and lIlI

aru ii

Your Neighborhood Tianyi Enthusiast!
Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor
Big update for the Xstudio section of the original post- I found a fansite for Xstudio that has profiles of all the singers and tabs to find songs using them. There were a little over 20 new voices added this year it seems. According to update logs, a batch of singers are added at once, so most of them have the same "release dates". Also Eleanor AI seems to be winning the poll by a landslide! It's no wonder, seeing as Eleanor was already very popular and any update for her would garner a lot of attention. :lapis_ani_lili: :eleanorforte_lili:
Ty so much! I always wanted to get to know the singers from xstudio (and xstudio itself) better, but never found any resources, so this is really helpful :ia_ani_lili:

Reactions: TheStarPalace

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)