• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID VOCALOID 5 news

VocaMew

That one Mew fan
Apr 8, 2018
twitter.com
Does anyone know the details of potential physical versions for Vocaloid 5 and/or Sora?
I might just buy a new V5 Editor and hold onto V4. V5 doesn’t support V2 voicebanks and I still wanna use SONiKA.

Reactions: Chickadee

sleepysheep7

GET OFF MY LAWN YOU WHIPPERSNAPPERS!!!
Apr 8, 2018
Does anyone know the details of potential physical versions for Vocaloid 5 and/or Sora?
I might just buy a new V5 Editor and hold onto V4. V5 doesn’t support V2 voicebanks and I still wanna use SONiKA.
If you imported her into V3/V4 wouldn't that make her compatible with v5?

sleepysheep7

GET OFF MY LAWN YOU WHIPPERSNAPPERS!!!
Apr 8, 2018
Is that how that works? I actually have no idea, we’ll see.
I mean I don't see why not. I know you couldn't directly go from V2 to V5 but if you imported from V2 than V3/V4 than V5 that would technically meet the requirements.

RawBeansP

feng yi supremacy
Apr 8, 2018
elsewhere looking for oarfish
bummer. I would of thought you could work around it with the imports but I guess not.
to my understanding V2 banks work very differently from V3/4 and it was what was holding back Vocaloid from actually spreading out, so I'm not at all surprised. I am very sad tho and I wish ZG and PFX and Sony would just port their Vocaloids at this point

Reactions: MillyAqualine

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
For V5 itself, I'm not sure if it'll have a physical (knowing Yamaha, probably not). Sora doesn't have a starter pack, but she is available for purchase on AHS' site which only sells physicals.

Reactions: VocaMew

VocaMew

That one Mew fan
Apr 8, 2018
twitter.com
Another major thing in the Vocaloid walkthrough video
You can put breaths into the editor, in addition to a whole bunch of super cool stuff to the vocals themselves
This might be the best thing ever

Also, does anyone know if the new V5 perameters and tools work on V3 and V4 vocals used in the editor?

Last edited:

melodicake

obnoxious vsynth user
My friends and I were screaming over discord while aggressively refreshing the page and the moment the page went up I lost my shit. I'm still in shock, haha. I'm most upset that the editor isn't standalone anymore and you HAVE to buy it with default voicebanks but ehh, hopefully I can save up enough for both the editor and Sora since those are the ones I want the most. Roughly $250 is gonna be hard, though...

I'm beyond impressed with the engine though. It's so clear!! High quality!! REALISTIC!!! Aside from the bundle issue and the price, this is amazing. I honestly thought V5 would just be an update like V4 was (+ 2 features and thats it) but Yamaha really delivered. I can't wait to see the other voicebanks released!

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Apr 8, 2018
???, New York
Gone, apparently.

(most are old parameters, but with new names)
I really like cross synth. It would be sad to see it go. There is a parameter called Character. Could this be new xsy?

I really should’ve picked up VY2V3 when I had the chance. I’m not sure I can stomach 250 plus another hundred to use his vbs now.

Hopefully the next Crypton V5X won’t be as pricey.

Trevor

?
May 2, 2018
From what I can gather from v5 is that it is mainly a change in direction for Yamaha. Rather than cater to the community, yamaha went in the direction of making it look like a modern, semi-professional synth. I believe v5 does carry some engine improvements, but the main upgrades seem to be packaging and ease of use. For example, Yamaha changed the parameter names so they would be better understood and added a bunch of automated tuning features so musicians could achieve usable vocals without having to basically learn a new instrument.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)