• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID Vocaloid producer wowaka passes away at age 31.

BigScreenTV

A Creature of Want, Filled with Noodles
Aug 2, 2018
Whoa...the Unhappy Refrain album came out a long time ago but it didn't feel that long to me. I remember my sister playing Rolling Girl and Two-faced Lovers in the car when I was young, and being completely in the dark as to what the lyrics were and what they meant.

I got into Hitorie a year ago, but I didn't realize that wowaka was part of it until a few months ago, and then the occasional feeling of "this part feels like a Vocaloid song I heard before" made sense.

Rest in peace wowaka, and thank you for your music and the emotions that it sprouted.

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
rest in peace, wowaka san..
he was still young, like most of vocaloid producers, and to die at such a young age is something difficult to accept. Till the end, he enjoyed his passion for music with his band members, and wherever he is now, I wish him the best luck and a good rest. From now on, listening to his vocaloid songs will be sad, but is the best we can do to keep him in our memories.
thank you wowaka san..

Ceres

「会いたかった」
May 13, 2018
I woke up by a strange tweet by Neru, and I couldn't understand what it really meant. As I saw more tweets wowaka was being yet again being metioned; drawings, hashtags... I really feared for the worst the more content appeared so I rushed to see if it was true... And it is. It's really difficult to acept the fact that his gone, like always I think stuff like "Couldn't have it prevented?" I really wish we could go back in time...
He will be greatly missed and we'll always think of him, his work will resonate forever.
Thank you, wowaka.

Reactions: WyndReed and Mika

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
I was listening to Wowaka's discography the other day and then I hear this...

The cause of death has been listed as acute heart failure. Heart problems are awful for anyone of any age, but as a young adult, dying from a health issue like that is terrifying. Rollin' Girl in particular helped me get through a lot of crap in high school (even though the actual lyrics are ambiguous), and Two-Faced Lovers is still one of my favourite Miku songs. I remember getting excited over Unknown Mother Goose suddenly dropping two years back as well - knowing that Wowaka will never release another Vocaloid track now is painful to me.

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
I just learned about the passing of wowaka-san half an hour ago (I was at work so I didn't read about it earlier). This news is beyond sad.

I'm devastated, he was and is one of my all time favourite producers. May he rest in peace. His legacy will live on, he and his music will never be forgotten.

Thank You, wowaka-san for everything you gave us.

RYO

New Fan
Aug 29, 2018
Wowaka has a special place in my heart, from Uraomote Lovers to Rolling Girl to World's end Dancehall, to Unknown Mother Goose.
This is a very very sad day for a vocaloid fans.

Last edited:

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
This is very sad news that’s really made me avoid reading things so I wouldn’t get too down.
Wowaka is was so talented and definitely impactful in my life, especially when I was getting into Vocaloid. I remember when I first starting learnung to sing, my goal was to hit all the notes in Rolling Girl.
Rest in peace, wowaka.

Reactions: David K.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)