• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VocaVerse Secret Santa 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

razelberii

Bless the Lord, O my Soul
Apr 8, 2018
雨リカ
razzyru.com
❄ Welcome to VocaVerse Secret Santa 2019! ❄

This year, we are starting a new event, a Secret Santa event! :miku_winter_lili:

The idea is for you to receive a name, give this person a gift, and another person will do the same as well, since they received your name!
Everyone has something to give and receive!

❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

Sign-ups for the event will take place November 10 - 18. We will then be sending names to the Secret Santas to begin preparing their gifts during the following week. (November 19 - 23).

This will give users about a month to prepare their gift. Gifts will be distributed during the week of Christmas and after (December 22 - January 4).

There are three types of gifts to choose from:
- Song
- Artwork
- Short Story

When filling out the form, select which choices you would like (by preference), and select which option you will contribute.

There is also a spot on the form to fill out for specifications (such as, a certain character, theme, etc.). Please share any specifics you may have to help guide your Secret Santa!

We hope everyone enjoys Secret Santa this year!

Sign-ups are now closed!

❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

⛄ Rules:

- Participants will require a VocaVerse account to join this event.

- Those who sign up must agree to distribute a gift during the week of (December 22 - January 4). If you have filled out the form, then realize you cannot reach these specifications, please contact a member of the staff.

- Your Secret Santa gift must follow VocaVerse Network rules and guidelines. Your contribution must not include inappropriate content. This includes, but is not limited to: nudity, explicit, offensive, illegal and other inappropriate content.

- If you have filled out the form and have not received a name after the 23rd, please contact a member of the staff.

- Remember that your shared themes and interests may not be used in your gift. They are recommendations to help your Secret Santa with creating your gift, but some elements may potentially be left out in the final result of your gift.

- Please know this is a new event taking place on VocaVerse. If the event is successful, we hope to carry the event to the next year and improve from now. Any helpful insights or feedback is appreciated.

- If you have any questions, you may send a message, or ask in the thread below.

:miku_ani_lili: For Song:
  • You are encouraged to share a song that is at least over 1 minute and 30 seconds long. It can be either an original song, or a cover of a song.
  • When creating an original, please do not steal or copy from another song.

:seeu_ani_lili: For Artwork:
  • You are encouraged to create a piece of work in color, over 1000px x 1000px in size.
  • You can do traditional or digital artwork. If you are drawing traditionally, we recommend getting access to a good scanner so you can easily send the drawing to your Secret Santa.
  • Please do not trace or copy another illustration.
:ryuuto_ani_lili: For Short Story:
  • You are encouraged to write a story that is over 1500 characters in length.
  • You may write something original or inspired by a song. Please avoid plagiarism.

Please note: if your Secret Santa specifies otherwise (such as: 30 second song or pixel art that is 32px x 32px), the above rules don’t apply.

❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

We hope everyone enjoys this new event taking place right here on the forums!
Have fun everyone, and an early merry Christmas from us to you as well! :maika_winter_lili:

Last edited:

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I just got news that my dorm isnt doing a gift exchange because no one wanted to do one so this is very exciting to me :lapis_ani_lili: Thank you for hosting this, I hope lots of people join!

Reactions: razelberii

razelberii

Apr 8, 2018
雨リカ
razzyru.com
Ho ho ho, everyone!

A reminder there are three days left for sign ups!
Today, tomorrow, and the day after!
Sign-ups will be ending the evening of November 18.
If you are interested, please don't forget to sign up before then!

Thank you for all those who have already joined! We hope to make the first year of Secret Santa on VocaVerse an awesome one :maika_winter_lili:

razelberii

Apr 8, 2018
雨リカ
razzyru.com
Good morning, Santas!

The names for our Secret Santa 2019 event have been distributed through PM on VocaVerse!

Please remember to respond for confirmation, or reply for any questions or concerns
If you did not receive a name, please send a PM to one of our staff.

I will be checking in with each Santa each week, starting November 30.
Good luck to all, and I look forward to seeing the result of this event! :xinhua_winter_lili:

___

Oct 8, 2019
Wouldn't it be kind of nice to see what people have created for others and have designed thread for that/post it into this thread?? That is, if people want to do it of course. But I dunno, it's just an idea I had. Just wanted to put it out there to see how you and other people feel about it :yohioloid_lili:

razelberii

Apr 8, 2018
雨リカ
razzyru.com
Wouldn't it be kind of nice to see what people have created for others and have designed thread for that/post it into this thread?? That is, if people want to do it of course. But I dunno, it's just an idea I had. Just wanted to put it out there to see how you and other people feel about it :yohioloid_lili:
It's something I should have clarified in the rules, to be honest! If your receiver gives the OK, I think it would be fun to see everyone's gifts!
I'll leave it between the Secret Santa and the Receiver of the gift to choose if it's okay to have it public or keep it private.
As for where to share, it's possible it can be in this thread!

Also, when comes final time for gift distribution, the Secret Santa can send a PM directly to the Receiver to give the gift too; thought I would clarify that just in case as well!

Reactions: ___

razelberii

Apr 8, 2018
雨リカ
razzyru.com
Yo Santas!

Week 1 Check-ups are now in progress!

Please check your PMs and send an update of any progress you may have! I have already received replies from many already!

Remember since this is only the first week, it's okay and understandable to have little progress

I hope everyone enjoyed their week! It's already December! Maybe it will snow? :flower_winter_lili:

Reactions: Aia and peaches2217

razelberii

Apr 8, 2018
雨リカ
razzyru.com
santa_miku_2019nobg.png
The Season of Giving begins now!

Good morning, Santas!
We have reached December 21, tomorrow is the day to begin distributing gifts! :miku_winter_lili:

How gift-giving will work:
1. First, make sure your gift is ready for giving! Because the last day of gift-giving is not until January 4, you have time to adjust anything you would like before then.

2. Send a DM to the person you will give a gift to, with the gift attached. You are welcome to give a message to the receiver in your DM as well. If you would like me to review anything beforehand, you may send a DM to me!

3. You can also post publicly such as on this thread in addition! (Not instead). Just in case, you can ask your receiver if they are okay with you posting the gift publicly, such as on social media, and you can also decide if you would prefer the gift to be kept private or not.

4. Let me know if you have sent the gift to your receiver, to keep track of everyone's progress! Just a simple message will do

Please let me know if you have any questions!
I hope everyone has fun giving their gifts! :maika_winter_lili:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)