• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Other Vocoflex by Dreamtonics

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
Dreamtonics has announced a new product based on voice morphing, similar to Vocalochanger but with a more fluid approach. Rather than just projecting your voice onto an existing voicebank, you can adjust the timbre of your voice in multiple ways based on vocal samples you import.

Vocoflex embeds a watermark on the voices, intended to prevent them from being used maliciously e.g. for impersonation. In another nice move, they strictly prohibit the use of voice samples obtained without consent.

My impression is that this is a vocal production plugin a little like a modern version of Izotope's VocalSynth, designed to allow you to warp your vocals for various effects. It will probably have more appeal with working musicians than the core vocal synth fandom, but I can see it doing well, as it would allow a working producer to quickly perform demo vocals for multiple parts. It also gives people who want to make their own SynthV voicebank a pretty easy way to do so.

You can sign up for the beta here!

Last edited:

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Been way too busy today, but I listened earlier and this sounds so cool! I'm into it. It's very interesting, and seems like it'll be very smooth and capable. I've already seen people complain about all the negatives of voice changer type things, but I'm kind of confused bc this is the first big one that I've seen that already has inbuilt protections with the inaudible watermark. Really good of DT

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
i thought i commented on this but i guess not!

i also agree-- this tech has existed for a while now and i am very glad to see DT tackling this knowing full well the issues that could come with such a tool. i dont see that happen with this kinda thing and even if some people say there may be easy work arounds to their attempts, the fact theyre keeping that in mind makes me sure they will continue to make sure security is priority. they have made amazing strides in vocsynth tech so they may well find even better and better ways to combat the misuse that could happen.

i am super intrigued by the ability to basically create a whole new voice entirely on its own. feels like a weird combo of making your own voicebank without... making the voice bank. the flexibility and range of this tool has be excited to try it when its out.

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
i am super intrigued by the ability to basically create a whole new voice entirely on its own. feels like a weird combo of making your own voicebank without... making the voice bank. the flexibility and range of this tool has be excited to try it when its out.
I saw a few comments on the demo video saying that that ability could be really useful for voice acting.

kozet

Conlanger
Jul 5, 2019
flirora.xyz
Unfortunately doesn’t have a Linux version. I don’t think I’m likely to use it anyway, but this looks like an interesting program.

nodzy

noob at renoidplayer
Apr 16, 2024
ur walls
soundcloud.com
:oliver_lili: this sounds dope XD for me (since I'm a total tech geek and love finding fun ways to combat stuff like stealing someones voice) the watermark is the coolest thing but ofc all the stuffs for voices legit could be like a voice acting alternative unlike vocaloid used as a voice in the past (ex: puppycat from bea and puppycat using I think Gumi's voice? you could tell it was a vocaloid mainly when puppycat said actual words rather than nonsense) and yea would def be better for full on musician stuffs lol

Alphonse

New Fan
Mar 13, 2021
:oliver_lili: this sounds dope XD for me (since I'm a total tech geek and love finding fun ways to combat stuff like stealing someones voice) the watermark is the coolest thing but ofc all the stuffs for voices legit could be like a voice acting alternative unlike vocaloid used as a voice in the past (ex: puppycat from bea and puppycat using I think Gumi's voice? you could tell it was a vocaloid mainly when puppycat said actual words rather than nonsense) and yea would def be better for full on musician stuffs lol
Puppycat used Oliver's voice.

Reactions: WyndReed and nodzy

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
I saw a few comments on the demo video saying that that ability could be really useful for voice acting.
definitely. i have thought about this kind of tech in the context of voice acting and it sounds really interesting to use it that way. i animate/make animatics etc of my own characters and it would super cool and useful to make a "cast" of voices all on my own if i didnt have the resources or money to hire people and/or needed to make some kind of proof of concept before dedicating money and time to a full original cast. changing my voice to sound completely different would be great for that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)