• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Voice from the Forest / Ballad of the Forest's Voice [Working title]

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
Okay, so I'm working on this song slowly, but this is really my first song by myself (the others that I did was as Collabs with .E.L) for the music and vocal. For the Vocals I think I'm going to stick with Len English the most. I even thought of using Arsloid
Yes, I still want to make a song for him, gosh darn it Arsloid let me love you. Why am I struggling on making you a song
, Kiyoteru, or Kaito (Soft) to Rin English, but not really on Rin English.
Harmony is tossed out of the window because I'm awful on creating harmonies and nothing sounds nice, boo..:haiyi_ani_lili:
I lowered down the volume for the musicbox part, but I think I have to lower it down further...? I'm almost thinking of fade-in for the beginning part of the piano. After that, I don't know what to do since I never really done mixing on the music. :rune_lili:

Here it is: Voice from the Forest Preview

Also I know I have other songs I need to do and complete, yet this one has an instrumental to it, guys!

GreenFantasy64

Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
I love the vocal, it's easy to understand. But have trouble focusing with the music box/ piano combo.
Thank you for the comment, fritotocholo! :midorizakikasumi_lili: I'm glad that the vocals can be understand, but piano and music box together is the problem, huh? Hmm.. thanks for bringing that to attention. :chika_ani_lili:

Now I just need to figure out how to solve that :ring_ani_lili:

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I love the vocal, it's easy to understand. But have trouble focusing with the music box/ piano combo.
Definitely agree. If the music box was a bit softer, I think it would fit a lot better. It sounds kind of like the music box is front and center, and Len's voice is hiding behind it. Other than that, it's lovely! Very clear and absolutely beautiful.

Reactions: GreenFantasy64

GreenFantasy64

Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
Another nice comment! :midorizakikasumi_lili: :midorizakikasumi_lili: Thank you~!
If the music box was a bit softer, I think it would fit a lot better. It sounds kind of like the music box is front and center, and Len's voice is hiding behind it.
I see.... I'll have try something out for that than. I know I only did EQ2 on both the piano and the music box, and just lowered a bit on the volume...but maybe there might be other effects to use on the musicbox.

Other than that, it's lovely! Very clear and absolutely beautiful.
Thank you, peaches. :mikiv4_ani_lili:

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
What program are you using to make the backing track? I could help you out if you need help. Otherwise, I think it would be fine if you just lowered the volume a bit more. The piano's volume is fine, so I think that's all it would take.

GreenFantasy64

Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
I'm using the FL Studio 20 trial. :kyo_ani_lili: I do have Studio One Artist, but....I can't use the VST that I want to use in that DAW.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I agree with @fritotocholo and @peaches2217. It's kind of hard to describe what's a little off/why, but the music box has a way of sort of grabbing your attention away from Len. I think maybe it's because the music box has such a higher pitch and a sharper/crisper sound to it, whereas the piano and Len are lower-pitched and have a more gentle/flowing quality; it makes your ears immediately turn to the music box because it's so different. The musical term that comes to mind is attack (which I'm pretty sure I'm using correctly here?).

I feel like one option would be lowering the attack and transposing the music box down to be more in line with the piano/Len. But that's probably not the sound you're going for, and you often don't want to have too many instruments in the mix that work in the same tonal range, either (to keep them from just getting in each other's way). So that probably isn't a good idea here. *Ending half to-myself theory guesswork now*

So basically, I agree--the easiest thing to do that probably preserves as much of your original intent as possible is just to turn down the volume of the music box and see how that works/if you like it.

Having said all that, though, I really like it! It sounds so nice :love:. The instrumental came out really well! I'm jealous :).

GreenFantasy64

Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
Thanks for that, mobius. :nana_smile_lili:
I did actually had the musicbox follow along with the high piano part (because it was originally the vocal midi part but I kept it and made few light differences to it), but pick it up for a better sound.

Having said all that, though, I really like it! It sounds so nice :love:. The instrumental came out really well! I'm jealous :).
:lapis_ani_lili:

GreenFantasy64

Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
Decided to get rid of the musicbox.... boo me. :ring_ani_lili: Also added in a few notes at the end for the piano, few changes to some notes. Tried again a bit for the harmony and thought of using Arsloid..... gave up, oops. :arsloid_lili: Poor Arsloid Unless I over-layer Rin's voice to Len to some parts... :len_lili:

New progress, yay

Reactions: mobius017

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I'm sorry about the music box!! That said, it sounds a lot better, I think. It's easier to focus on the voice. It's a very lovely song, and the piano adds to the melancholy feel of it. All in all, really well done!

• Love

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I think it sounds better, too! The additional notes for the piano at the end also add something--they sort of help the song trail off in a way that suits the mood.

• Love

GreenFantasy64

Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
After many, many months okay, not that long after White Lily was posted in youtube I knew I wanted to work on this song along with Shatter my Heart. For this one, it was almost ready. Since I recently got Daina, I thought of using her as back up vocal to Len. :daina_lili: I got some help on how to do the harmony, thanks to .E.L I gave up a few times, but I got it in the end!

I did a few edits by taking away a few notes from Daina to put a little more focus on Len on some parts.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
It's really pretty! The new harmony sounds very nice. And it seems like maybe you did some tweaking to Len's voice, too--he sounds softer and smoother now than he did before.

• Love

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)