• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID What Are Two VOCALOIDs That Sounded Surprisingly Good Together?

Ibis

Did someone say UTAU?
Jul 7, 2022
the time out corner
I think Gumi and Una sound really good together!

And of course, a post by me isn't complete without me blabbing about UTAU at least once:
Sukone Tei and Kasane Teto, while similar sounding, can sound really good together. Also, Namine Ritsu and Yokune Ruko (either voicebank) can prove to be a great dynamic for more intense songs.

Now that I think about it, I feel like Momone Momo and Shion Yowa might go well together, but both have really soft voicebanks so it could make certain songs too muffled.

Last edited:
Reactions: peaches2217

AmazingStrange39

Miku-Avanna-Gumi enthusiast
May 23, 2019
I have Miku and AVANNA (those are my only Vocaloids) and I'd like to test dueting them more. Miku's V3 English voicebank matches Avanna's tone more but her V4 English being sort of the opposite might act, like...complementary to Avanna?

AmazingStrange39

May 23, 2019
Update: Yeah! Avanna and Miku really do complement each other, it's really nice. It's like a mother singing with her teen daughter almost. Except they're only 2 years apart official-age-wise and from...the other side of the world, compared to each other. It might help that they pronounce "U" sounds similarly, maybe?

I've heard (from V3xman I think) that Miku (her V3 anyway) and Oliver also work together nicely and fix each other's problems?

Oh, when you place their emojis side by side they also look like they're singing together, lol

I definitely "friend-ship" them xD I can imagine them being buddies and hanging out...wherever a Japanese and Irishwoman would meet up

From the short time I had Fukase (I CANNOT do trades; working with him was a pleasant experience though and I would buy him (lack of money and that dang TOS hold me back)) I think he works with Miku pretty well as well? But someone else already said that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ibis

Ibis

Did someone say UTAU?
Jul 7, 2022
the time out corner
From the short time I had Fukase (I CANNOT do trades; working with him was a pleasant experience though and I would buy him (lack of money and that dang TOS hold me back)) I think he works with Miku pretty well as well? But someone else already said that.
I do think that Fukase's terms of service is a big deterrent for many. Most people want to get the most out of what they put into their work, and not being able to monetize what you do is a real deal-breaker for many. I actually know a couple of fukase songs I really want to buy and listen to but I just can't because most people can't sell them.

On a more positive note, I actually do remember listening to this one cover of Lost One's Weeping that used Miku and Fukase! I think they sounded really good together in that.

Last edited:

AmazingStrange39

May 23, 2019
I do think that Fukase's terms of service is a big deterrent for many. Most people want to get the most out of what they put into their work, and not being able to monetize what you do is a real deal-breaker for many. I actually know a couple of fukase songs I really want to buy and listen to but I just can't because most people can't sell them.

On a more positive note, I actually do remember listening to this one cover of Lost One's Weeping that used Miku and Fukase! I think they sounded really good together in that.
A lot of people get around that by just...distributing it for free. Which seems to be the only thing you can do, sigh...

Ibis

Did someone say UTAU?
Jul 7, 2022
the time out corner
A lot of people get around that by just...distributing it for free. Which seems to be the only thing you can do, sigh...
And you shouldn't have to give your work away for free if you don't want to! I know there are plenty of producers who are happy just making songs and giving out the mp3s, but those who would like to profit off of their hard work shouldn't have to be bound by Fukase's license. I really would like to support the creators by buying their songs, but that really isn't an option if they use Fukase. It's kind of a loose-loose for everyone...

Reactions: TheStarPalace

AmazingStrange39

May 23, 2019
Update: Miku and her past self. I mean, self-harmony is second-nature in Vocaloid of course, but I'm talking specifically about her V3 and V4 English. They work like a charm together, especially if V3 is doing the lower harmony. (if you don't have them both already, please somehow get both miku v3 and v4 english. they just. they fix each other's problems. they are wonderful together)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)