• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

What Inspires You?

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I was curious about what inspires us. What things in your life give you the urge to create something?

I've found that I have a few memories, or even imaginary scenes, that I've accumulated over the years that I want to turn into some kind of creative work.

Unusually strong feelings are also often triggers--particular flavors of affection, hopelessness, or anger often do it. But they can't be too all-consuming, or they'll be too distracting. Nevertheless, they need to have a certain depth/substantiality/gravitas to them to work. I also seem to have to be receptive to them...in a way I can't really define.

PearlStarLight5

Miss Retrocore, at your service!
What stops creative urges: anxiety or a bad mood
A few things that inspire them:
-When I think of something funny to write, such as my Talkloids or that Shrek creepypasta I wrote a while back
-When I get inspired by other fiction, which is common for my original characters.
-I definitely get in the creative mood when I have energy or when I'm calm

Josh Kouki

Merely a person.
Aug 10, 2021
Anywhere
Hmm, a simple question on the surface, but it negates a simple answer. Afterall, it provokes the problems we have in our daily lives in our daily contexts which are peculiar yet in another aspect no less significant than that of others. Our customs, our thoughts, and ideals influence us all differently and therefore an "inspiration" of sorts is as differing in mind as in the practice of what it is we hope to be "inspired" for in relation to. Most people on this server for instance are here in common to share their experiences in tandom to a similar idea of enjoying and discussing works of music and art within a niche called vocaloid (extensively; vsynths in general) which has impacted us all clearly to be here whether in activity of recreation(s) of our own projects, to view others, or to simply in casual language, chill. This, however, is also a direct question which eases the burden as it is posited personally for our own narrations contextualizing our lives so I hope to be forgiven the detour; monologue in this sense of generalizing this question more abstractly than perhaps it was intended for. I'd say for myself from enjoying hearing singing artificial voice synthesizers over a some while now it is a non-negligible presense in my life since my encounter with this fascinating phenomenon of connecting with humans through their works in a medium that is otherwise alienating paradoxically (the expense of providing anonymity) in a very (often) personal manner n spite of its intention. It provides an outlet for observation and helps me to think about not just it as a social and technical object of study but also in relation to my life as to how this impacts my studies and other interests in terms of what I gravitate towards investigating (albeit philosophically). Since, the rise of this software is still imo very new, in terms of the advances in the 21st century what this implies for not just music but all the fields that come in contact to it and how this would spread itself globally really across spectrums that may seem foreign to it even. I appreciate the question and my answer isn't necessairy one I feel so qualified to answer, given I don't feel any compelling satisfaction with anything I can give but to say that is has inspired me to sort of to picture a project that seems to happen beyond our everyday appeareances of inteactions and social relations to smth bigger than any individual one of us involved in it. We all contribute by merely listening, sharing, and discussing our thoughts and suggestions with respectable artists of exemplarary diverse orientation involved in this whole construction. To be frank, it isn't novel I'd think in the sense of community building that smth akin to vocaloid would have been given form sooner or later, though on a scale such as the approach in the 21st century has taken with advancements that make this technically possible, it is unique in regards to me I'd say. It also inspires me to read a lot of literature that isn't in direct relation to it but helps to contribute how I'd view this to my own life as well as my understanding of others. I apologize for the TEXT WALL! this is a unfortunate tendency of my own I admit.

Josh Kouki

Merely a person.
Aug 10, 2021
Anywhere
Oh also, I think I replied late in this case so I apologize, not sure if my response is helpful for the discussion being all too relevent, though, it did bring up my thoughts of that matter. I hope it put smth in perspective at least, thanks for reading so much!

AALLF

I create symphonic metal/rock using Gumi.
May 20, 2020
United States
www.youtube.com
I think the simple act of playing my guitar inspires me to create. However, when I've come up with an idea that resonates with me, oftentimes whatever anime, tv show/movie, or video game that I've watched or played recently comes to mind and inspires me more. So, just creating music itself inspires me, and then other creative mediums help give me more "juice" to keep going.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)