• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

What languages can you speak?

Pomelo

In 2D hell
Apr 8, 2018
Besides the obvious English. :miki_lili:

I can speak Farsi and a little French (not fluent though lol). I started teaching myself Japanese last summer, but I kinda had to put that on hold because of other irl responsibilities...

Uhhh I also took an Arabic class a few years ago, but I've forgotten everything except "yes", "no", "I don't know", "what's up", "dear/darling", and whatever Arabic loanwords are already in Farsi. I'd like to learn it again sometime, but the grammar kinda kicked my ass.

Last edited:
Reactions: Elsa12TMNT

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
I speak a vague beginner-intermediate level of Japanese (took two years in college and study by myself off and on now) and sometimes I can understand a little Spanish because I took four years of it in middle/high school.

YunīC

Stan Yuezheng Longya
Apr 8, 2018
I can only speak german

I can't even speak english, I can only write & read it and maybe also hear it a bit (depends on accent)
I will never speak english again, it always doesn't end well

Hatsune-hakase

Hɐʇsnuǝ-ɥɐʞɐsǝ
Apr 8, 2018
The only language I can actually speak is English. But I know a lot of French and a little bit of German, enough that I can probably read something in those languages (though I'd have to look up lots of words). I also know the Cyrillic alphabet, but I don't actually know any of the languages that use it.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
English, Spanish (Well, 2.5/4 years,
because, more or less seriously, two of the teachers lost their minds
.), and a conlang that I taught myself.

Last edited:
Reactions: GreenFantasy64

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
I'm a native speaker of Finnish snd English is my second strongest language although my accent is pretty bad I imagine.
I studied Swedish at school for 4 or 5 years but I've forgotten most of it. I understand Swedish better than I speak.
I've studied Japanese on my own but I'm still a beginner.
Oh, I also studied German in middle school for 2 years but I only remember some very basic phrases and vocabulary.

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
I had to do French and Spanish in high school, but I've forgotten all of it now. ^^;

I've been meaning to pick up German at some point, since it would be really helpful for my career prospects. (I want to become a researcher in Nazi German history). I'd also like to pick up Japanese and Russian for fun too.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Native English and N3 Japanese. Some Spanish but it's not that good right now. Going to be studying both Japanese and Spanish for the next two years though, and probably taking Japanese further academically too. Want to learn Korean and Chinese to an extent, eventually.

My first language was Russian. Because I grew up in Germany, I learned German too to the point that both are on the same level.
Every elementary school in Germany has an English class, but I never was good at it... Until the time I discovered Hatsune Miku and Vocaloid. German Miku fans were nowhere to be found, so I used my broken school English to post on English forums. One year later, I became the best English student in class.
Ironically, people like to make fun of Miku's English, but for me, she became a kind of an English teacher.
I also learn Japanese because I want to write songs in Japanese. I will try the N5 exam later this year.
When I become fluent in Japanese, in 10 years, perhaps, I will start with Chinese.

DorellyMimi

Aspiring Fan
Mar 7, 2018
Italy
I'm Italian so I'm fluent in it and our local dialect (which is almost a language itself), but I also studied French and can understand Spanish a little, too!

Cluemily

cherish chika
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 25, 2018
www.youtube.com
I speak English, but since I live in Scotland it's basically just Scots at this point since we change it up so much. I've been attempting to learn French and Spanish in my spare time, and my Grandad used to teach me Scots Gaelic when I was wee, but I've pretty much forgotten most of that at this point.

Maribelle

GalacOH no she didn't
Apr 9, 2018
I'm Swedish so I can speak that tho now that I'm in America I very rarely do unless its muttering under my breath at work and also speak English have been studying with a friend of mine who was native to Mainland China for Mandarin tho

Reactions: Pomelo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)