• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID Where to download the V4 editor?

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
So I own a physical copy of V4 but my new laptop doesn't have a disk slot. Is there a place where I can download the V4 editor and put in my code?

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I agree with @Wario94. I could be wrong, but I haven't heard of any arrangement where buying a physical disc gave you access to the download version of the editor (or vice versa). Either way, if I remember right, V4 isn't an editor that Yamaha is selling anymore. I think you can still get it as part of bundles or something on third-party sites, but that would require you to pay for it again. It would probably be just as easy and cheap/cheaper to get a disc drive that you can attach to your laptop by USB cable or something.

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
I agree with the external disc drive idea - I have one for music CDs so I can rip them to iTunes. I don't think you get a free digital copy of any Vocaloid software if you buy the physical version, and only Internet Co. is selling V4 now (but only in bundles with their Vocaloids, I think). External disc drives aren't too difficult to set up either, since all you need is a USB port (or two - my disc drive requires two USBs to be plugged in to it at the same time. Clunky setup, but I only need it running for ten minutes or so).

Reactions: Wario94

Overcast Immortal

Budding producer
Dec 4, 2018
USA
www.youtube.com
You could also just get a Crypton V4. They're expensive, but they come with Piapro Studio, which is almost exactly the same as Yamaha's editor, except it doesn't allow Cross Synthesis, but it does allow advanced tone controls for Crypton V4's. The downside here is that I believe it will only ever support vocals from V2-4. You'd have to buy a hypothetical Crypton V5 to get a version 5 of Piapro Studio, and I know of no discounted upgrades.

Another alternative would be to get the V5 editor. Also expensive, but it has clearer output than V4 editors, and comes with several voice banks. I believe you qualify for a discount if you own Yamaha's V4 editor.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
You could also just get a Crypton V4. They're expensive, but they come with Piapro Studio, which is almost exactly the same as Yamaha's editor, except it doesn't allow Cross Synthesis, but it does allow advanced tone controls for Crypton V4's. The downside here is that I believe it will only ever support vocals from V2-4. You'd have to buy a hypothetical Crypton V5 to get a version 5 of Piapro Studio, and I know of no discounted upgrades.
Piapro Studio allows Cross Synthesis (XSY), but you're right about the current version of Piapro only supporting V2-4. Per the posts starting here in the Cryptonloid voicebank updates, collabs, & concert news (crypton_wat Twitter translations) thread, it looks like CFM is moving away from Yamaha and to a new engine they'll be developing, which will be a standalone version of Piapro (in the same vein as the standalone they already have for Miku Chinese). So they apparently won't be supporting V5 at all.

Wario94

Passionate Fan
Jan 5, 2019
You'd have to buy a hypothetical Crypton V5 to get a version 5 of Piapro Studio, and I know of no discounted upgrades.
About that, there is no proof that Piapro Studio support V5 voicebanks.
For that, you would get Vocaloid4.5 Editor for Cubase. It's mostly the same as V4 Editor for Cubase but you could use actual V5 voicebanks alongside V2-V4 voicebanks.
You could get it when buying the either versions of Vocaloid5 Editor.

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA

Another alternative would be to get the V5 editor. Also expensive, but it has clearer output than V4 editors, and comes with several voice banks. I believe you qualify for a discount if you own Yamaha's V4 editor.
I'm a broke college student so I think I'll just stick to the external disk thing for now lol. But thanks much for your suggestions <3

SeleDreams

Passionate Fan
Jul 31, 2019
I'm a broke college student so I think I'll just stick to the external disk thing for now lol. But thanks much for your suggestions <3
There is also the option of someone lending you their laptop/pc with a cd drive allowing you to make an iso that you could put on usb and install on your pc

Reactions: kozet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)